F1 2011 Your Questions/Requests Answered

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey all,

We're expecting a review copy of the game soon and would like to know what you'd want to see/answered. Let us know and maybe we can make it happen in the run-up to the review. Videos, questions etc.

Looking forward to your requests! :cool:

--
Setup: G27, PS3, PC

Please make a mod with increased downshifting sound effect because it's too low compared to the engine sound!

in f1 2011 the (very important to me) downshifting spound is much better!!!

My game wont save me steering wheel (Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience) every time i turn the game on i have to setup my wheel again every button and sensitivity everything even if i leave it connected to PC. Does anyone know how to fix this?

My game wont save me steering wheel (Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience) every time i turn the game on i have to setup my wheel again every button and sensitivity everything even if i leave it connected to PC. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Check the Bugs thread - you have to start the game with a controller button (a button on your wheel) - NOT the keyboard.

I haven't driven 2010 enough to realize there was a problem with brake feedback last year. The whole driving experience was lousy so if the brakes were bad, it would have been par for the course.

This year the driving experience is much better. Feedback is sharp and precise, steering is a 7 out of `10 since it still doesn't give me that level of control I am accustomed to in games like iRacing or rFactor, but compared to 2010 it's frigging exceptional.

I ahve been struggling to find a good balance with the brakes but mostly because I use a load cell brake and at first it either locked or I had to push it with a jackhammer to make it work. I think it's fine now and while not exceptional it is OK. Barely.
But I guess it's better than last year? What was the problem exactly?

Btw...I am no expert by any means...I have been playing F1 games since F1 2000 from EA... but always on easier difficulties. Currently playing F1 2011 using only the following aids: gears auto, racing line full, TC full AI difficulty: intermediate. I won first two races of my first season so far. Pretty decent margin too. Although..my lap times aren't as great as some of you guys here. It feels as if you have all the grip in the world... I have to break very early on and slow the car a lot to make a turn in the right radius based on the provided racing line AID.

I notice some if the videos here at professional and they just look sooo slick. Perfect execution and control...its almost as if manual gaears makes all the difference. Is it? Any suggestions on how to improve my times? For instance...currently I am doing China. It was fully wet and the best time I achieved was a 1.46

2 things that really bother: Not correct DRS zone@Montreal and Valencia and Monza(1 instead off 2 sectors(Monza is not that big problem due to the fact it was just 1.5weeks ago but come on for Montreal and Valencia) and the fact that AI drivers who drives against a 100m or 150m or what ever marker next to the track will lose their front wing at least more often they lose the complete front-end off the car. Come on that is not realistic. Certainly not when you crash into a wall with 200km+ you have only a partially broken wing at most.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back