1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Your favourite AI?

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Msportdan, May 18, 2015.

1. Stock Car Extreme

20 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Assetto Corsa

6 vote(s)
    7.5%
  3. Project Cars

8 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Race Room Experience

11 vote(s)
    13.8%
  5. Rfactor 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Rfactor 2

20 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. Race 07 (+DLCs)

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  8. F1 CMs Series

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  9. Grid CMs Series

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  10. Shift Series

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. SimraceWay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Geoff Crammonds GP series

10 vote(s)
    12.5%
  13. Other (please post)

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  14. GP Legends

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

What title offers you the best AI experience, in your Race sims. This can be in terms of Challenge, Fun, Fairness, Race craft, etc etc.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  2. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

wow popular!

3. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Without a shadow of doubt and in a different class. Geoff Crammonds master piece's win this poll. Especially GP4.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

i was tempted to put GP, but i wonder if its just good memories of it, and if you actually played it it wouldnt be as you remember. I havent played since the 90s so. I cant comment.

5. monsieurjackb

monsieurjackb
    Premium Member

Ah I'm glad there's a thread for this, I was thinking a similar thing last night. I don't mind project cars' AI, they are too agressive without a doubt but at least it's calculated agression where if you defend the inside line they can't get past but if you don't they'll have a go..they'll race you..I hold my breath everytime I make a pass because they don't know when to give up but I kind of like that. You have to sort of plan each pass and learn where to and how to pass them. No where near perfect but it's a step in the right direction for sure. GSC's AI is probably the best (of those I've played) but being hit from behind happens to often but then again, it does on p cars too..maybe it's because I'm too slow for the AI :laugh:

6. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium Member

Toss up between rFactor2 and SCE for me (went with SCE in the end)

Wonder if anyone will vote for AC. I think their AI is the worst of the lot

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. GT Legends provided my best experience of AI racing, especially considering the wide variety of cars racing together, which surely must be harder to achieve than when all cars have essentially the same performance.

8. SCE, absolutely. R3E and GT Legends\GTR2\Race07 are pretty good too.

EDIT: oh, and this one too...

[​IMG]

9. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

Grid 1 ai wasn't too shabby.

• Haha Haha x 1
  10. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

added gp legends to poll./.

don't forget you can change your vote on here

11. Not even a competition. RFactor 2's AI beats everything easily. Obviously some mods or car/track combos have issues, but genereally speaking, the RF2 AI is the best. It's really moved on from the pre-RF2 ISI engined AI. Lots of core changes on the AI front from ISI over the many, many builds of RF2. The way they block, fight each other, attempt passes, keep on the inside, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stock Car Extreme.

13. Krzysztof Volek

Krzysztof Volek
    Premium Member

Race Room Experience. They are competitive and provide some very nice racing once you set them up properly to match your skill. Especially in DTM 1992 and WTCC cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jason Palmer

Jason Palmer
    Premium Member

I voted for RF2 but I think GSCE is a very close second.

After watching the Sector3 dev stream and hearing news about new AI coding due in the big patch, 10GB, next week I may change my mind.

Jason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I went with Race Room Experience.

I love how the AI in PCARS will track extend, make plenty of mistakes, and will go for gaps, but they are overly aggressive.

I like how you can race with the Stock Car Extreme AI, but coming out of every traction zone they seem to accelerate way too aggressively to the point they all end up controlling it with opposite lock (at least in the F1 cars). It's not realistic to see that out of every traction zone as they'd absolutely ruin their tires. Still great to race with.

In Codies F1 games, the AI are ridiculously conservative. They will rarely go for any sort of gap and will often train up behind. I would have them towards the bottom of the pile.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Voted RRE but seriously considered RF2 & GSCE...
    Dont we live in great times for sim racers?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Slalom823

Slalom823
    RDTCC S10 Champion Premium Member

No kidding, and think of how good the physics are for consumer grade sims.

18. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Its brilliant.. i still very clearly remember papyrus indycar racing 2 and geoff crammond's grand prix (which were excellent in their day).. who could believe where we are now, what with consumer peripherals like wheels and rigs readily available for decent money, one can really get setup with software & kit better than Grand Prix teams had 15 - 20 years ago...

Im soooo glad to be involved in this wonderful experience. Motor-racing is AWESOME

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

20. My only reply is "who cares?". My primary sim is rFactor 2 and I like the AI when it doesn't suck. But I wish there was a filter for all this competitive crap among sims. Why stoke this constantly? What's the point?