Zeljko Roso - Roso F1 Wheel

Hi all,

Long story short, I made an order for the Roso F1 Wheel back in February, from Mr Zeljko Roso in Croatia.

Made my payment to Mr Roso on the 24th February for my own Roso F1 wheel. He replied about 10 days later to confirm the payment had been made and he'd received the money, fair enough. However, this was the last email I received from him, and I've heard nothing from him since, despite numerous attempts to contact him for any sort of update.

I was told beforehand I'd have the wheel in 4-7 weeks from receiving my payment. Now if there have been significant delays, that's fine, if I have to wait a while to get what I've heard is a masterful wheel, so be it. But some sort of update would be nice while my money is nestled nicely in his bank account.

If the guy was/is in hospital or something, fair enough. I of all people would understand, I've been in and out of hospital a few times the last few months. But the guy has been updating his Roso wheel website a few times over the last few days, so it's not like he isn't online. Not really sure what to do, just thought I'd share my disappointment at the lack of contact too. Case of waiting (and waiting) I guess.

Not gonna completely slate the guy, I've read testimonials of his wheels on a few websites, not just his own one, and have read on a few forums, including this one that people have always received their wheels, albeit with the odd delay along the way, and some cases of Mr Roso not responding for long periods of times.

So basically, is there anyone out there that has had experiences ordering this wheel from Mr Roso, or is there anyone out there who may be able to get in contact with him somehow to at least alert him to my concern? I am a reasonably patient guy, but I have put a fair bit of money into this, so it would at least give me peace of mind to know the guy is still around and that my wheel will eventually come, and he's not on some Caribbean island spending my money. :p (Just realised I said long story short at the beginning, I'm a liar, sorry about that haha).

Last edited by a moderator:
I have sent an email with a couple of questions prior to a purchase and have yet to receive an answer after almost 2 weeks, so I guess he is so busy he isn't even worried about new sales.

Upvote 0
I guess he's hard at work and, let's face it, 4-6 months for something that's on high demand and still being handcrafted is pretty normal. The only downside would be him not answering e-mails, I have to concur. :)

Upvote 0
Try getting a hold of leo bodnar, same story :p

I'm actually in contact with Leo Bodnar now, and he informed me that he sent out some SLI-Pro's to Mr Roso a while ago, but has yet to receive payment from him. Usually Roso has been very good and quick with his payments, so something weird is going on.

Upvote 0
I'm actually in contact with Leo Bodnar now, and he informed me that he sent out some SLI-Pro's to Mr Roso a while ago, but has yet to receive payment from him. Usually Roso has been very good and quick with his payments, so something weird is going on.

I've never gotten a reply from him, tried to contact him 3-4 times. Reason why I didn't buy SLI-PRO modules, go figure.

Upvote 0
I wonder, are they having any problems in Split Croatia right now?At one time or another
they were having problems. Also he and his girlfriend were hot and heavy. Who knows
he might have gotten married. The reason I know these things . Zeljko had been asking me how to build a small vacuum Auto Clave. I work with Composites in aviation. So we got to be pretty mates.

Upvote 0
Only problem Split has is warm weather, cold beer and tourists. Afaik at least :p
If I would take a wild guess it's the tourist season that keeps him busy ATM, it's very common here to have little to normal work off season but work like a slave when tourist season is here. Many restaurants close when season is off etc. so he might just be busy working with other things just now. No excuse for not answering mails though.

Upvote 0
Only problem Split has is warm weather, cold beer and tourists. Afaik at least :p
If I would take a wild guess it's the tourist season that keeps him busy ATM, it's very common here to have little to normal work off season but work like a slave when tourist season is here. Many restaurants close when season is off etc. so he might just be busy working with other things just now. No excuse for not answering mails though.

I agree with you Kjell, he should keep in contact.

Upvote 0
any news from Roso??:O_o:

Nope, absolutely nothing. It's terrible. No matter how good the wheel may be, his customer service is terrible, and I would not recommend him to anyone. I'm annoyed at myself more than anyone though for sending him the money. Everything I'd read previously though had suggested everyone got their ordered wheels, whether there was a delay or not. But this is ridiculous. I feel cheated and very let down by Mr Roso.

Upvote 0
There's nothing worse than poor communication from a seller. Its bad enough when just inquiring about items and hearing nothing back but when you have paid and are expecting goods there is no excuse.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking of collecting the testimonies of those who bought the steering wheel and go to the police to report ... in the world we are about 10 or so that we expect the steering wheel.
Mr. Roso wrote to us that we can use email as documents just like his bank account and the site.
We begin to make a list and then write to Mr. Roso and feel ..
Let's see if it responds if he does worse for him.
We have spent money on this is true but I will never accept to have made them steal
sorry ... google translator

Upvote 0
very sorry to hear ppl having probs with getting his wheels. from what i see of them, they are very good.
That is one thing that is VERY important to me, communication. I may be slow as i also work a 4 day 10 hour night shift and make my wheels on the weekend, but i make it a point to reply within 24 hours to any question or inquiry.
To me unless you are getting 100's of emails a day, there should be no reason why they cannot be responded to. And if i was to get that many, i would get my wife or someone to help me out.

Upvote 0
Maybe someone has a phone number or something?

It's a pitty this is happening but maybe he is having personal issues, which he didn't communicate obviously.

I do think it's a bit harsh to accuse him of stealing from you though, since you don't know what is the cause of the delay.

Upvote 0
So many things can go wrong.
But a response does not cost anything.
Gentlemen here speak of thousands of dollars not to crumbs.
I demand an answer and it is my right to have her or his part or on the part of those close to him.
Only one answer!
After he received the money he has not heard any more.
I have 3 friends who have bought and received the steering wheel so I did too the order.
I paid 26 March today is September 5.
I can wait another month maximum after which I will have to start a legal action.
I am very very sorry I just want my fantastic wheel.

Upvote 0
Good news.

Dear customers
Due to certain problems with suppliers and partners we haven't been able to work during the last few months, and we apologize for the delay in answering your e-mail. We are back to work now, all pending orders will be sent within next days. New updated manual (with instructions on how to update correct firmware) can be found here:

New Roso steering wheels feature new display unit, specifically made for our wheels. This enables us to have even lower prices while further improving build quality. Production time is now a lot more predictable. Price for standard wheel is now: 570 €

I got an e-mail response within 3 days.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back