F1 2010 Your rating of F1 2010 - The Game (pre-patch)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Jim Croskell

I gave it an 8.

If it had shipped later with the majority of the bugs ironed out I would of given it a 9.

Throw in a few missing features/more polished career mode I would of like to seen and it would of got a 10.

It's been frustrating at times to have my race pretty much ruined due to dodgy penalties and the odd 15 to 20 second pit stop, but all in all I can live with it for now and look forward to the patch being released sometime soon.

Ok , so a little reavaluation is needed !

I should give it score of 7.5 now, for having some nice mods , which does improve the game-experience.
Said that , at this moment looking throughout the files etc for future modding..I give it score of ...:

9/10 ! And a Big Thank You to Codemasters for giving the modding-community something worth while looking at and playing with !
I'm pretty sure many modteams will jump on it and make some nice things in the following years.
So Well Done CM!
Wkr

uninstalled, the game. reinstalled to try all the mods that came out. the grip mod made things great, but the AI floundered with it. get all stoked and do some more career, suzuka, 50%. 7 laps to go. pits bug out and my rear jack man is in the way so i cant pit. This isnt the first time i've seen this bug, but its definitely the last time i'll deal with the odd issues the game has.

I've forced myself to play this game, just cuz i love F1 so much. yet i just crack up every time, or wanna throw my wheel thru the window lol.

I finally got the hang of the spin recovery to the point of making laughable turns lol. oh wells.

Gave a 4 for the PC version

Graphics are not any better than GRID. This game is a GRID makeover with very bad car physics (way to easy with NO oversteer). The whole menu structure and options are too arcadisch. The sound is bad (allthough most race game sounds are bad until the mods).
The cockpit view doenst give me a speed immersion at all. Besides that the game suffers major bugs which stops me from playing complete races. There is no fun in it at all.

Compared to GTR2, Race on ect this game truly is one big disaster. CM should be ashamed to bring out such a beta version.

I gave it a one.Why?

a. A Formula One game without telemetry,is that a joke!? That sucks !

b. Setup tweaks: made for morons and imbeciles.
ps:STOP RUNNING AFTER SOMEONE ELSE´S SETUP.IT WOULD NEVER FIT YOUR STYLE.TAKE TIME TO KNOW
HOW F1 RUNS VIZ;HOW EACH COMPONENT OF AN F1 CAR FUNCTIONS.A MAX SPEED OF 340 KM/H OR MORE IN
SAO PAULO IS NOTHING BUT IMBECILIC.

I gave it a 7 and I think that's generous the actual car handling is ok. Iv raced both cars and bikes for real and I can say that most sims over exaggerate meany of the aspects of racing e.g. touch a blade of grass and you spin like a top . I am though disappointed by the amount of bugs one bug seems to allow my team mate and others to do meany more laps on the option tyre than I can. Also the developers made a big deal about the live the life part of the game and things like podium celebrations. Non of which seem not to be in the game.

Something else that bugs me is that the developers made a point of saying that f1 fans are knowledgeable and the game would lean towards being a sim. So why is there no telemetry how can I set ride height if I don't know what the ground clearance is ?. gp4 an old game has better setup and telemetry options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 91 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%