F1 2010 Your rating of F1 2010 - The Game (pre-patch)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first got the game I was struggling but still liked it. It is a very different experience. I started off in a Lotus and couldn't get anywhere quickly so I started again with Virgin and what a difference. Pity the lotus didn't drive like this but I'm having fun.

Things that concern me are the over the top penalties,Tyre and Fuel Sim, Ai not getting penalties(I have lost count where I have been rammed), punctures (I have had two practices on the trot where both fronts have been punctured) I'm not saying get rid of these but if they were done more fairly it would be great.

But the positives out weigh the negatives in my opinion. I love the handling, I spin a lot but I do learn in the end not to speed away to early coming out of a corner. I'm in no way one of these quick drivers but all I care about is having some fun and not coming in last, lol. So far so good. The atmosphere generally is very good. I have it on the ps3 and think possibly the car renders were better done in the former F1 CE game but apart from that I think F1 2010 wins.

My score? I gave it an 8 on the understanding some of the bugs will be fixed but excellent game.

I gave it a 7 overall ..because of the limited options of drivibility and online-play
Graphics and sounds are pretty nice , physics could do better , but it's ok .
Maybe thanks to some mods etc ( which i still have to try out) , i'll give it a higher score..for now though a 7 justifies this game well.

I really like the game i cant see what you are all moning about (i am sick of this its not a sim game) it was never a sim game and codes never said it was going to be they said it was going to be in the middle as a true sim cant be done for the people out there that are not like us.

the other thing you all have to think about is the game that this had to beat is F1Ce on the ps3 witch i still have and it blows that away.

you cant say its not like rfactor or gtrevo that is just silly comon guys think about it.

yes there are bugs but being a codes game i thought there might be lol some things change

but over all it is a awesome game for just having a good time on with out all the fuss you get with sims you know i got this aswell to pass the time intill GT5 is here in 4 weeks time but i can see me still playing on this intill f1 2011 is here good work codes just sort out the little probs that having be put on the net

peace people :)

First and for all , if it really isn't a sim (i'm pretty convinced it is actually , but in it's own way ) , why then put in the 'racing simulations' forum?
There are some aspects however about it being a sim at heart ..especially being a sim as present a game so you live like an f1-pilot within the game.. i like that alot actually!
Also physics-wise it's pretty damn good aswell ..probably better then most of the rfactor-f1-mods out there ...(before you try even tpo counter this , rfactor's physics are far from calculated on open-wheelers and therefor cannot replicate real openwheeler-physics , especially karts)

On the other end..i'm a pc-gamer/simmer and cannot relate to console , since that's the first part of being true to simracing actually... i just don't play consoles . (not saying consoles are a bad thing though , it can be heaps of fun and pretty realistic in presentation)

rFactor ..that one is pretty old , and yet still it meets a simulation-experience..that says alot about that old-simracing game ! Just wait until rFactor 2 is released!
GTREvo on the other hand also had it's drawbacks and many true simmers didn't like it at first , thanks to mods that all changed.

Now , i do agree with Wayne Reed here , f1 2010 is an awesome game and it's also just releasd ..after a good patch , some very nice mods (allready popping up on the forums) , i'm sure this is a game/sim that can be appreciated very much .
And hopefully it will have many people online aswell , that's the part i found the least exiting actually..just because many quit , crash or got a broken connection..

But when you come to think about it , also in sim-games like rfactor , gtr etc there are many quiters , wreckers and people who can't deal with a loss ... so yes overall this game scores very good ..now let just hope it will become even better in the future and does keep it's simracing-credentials .

Wkr ,
LC

Ok then,i give game a rating of 1.... I would have given 0 if i could have as it is the WORST racing game i have ever played.I WAS playing game using ps3 and g25 setup,but found myself getting frustrated with the steering almost immediately.I feel i know what i,m talking about as i,m the current WORLD NO1 in the ferrari f12007 on gt5p.So heres my problem,b4 i put f12010 in i had 2 perfectly working g25,s,I now have none as the game seems to have given me deadzones in my steering wheel and i cant figure out why.To be more specific after my bad experience on f1 i put in gt5p to try and see if i could race my world record laps,i ,m absolutely nowhere and the steering feels all funny,its not braking how i know it should,not steering how it should,not gearing down how it should and i feel gutted so both g25,s are going for repair as i know they have deadzones in them through f12010.I would personally like to take my person to codemasters grab whoever is responsible for this joke arcsim and thrash them heartily.So my rating goes as such.
DRIVING EXP= -1
FEELING= -1
SOUND= CRAP
SETUP= EVEN CRAPPER
IMMERSION IN GAME= TOO MANY BUGS TO BE BELIEVABLE.
OVERALL IT DOES,NT DESERVE A RATING REALLY.

Anyway through whats happened to me this game will go nowhere near my ps3 in this lifetime and will be traded forwith probably for a couple of packs of match attax for my son,as i,d say 50pence to a pound is about its worth...

AN ABSOLUTE STINKING PILE OF UTTER S H IT E AND I,M SORRY I BOUGHT IT,IF ONLY AS A STOP GAP TILL GT5.
Which i now cant play as my g25,s are buggered...CODEMASTERS SUCK BIG TIME.......

first of all..problems like that most of the time is on user's end..not the game you've played .
Second ..playing on playstations..well i'm pretty sure you haven't played the best game out there aswell..so i regard such comments as useless!
third..and everyone knows this one, from the day it came out the g25 had a small center-deadzone from natural settings (on pc it was resolved thanks to the brilliant realfeelplugin) , the g27 has the same thing about it and actually is normal.

That said, if you are having a bigger deadzone , you probably have the same problem as i had with my g25...eventually it broke down completely on me. The fact that using hard-full-lock on the g25 can set the wheel innerds out of it's position , giving alot of deadzone and can only be repared by opening it up .
So probably you have a hardware-problem caused by your own driving-style , not by any game .
You probably been using alot of full-lock .

oh and as last comment ..idiocy is not far away from lunacy..why getting off on a game like this? codemasters finally produced a enjoyable f1-game in years , as many would agree. Just because you have some troubles on hardware-side , doesn't mean this is a bad game...
And if you really had some respect for the online-community , you would be honest to us and yourself..you really don't like it? sell the game and go on with something else, it's not good for your health to be stressed out about this...

Wkr

yeah i am starting to this with all the things i read in the f1 forums on here is a joke

thinking we should change the name of the site how about

Play Group Department

seeing is there are so many kids on here or so it seems:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back