F1 2011 Your Questions/Requests Answered

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey all,

We're expecting a review copy of the game soon and would like to know what you'd want to see/answered. Let us know and maybe we can make it happen in the run-up to the review. Videos, questions etc.

Looking forward to your requests! :cool:

--
Setup: G27, PS3, PC

After finishing the Australian GP Career race, I crossed the line and looked through the standings etc.
It tells me that Alonso and Heidfeld both obtained a DNF from the race. I wanted to check the race director after seeing this but cant find a way to look at it once a race is finished. I'm guessing there is no way to see this information after the flag has dropped and that seems a bit unfair.

Also, I've been denied DRS use when following a car that just lapped me through the detection zone within 1 sec.

How does one get the red flag to come out? I've seen quite a few safety cars after some spectacular crashes (one knocked 6 players out of an online race, no rammers, just damn Belgium...) but never the reds. How do you get one, and does the game basically do an "two hours later" thing?

Is safety car on in career mode? I started 4 races on 20% on all easy settings except cosmetic settings on car damage, yet still no safety car? Do I have to switch anything on? Plus I dont have DRS in races

I'm playing this game on PS3 and only use cockpit view(as you should), are there indicators on the steering wheel for KERS and DRS? What info does it provide. I don't like to have all that info showing on the screen as I drive. Thanks in advance.

The KERS and DRS indicators are on the steering wheel as well. For KERS it's the little box next to your gear indicator, when you press the KERS button you will see this counting down to zero. Then at the start of the next lap it will be back up to maximum ready to be used again. DRS depends on the car, but when you select it you will see a little led blink on your wheel to indicate that DRS is activated, then it will go off when you hit the brakes. Where this led is located is different for each car so you have to look at the wheel once you have selected the DRS button. Best way is go to a practice session sit in the car on track and press the button to see where it is.

I've just installed F1 2011 on my PC. In single player mode game works well - about 30 fps. When i tried to race in multiplayer online quick race mode - game was horribly stuttering. Is it normal behaviour that multiplayer online mode needs more graphic power? Should I reduce graphics settings befor playing multiplayer? Ohhh - one more question - can I create second online account for one license (one key)? If not - how to use one game license for two players (me and my son ;) ) ?

You can't change fuel mixture in Time Trial (it's already on Rich) or in races where Fuel sim is off. If you do happen to use it, make sure to keep an eye on remaining fuel, and always remember that Rich burns more fuel then Lean saves over the same period of time. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back