F1 2011 Your questions for Codemasters' Stephen Hood (T4RG4)!

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
As you might know we are compiling questions for our exclusive interview with Codemasters' Chief Game Designer Steve Hood (a.k.a.T4RG4). We will talk with him about F1 2010 and F1 2011.

Of course we would like to include some community questions as well. This thread is dedicated to your questions. Please follow some simple rules

• Stay on topic, questions only = no discussions (feel free to open as much threads as you like for discussions but not in this one :))
  • Be nice
  • Be creative, try to come up with questions that haven't been asked hundreds of times already.
  • Read the thread first to avoid duplicates
Time to let us hear your voice. Take it away.

ps1: We might have a nice prize for the most original question that gets included in the interview! :cool:
ps2: You can also send us your questions via Twitter (@racedepartment)

When collisions are set to full/realistic have it that if you touch wheels with a competitor your car jumps/flips/gets out of shape ie.. not like saloon cars rubbing but more like singleseaters having thier suspension ripped to pieces ect..

Im sure the game will be ace (just like f1 2010)

Will there be an ingame fully functional replay feature?

By this I mean
- being able to follow every car on the circuit
- replays not only for singleplayer but also online GPs
- full race replays
- better camera positioning (tv style)

I'd also like to ask Stephen Hood why he and his team have abandoned F1 2010 as it is clearly bug ridden for the PC at the moment even worse after the the only patch. Will there be another patch for it or have they really washed their hands of the game?

+1 This would be my question as well. It seem a bit premature to move on to another season, when the time could be spent fixing and optimizing the base for what's here now. Why not build upon what we have and get it as great as it can be. Codies can then add a paid update every year till the Formula1 licensing runs out. This thing could go on for years and have a real following.

Is it possible for you to make the AI more life like? As most have probobally noticed, The AI make some mistakes in the rain on legend difficulty but then again so do the players so this is cancelled out, But if you could make them more life like in the way that they make more mistakes and that skill level detemined this i.e. Vettel makes less mistakes thatn say Glock? Either way of course Extra and longer lasting damage and debris would be nice, Gets annoying when someone crashes into a wall ( MAYBE by me ) and then next lap every last bit of debris is gone.

Great job with F1 2010 though thank

Hello, I would ask about the telemetry, if it`s going to be in and will I see the all lap-times I have done in a race? Also Would be nice a CO-OP career mod, and if we can get some news about the real F1 standings.

Hi Stephen I have got the F1 2010 game on the PS3, I have noticed that when it's raining heavily there is bright sky in the distance and over parts of the race circuit Also there don't seem to be many crowds of spectors on the race weekends.

Before F1 2011 is released will Codemasters be checking for any bugs or probelms with the game before it's released in the shops?
I was dissapointed that there was no commentary from Martin Brundle or Jonathan Legard in F1 2010 durning qualifying and the race it was quite boring because you didn't know what was happening to the other drivers in the race. Will there be commentary in F1 2011?
Will the safety car be in F1 2011?
Will the weather system be realistic to the proper F1 2011 season?
If you get hit by another car will they get the penalty insted of you like what is in F1 2010?

Hi, i was just wondering if....

There would be Split Screen in F1 2011?

As i would like to play some one in my family but cant.
Also if there will be split screen will there be a full grid?

A really cool idea i have also thought of is a 2 player split screen career.
Could you make this happen?

Hey Stephen, i have some question's

1.Would you be able to ensure that there are more retirement? Engine Failure's like? Or Spin's?
2. maby there is a possibility of introducing the safety car? you example after a serious crash brings out the safety car and you get to a certain speed (same as the Pit limiter) Behind the Safety Car collides Without someone of Job Is Driving (Not Available online course)
3. you would like the PC can also replay so you can save precious moments you look back?
4.gaat a demo or a beta coming? it makes me not really care but I think that this demo / beta will be played often.
5. Please do something about that fake Dynamic weather. Not actually in the race since it works fine but in the Qualification you're in Q1 than raining very hard but when you come in Q2 there is not a small file to the air.

Greetings Remco

1. Will the safety car?
2. Will the 24 pilot in multiplayer?
3. Will there be replays of multiplayer?
4. Will switching between cameras cars in replays?
5. Will the REAL sound of the engine and gear?
6. Will Telemetry?
7. Will driving in the pit lane manual and not automatic?
8. Will the camera inside the helmet?
9. Will turn your head with a first-person?
10. Will realistic damage model?
11. Will there be more options car (springs, etc.)?
12. Will the tv LG HUD (speedometer, map routes, overloading (G - Force)?
13. Will chat in multiplayer?
14. Will there be optimized game?
15. Disappear if the machine the ghost?
16. Will there be dedicated servers?
17. Will the people on the grid (girls, engineers, etc.)?

Sorry for my English.

1. Будет ли Машина безопасности?
2. Будет ли 24 пилота в мультиплеере?
3. Будут ли replays в мультиплеере?
4. Будет ли переключение камер между cars in replays?
5. Будет ли НАСТОЯЩИЙ ЗВУК МОТОРОВ и Переключения передач?
6. Будет ли Телеметрия?
7. Будет ли вождение по пит лейну ручным а не автоматическим?
8. Будет ли камера изнутри шлема?
9. Будет ли поворачиваться голова с видом от первого лица?
10. Будет ли реалистичная модель повреждений?
11. Будет ли больше настроек машины(Пружины и тому подобное)?
12. Будет ли tv LG HUD (Спидометр, Карта трассы, перегрузки(G - Force)?
13. Будет ли чат в мультиплеере?
14. Будет ли оптимизирована игра?
15. Исчезнут ли машины-призраки?
16. Будут ли выделенные сервера?
17. Будет ли люди на стартовой решетке (девушки, инженеры, и тому подобное)?

_____

Thanks ... very thanks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back