F1 2012 Your Steering wheel settings?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey their I'm curious to know what other racers use ingame since I am really struggling with this game :/

Steering Deadzone: ?
Steering Saturation: ?
Steering Linearity: ?
Throttle Deadzone: ?
Throttle Saturation: ?
Brake Deadzone: ?
Brake Saturation: ?

Why are you impressed? :confused:

And yeah, you're right. But for me it's a lot easier with lower degrees. I mean, not a lot easier. On pCARS I use more degrees [game uses it for me] and I feel a lot more comfortable in the car. But as CM's games don't have such good feedback it'd be hard for me to change now. I used 200 on 2011 so I couldn't change it. I mean, I could.. But why when I was feeling good with 200? :p

Well I used 200 in 2011 and moving it to 330 made it feel the same for me in 2012.

I have been playing around with these again on my Microsoft Wheel. Have a league race at Monaco this coming Sunday so thought I would see if I could find something in the wheel settings to make an improvement. One thing that did make a big difference was to reduce the force feedback... made it so much easier through places like Nouvelle Chicane and the swimming pool complex.

I have been playing around with these again on my Microsoft Wheel. Have a league race at Monaco this coming Sunday so thought I would see if I could find something in the wheel settings to make an improvement. One thing that did make a big difference was to reduce the force feedback... made it so much easier through places like Nouvelle Chicane and the swimming pool complex.

Believe me, I'm playing with a high FFB settings. It makes you a lot smoother and limits your movement which is good too. At least for me. :)

Sorry peter... it doesnt work with my driving style i guess
but tweaked mine a bit

XBOX360 Microsoft wheel FFB

Steering Deadzone: 0%
Steering Saturation: 5%
Steering Linearity: 70%
Throttle Deadzone: 0%
Throttle Saturation: 0%
Brake Deadzone: 0%
Brake Saturation: 0%

Env effects 30%
FFB 50%
WW 80%

I've been playing with me wheel settings and finally found something comfortable but I have no steering lock on the wheel, meaning the steering lock I set in the game or controller profile is max turn in the car but I can still move the wheel past the lock angle(also the feeling of FFB drops off dramatically past the lock) is this a game issue or wheel?

It's a game "issue" i think...
When you feel the FFB droping or rumbeling(i dont know how te explain it) you are over the sweet spot on grip(so you get understeer) for really slow corners you need to turn the wheel much furter so you wont be able to take the corner the right way.(if lock is changed)

So what im trying to say... you must try to steer the car that far so you allmost feel the FFB drop....

the most diffecult part is.... It changes every turn,track and car. Its a feeling.... When you understand it. You will be able to drive much quicker times.

Good luck

No, it's a communication issue between the Logitech software and the game.
Basically the wheel doesn't do a hard stop on the position you set the degrees of rotation to, instead it's a "soft lock", past which the wheel gets loose and there's no FFB information.

Unfortunately this is quite a common issue on the Logitech wheels.
From what I understand the latest driver from Logitech was tailored somewhat for the G27 and occasional bugs do occur on the other 900 wheels (DFP, DFGT, G25), although G27 isn't completely devoid of them either.

I used to have this steer lock issue with my old DFP (in Project CARS and Shift2 mainly, but only once in F1 2012).
Suffice to say it got very annoying after a point.
The usual fix was by disconnecting and reconnecting the wheel (via USB) and/or rebooting the PC but other times the issue only went away after reinstalling the drivers.

Ultimately I fixed the problem by replacing the wheel altogether with a Fanatec. Steer lock wise the adjustment is on the fly from the wheel itself and never had an issue with it in any SIM.

Ironically I changed a bit last week and went for a wheel setup that Karl Fuss uses:-

Deadzone 3%
Saturation 5%
Linearity 40%
Throttle Deadzon 0%
Throttle Saturation 0%
Brake Deadzone 0%
Brake saturation 0%

With FFB at:-
Env effects 60%
FFB 80%
WW 60%

This really seemed very comfortable for me over a number of days and strangely enough the wheel felt smoother at these higher settings than the lower ones. I might just go back now and try out my old settings again and see how it feels. Maybe we just get used to what we are using at any given time.

I changed it a bit

XBOX360 Microsoft wheel FFB

Steering Deadzone: 3%
Steering Saturation: 5%
Steering Linearity: 30%
Throttle Deadzone: 0%
Throttle Saturation: 0%
Brake Deadzone: 0%
Brake Saturation: 0%

Env effects 70%
FFB 100%
WW 100%