Your Most Frightening Moment.

Care to share what was your most frighting moment which made you really pucker up or made you think "This Is It For Me"? well i have two. One time at Lynn Valley i tried to ride across a small suspension bridge on my mountain bike that was designed to only walk across on. My handlebar clipped the railing and i bailed. Luckily on to the deck. If i had flipped the other way, it would of been a good 110ft drop to a rushing river.Never did that again. Another was when I was going across Canada working for United Van Lines(big rig,lorry). we (the driver and I) were going downhill on Highway 17 in Ontario on one snowy night. So we are going down this hill which had a 30% grade, all i hear is the driver say OH ?#@!, and he starts to speed up! I look in my mirror i see no trailer, look in his mirror the trailer had started to jackknife into the oncoming lane.I was thinking to myself "if the back wheels go past road and on to shoulder,it's gonna grab and tip the truck" Thankfully the good driver he was recovered and we continued on our way to Toronto. If truck had tipped, it would of been a bad load to lose. We had a Jeep Grand Cherokee and a VW jetta on first deck and with decking bars we made a second level to load all their furnature.Thankfully there were no oncoming traffic at the time because it was around 3am when it all happened.

If you really want to know, it's my phobia of Wallmasters and Floormasters from Zelda OoT/MM.

I used to get scared everytime that zombified hand grabbed me from the ceiling.

But I have been through things that seem more frightening like almost getting hit by a car.

I met 2 wild boars in the fields once! I was scared, but luckily they were more, so when I tried to sneak away they noticed me and ran into the forest. My mood changed at once, had a laugh:) But certainly if they were more agressive they could attack me, you can never know.
And I almost got hit by a car twice, once I was just very sleepy and forgot to look at the second light in a junction (the first was green, the second was red:S), another time I was listening to music while walking. (well that was the last time I did that)

I was in hurry and running to home. While the green was on i jumped to road, but a stupid driver did not want to obey to the red light and hit me. At least he broke heavily before hitting. I rolled on the ground for several meters and then got up, waved to the driver 'I'm ok' and continued to run. He got out of his car and shouted me if i was ok or not, then i showed him a thumbs up while running.

Then i saw the purples in my leg, and i had a terrible legache for a week.

Another one is about a robbery:

I was going to school, and i was around 10-11 ages. A dark looking thug men hold my arm and said 'hi'. Then my heart began to dance. I could'nt run because he was holding my arm too heavy and he was strong and i was a noob child (Still a noob, but no more child :) ). Then he began to ask me some common questions such as where i live, where is my school, what's is my name etc.. I replied most of them lyingly.

Then he told me he needs money and he put his hand into my pocket. Took my mobile phone, gave me the simcard and leave while saying 'Really sorry, i'm really in need of money, no hard feelings eh?!'... And i smiled and replied 'No no no..' lol, i was so scared.

Well i've had quite a few to be honest, the first one one was when i was 17 and riding my Vespa on a road high up in the hills, it was raining and the road was slippy, that was scary enough but when lightning started hitting the power lines at the side of the road it got even scarier, to the point i had to stop at the pub for an hour or so and have a pint. lol

Second scary moment was sitting in a pub in Edinburgh with my mate and having 2 guys join us at the table and telling us they had a machete and if we moved from the table they'd kill us, i asked if i could go to the bar for a pint and they let me, i told the barmaid what was happening and she phoned the police, by the time the police arrived they were dragging my mate out the door. Luckily they got caught and locked up.

Third scary moment was when my ex wife attacked me with a hammer and then stabbed me with a skewer, as you can tell i survived that one as well. :)

Once I was in a park, and a man came to me, wanted to sell me a swiss pocket knife, I told him I don't have that much money, then, with the knife still open in his hand he asked me to give the money I have to him so that he can eat something. I gave him the money as nobody was around... then went to my grandparents, told them what happened and they gave me enough to get home with bus...

I was crossing a boulevard on my bicycle and for some reason I got an optical illusion... Almost got crushed by a yellow St-Hubert delivery car going like 40mph XD

My front tyre was an inch away from getting destroyed...

And it's also scary to drive your 1990 Honda Elite 50 on a lonely twisty road when it's pitch black dark and that you wonder if you're gonna hit a duck family crossing the road ! :p

I guess another Frightening moment for me will be the day Omer pulls me over to "The Dark Side" love the avatar dude!

Hiroshi Awazu said:
I guess another Frightening moment for me will be the day Omer pulls me over to "The Dark Side" love the avatar dude!

I have come over to the "Dark Side"

I have come over to the "Dark Side"

darth-awazu.jpg

:D

Must be when I drove the go-cart on the roads around the house, doing top speed and everything was fine. Then coming around a corner up hill for me, there came a big, I mean like really big tractor that was atleast 2,7 metres wide on a 2,5 metres wide road, and with a big trailer on it. So my first thought was like, OMG, what next? But luckily the roads runs a bit wider there so I just managed to squeeze past.

Another one, maybe the most freighting:

It was 31/12/2010 and we just came home from cottage. The road was ice with water on top. So me and my dad went for borrowing a tractor with chains. (LOL) Then my dad told me to drive it and he would get the gravel on the road. But in the smallest and steepest part of the road there were no grip. Even with chains on all 4 tires. And the first thought was OMG. (Again) The road edge is a bit narrow to the road it self and probably 2 meters high. So when the tractor went sliding downwards with me inside... Uhhh... Never been that scared.
Happily it did end good, because my dad smartness :)tongue:) he just simply drove away.

LOL

I have blacked out more than once due to the signal in my Vaso-Vagal nerve being blocked. That is essentially the nerve that tells my heart when to beat - I have to avoid hunching forward, because if I do for too long, the signal is blocked, my heart stops beating for a few seconds, my blood pressure drops and I'm out for a few minutes. After that, I have to avoid any kind of physical activity for a day. It was pretty scary the first time, because I had no idea what was happening to me...

I was at some kind of Outdoor Ed camp in middle school, playing a hide-and-seek like game, and watching more for the "seeker" than where I was going... I tripped over a little ditch, looked back, and it was a ground bee hive... I believe I ran around screaming "BEES! BEES!" or similar for 2-3 minutes... I ended up only getting stung once, amazingly (other people got more!)... the worst part is that after that, one of the camp counselors told me they had seen the bees there earlier... >_<

Today at 4:20 am I met a large white dog (kuvasz) on the streets of my village while heading to the railway station. Thank God someone who knew the dog just came... (huge luck considering the time) The dog came out of nowhere (darkness+fog) barking and charging, then stopped right ahead me. I told it to "go home", at least it made it uncertain, then I turned back and started walking in the other direction, it followed me, I saw the shade of the man coming then, man how I felt I can't describe it. I'll never travel this early again. I have no problems with meeting dogs on the streets if they're in "funny mode", but this one was certainly not... I feel lucky, really lucky.

First time I thought it was when I slipped at swimming pool, gasped gallons of water and passed out, when I waked up at hospital I though that I had died, but it was not so.

What should be scariest thing would be probably when I was passenger in a car when car got into accident, car rolled over quite many times and I flew out from the car, so I have been told, all I remember was that when I waked up there was lot of people around me and I was full of hoses, I was kid at the time, at some point I was kind of died too, but they managed to kick start me.

It took quite time to recover from that one, just when I had got again into car accident, my father was driving and car came head on, can't really remember from it either, waking up from hospital was not much scary thing anymore at this time, this was however 3rd time they had to bring me back with kickstart.

I used to be afraid of dark when kid, I got really scared in dark as my imagination was bit too wild and making up things, however when I was kid something did happen which changed that, in fact I really don't get afraid anymore, things just are what they are, there is not much to be afraid really, death is not scary thing, statistically I should really be alive, so cure was efficient, can't however recommend that to anyone, there are some pains involved and some I carry still today even there is lot over 30 years from those things.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back