1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Youtube pit tutorial

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by motoxy, Feb 28, 2016.

1. motoxy

motoxy
    Premium Member

Here is a good link for pit tutorial. Important to remember to confirm your actions or noting happens:(

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. 2scoops

2scoops
    Premium Member

I always having problems with pit stops, it's a real pain having to mess about with keys, why can't they just have mouse cursor it's much quicker.
    Every time I stop I can't select the confirm until I've clicked on the options and turn them green, it really winds me up, it's a horrible interface. If you've set a preset and activated it you shouldn't need to do anything.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. You can already click on the options to turn them green in the preset screen. If you configured your preset correctly, the only thing you need to do in the race is confirming the preset.

4. Erik Springelkamp

Erik Springelkamp
    Premium Member

I just wished that the cursor would be standard positioned on the accept button.

5. 2scoops

2scoops
    Premium Member

Don't we all :roflmao:

When you set the preset make sure the tyre option is green, and the fix if needed, then when you pit all you need to do is use your down arrow key to move to the confirm and hit enter.

A bit of a faff using the keyboard, nobody likes it.

6. And what do I do when it won't let me click on "confirm settings" ? watched the video of the old interface and i don't have those choices.I Pre-set a pit stop, fuel and tires, see it in the list, move it up to top, request a stop while on track, pit box comes on screen,I see preselected fuel and tires in the menu, arrow down to "confirm" and it goes to cancel pit stop instead, every time, back on track, another dnf for not stopping. Why will it not let me select confirm? Getting real frustrated with this sim. Thanks for the vent and the suggestions.

7. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium Member

Bring up the pit box, move to the setting/s you would like the pit crew to address and hit "enter". After enabling one or more settings (turns green) the "Confirm" will be available. The key here is to "select" one or more settings (fuel, tires, etc.). One you select the Confirm is available.

8. EsxPaul

EsxPaul
    Premium Member

I just assign various pit actions to my wheel. Still causes panic though, as I veer off of the road while trying to remember which buttons I mapped in the first place!

• Haha Haha x 2
  9. You sir, are a whit saver. As you suggested, the KEY is to select the already highlighted action, redundant? yes. Works? yes. Thank you. I was just several laps from any more races and questioned the sanity of keeping up with this sim to just practice. Once again, thanks.

10. Keith Joyce

Keith Joyce
    Stercus accidit Premium Member

I have found that if you leave the 'confirm' until you are under AI control in the pit lane then that is the only button you need to press.

11. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium Member

It was evident to me either at first. I assumed if you created a pit strategy, and that strategy is displayed when you pull up the pit board, I thought it was just a matter of confirming. I wish you could confirm as-is, a lot easier to manage while racing. Of course, waiting until in the pit lane is much easier.

12. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

I use these----->
    511JjmGEaGL._AC_UL320_SR256,320_.jpg :cool::cool::cool:

• Like Like x 3
  13. Alfie57

Alfie57
    SimRaceTube Premium Member

Think about a button box, I use a Logitech G13 for it and you can configure this separately to any other buttons... Look at YouTube for examples. I have about 8 race sims and am glad to have this...

14. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium Member

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 2