F1 2010 Your rating of F1 2010 - The Game (pre-patch)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my copy last Saturday I love it! some dislikes though.

Physics 8
I love the car handle not great but its decent for me.

Sound 7
On board it good External Sounds awful

AI 8
Best AI compared to _Factor and other games that has F1 MOD mods

Graphics 9
awesome car models and tracks and especially the dynamic weather.

I don't care if this is arcsim for a lot of ppl best F1 game i ever played at the moment period

I waited until I have had it a few days to post in this thread so I don't (or hopefully don't) post out of a knee-jerk reaction to stuff I don't like.

I did two full races with everything on, and with fuel off etc to try to really test the fuel bug on my end.

My opinion after I was done was there is no fuel bug. Fuel off I run 1-7 all the time in Lotus. Fuel on and I run 16 - 21, this is where a lotus should be. My AI cars pitted, sometimes too much (contrary to the "they never pit" cries on the CM forum). On Shanghai they all did 2 stops, Options to Primes, then back to Options. I do think there is a problem with punctures still, I have driven races without them, but only if I follow a line so clean that it is nothing like the AI's or the one taken in real life.

Handling.. with some tweaks it feels as good as FSONE or the like in my hands. A bit more stable but I have always felt that most modders underestimated a car that hundreds of millions were spent developing. Alot of the mods drove worse then my road car!

So all in all I think it is a good title, especially for only $40. It needs a patch for some balance issues but I am quite happy with it so far.

• Omen1972

I am slightly disappointed in the game. I was never looking at this being really simple to play so that someone of my ability could win races from the get-go, but I never expected it to be so difficult either, even on the lowest difficulty, that I would struggle badly to get to grips controlling the car and not having the pace to be near my team-mate (in the early races i was consistent in finishing in the final four grid spots usually out-qualified by my team mate).

Also there are so many bugs, errors, and glitches that simply should not be in a game that has taken so long to develop and get to this stage, and that really should have been found and sorted out in the beta testing stage of development.

That being said I did have maybe too high expectations considering this is the first F1 game I have played since the PS1, and the difficulty factor is not a problem although if you do take the time to learn it is a really great racing game, maybe not the best around but certainly one of the best ones and can be a lot of fun, in addition what was said in the pore-release publicity is very true, you really do feel like it is a achievement to get pole, or get a podium finish.

I have given it 5/10 only because only because of the cataloger of problems but without them this is a 7/10 or 8/10

5. So bugged, I can barely play it.
It's the first F1 game in like 7 years for the PC and they completely screwed it up. It seems it hasn't been beta tested at all. I've run into at least a dozen MAJOR problems in less than 3 or 4 days playing!
Maybe it'll go to be an 8 or a 9 after patching, but not now.

I gave it a generous 8/10 i have played a few races on legend setting and it is tough which i like no point playing a game without a challenge. The audio could use a little work doesnt sound much like F1 cars. The tracks are stunning and rain drops on the camera and tracks are very good the spray of water of the back of the opposing cars is great if a little frustrating but adds spice to it. Race physics do seem a little arcadey but if you do over step the mark especially in heavy rain you will be punished and when TCS is turned off it plays a bit more oversteer than usual. The media aspect is very good as it makes you feel like a real F1 driver i like the CM dropped that into the mix. Overall the game is very good looking with good racing and good fun and hopefully CMs will improve on the next title as they could make it into a very exciting franchise and who gives this game 1 or 2/10 thats just silly i know everyone has their own opinion but come on 1/10 are you sure your playing the same game

i gave it a 7
it looks pretty and plays really well on my machine with a res of 1680x1050 and game settings on high
however the bugs and the penalties let it down!! some of the penalties are just blatantly unfair:mad:

hello there
i would rate it with 7 too. To me it is quite challanging. its not easy at all. Its fun. It looks good. But there are some things thats been offered in f1 games before that i miss here. I whish i could watch the other cars driving while standing in the garage and waiting for the track to get more grip. some telemetry data would have been nice.

And there are too many bugs having influence on the gameplay in it. i can't control the pit limiter but i get penalty for beeing to far in the pitlane. i get rammed by a car from behind and i get a penalty. sometimes even other cars get ghostlike and overtake me in the pitlane. i can't change the engine before the session. ai is scripted and so on.

they should have released the game a few weeks later in order to sort these things out.

I am really enjoying the game, had it for a week now got it for the 360 all aids off, tyre and fuel useage and penalties swiched on. AI set on intermediate, 1st season was a challenge in the lotus learning new track layouts etc, I have not experienced any game breaking bugs so far, for me the single player is just a training ground for the online portion of the game so I dont get too worked up about this and that not being correct, single player is fun no doubt about it, the AI dont bottleneck, they are not scripted either so I think CM have done an ok job, they can spin and crash and generally dont ram you from behind, your engineer can be a pain but a nice feature all the same, penalty system can be a bit harsh at times when you have had an off and you get hit by the AI but then it was my fault for getting it wrong so I cant complain to much. Once you have found the limits with the car you get great camera affects when playing in cockpit view, shakes and a feeling of being on the edge especially in high speed corners, my biggest gripe is the lack of tyre sounds make it difficult to judge throttle position coming out of slow corners as everything is dominated by the sound of your engine, which sounds great through my X41's, no tyre noises when you lock them up either. Online with friends is where the game comes alive though and where the penalty system is at its worst at times, when you get side by side and sometimes lightly touch with no ill affects some one has a chance of getting a drive thru penalty but on the whole I find the game really enjoyable and I scored it 8/10.

• ledhead

i gave it a 9. for me the engine sound is poor, no pit talk through the race, leaving the pits with a flat tire, dieing when i drive out from the pits after fast forwarding the clock (that was a good one.... not, blood washes down the screen, try it.) and the penaltys need alot of work. but the good points are the over all experiance, the look and feel is the best it can be. the circuits from the old sony europe compared to this is unreal, some circuits you need to relearn almost. very addictive game for me, the lawns will be waiting a while i think..... ps: agrees, 1 what a joke.

This is a very good point Omer. Yes the handling model is not exactly the most advanced, not as bad as some are making out though, but the atmosphere that surrounds the game and the whole experience of feeling like an F1 driver really is something special.

I agree folks, The entire experience of the entire weekend as an F1 driver is very good! No other game gives you this experience.

I gave it a 7. I'd up that to an 8 if the bugs were fixed.

I'm sad to see very little in the way of statistical analysis though.
At the end of the race it'd be nice to be able to review a lap charts etc and, in the motor-home, see quali and race positions for the entire season too.
Basically, all the stuff that GP4 had.
Obviously, the lack of telemetry data is a shame too.

Also, the inability to replay other cars video is disapponting and, personally, I would have liked to be able to run "TV races" that I can sit and watch.

Lack of safety-car is disappointing too.

Having said that, I'd give the actual driving part of the game a 9 or a 10.
During development I was always skeptical of all the "live the life" stuff but I actually find all the interviews quite enjoyable. More of that would actually be fun too.

I think some may have given it a low score because they just spent a bunch of cash on a game with this many bugs.
Also maybe the poll should have asked what you are playing it on PC,PS3 or X-Box. (I think the console guys are having better luck....or have never seen rFactor,netkar or iRacing and so on)

I have it on PC (Steam) and have seen many of the bugs along with very long load times over a minute to get to a track and another half minute plus to get back to the paddock...but the thing that get me the most is when I set in my track car I can see out the mirrors, hell I can't even see the bloody mirrors in the cockpit-view of F1 2010. whats up with that ?
all I can say is that I'm very disappointed and frustrated with a game that, could have and should have been much better out of the box than this, (at this point anyway...it feels like I bought a console game for my pc)

BTW, I did not score it...I'll wait for the patch first, but as of right now I would only give it a 4 for the pc

Cheers...hope they get it fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back