Your favorite 2012 Formula 1 driver(s)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
The 2012 season is about to start. Time for a little poll to vote for your favorite driver(s) in 2012. Motivate your choice in this thread below.

Note: you are allowed to vote for more than one driver.

A poll for the 2012 teams can be found here

I voted for:
  • Jenson Button: love his technique
  • Fernando Alonso: love that the whole world seems to be against him and he doesn't care :)
  • Michael Schumacher: love to see him on the podium once more in what it looks to be his final year in F1
  • Nico Hulkenberg: love his potential; could be a future world champion with the right team and car. Mega raw talent!
  • Heikki Kovalainen: see Nico Hulkenberg

i picked:

• Sebastien Vettel: has huge confidence and is the best overall package(as a driver) at the moment(IMO),even though the car is masking half of it
  • Fernando Alonso: incredible driver ,but wished you smiled more often and not take yourself so seriously:D
  • Michael Schumacher: i put you 3rd because of your age,but i believe in the proper car u will put a hault to alot of non-sense:)

Webber - Liked him since his Minardi days
Button - Classact all round, on and off the track
Rosberg - Nice guy and so under-rated, could give Vettel a challenge if he was in Red Bull easily
Perez - Liked his style of racing since I saw him in British F3
Ricciardo - Just because he will be the only one to challenge Vettel in the next 5 years IMO
Kovalainen - Nice guy and want to see Lotus start to get points

Alonso because of the fighter he is. The best or most complete driver on the grid bar none.
Hamilton because he´s the fastest F1 driver since Senna. Very creative driver.
Raikkonen because of his mental attitude.
Button because of his awareness.

Jenson Button: Brilliant driver and nice guy

Lewis Hamilton: Is incredibly quick, and can overtake where no one else can

Nico Rosberg: put schumachar in his place the last two years

Paul Di Resta: beat Vettel in Formula 3, DTM champion, potential world champion

Bruno Senna: Real quick guy. Has a cool name too:)

Voted for (in order of preference):

Maldonado - The driver that I will now be 'following' since Barrichello retired. He had a poor first season but I believe he is much better than he gets credit for and he'll hopefully prove a lot of his doubters wrong this year (and hopefully Williams have a top-10-challenging car).

Hulkenberg - I think he's the real deal. Very excited by him and hopefully he will outshine Di Resta.

Senna - He seems modest and down-to-earth, drives for Williams and has that name! :)

Hamilton: just raw speed and talent

DiResta: very talented up and coming driver.

Ricciardo: this kid has got a lot of potential and he's a cool guy.

Senna: it's in the name. I really want to see him succeed.

Alonso: probably the more complete driver.

Button: always a joy see him drive and read the track and race situations.

Hamilton: he's a pure racer, and I like his new cynical actitude more than the hypocritical one he had in the recent years, seems more mature now.

Pedro De La Rosa: the Spanish Heifield, solid driver and a great tester like McLaren recognized for years.

Pastor Maldonado: because a lot of people hate him for no reason, and he performed well last year.

Vitaly Petrov: he showed me he has the nerves in 2010 and despite he's known as paid driver he deserves a place in F1

Voted for Schumacher. Last year, I was trying to root for Button, but it just didn't work out. I always ended up going back to Schumacher again :p I've been a fan since I was a little boy and that's not going to change any time soon ;)

Also put one in for Alonso. Not really my favorite driver or anything, but he is just SO DAMN GOOD :eek:

Voted for Schumacher. Last year, I was trying to root for Button, but it just didn't work out. I always ended up going back to Schumacher again :p I've been a fan since I was a little boy and that's not going to change any time soon ;)

Haha. Sounds like me. Was relatively bored with F1 2007-2009. Then the king returned :)

I noticed too late that multiple votes are allowed, so I just picked the first on my list:

Alonso: I like his driving style and his consistency and more important: I'm forever thankful to him, that he ended this horrendous boring years of Schumacher domination back than, when Alonso managed to beat him 2 years in a row in the Renault :)

Webber: I like his personality and his fairness on the track and the way he handles the situation of everyone ignoring him because of Vettel

Vettel: Great driver and a good guy; not as good overall as Alonso though yet. And even in dominating a season, he stays humble and sincere, unlike another German ex-champion :rolleyes:

p.s. I miss Sutil in the field; dissappointed to see him go

I think the problem with Vettel for many is that he's too awesome. He rarely makes mistakes, and he's just such a likeable guy that many may think he's too nice. But I like him. He races fair, fast and he can pull a rabbit out of a hat when required.

Wait until the car is not winning material anymore.

If you want a glimpse of how he really is then watch as he goes off in Korea or even when not taking pole.
throwing stuff around etc.

He´s happy as hell because he´s a 2-time world champion and has the best car.
He was happy as hell when he entered F1 because it´s new territory.

Wait until he don´t win races and RBR era is on a downspiral, then you´ll see the real Vettel come out.
Just like you´ve seen Hamilton after a very tough season etc.

*Michael Schumacher : Michael is Michael, I can not forget the best years :)
*Lewis Hamilton : he's a pure racer,he makes magic thing with his car.
*Fernando Alonso : The most complete driver. I love his character and determination.
*Sebastian Vettel : all simply, he is very good driver, and nice guy,be very determined .
**Nico Rosberg, I would like see him in a competitive car.

Vettel: He's the second best driver in the field, Alonso takes first for me. But Vettel has impressed throughout his whole career in F1; setting the fastest time in practice, being the youngest to score a point, then having consistant high finishes in the Toro Rosso and delivering the first win to STR and RBR. He also has beaten Webber as a teammate for all 3 years he's been with RBR. He's got talent. He also deserved both championships. Haters gonna hate.

Alonso: He's fast, consistant, and a great wheel to wheel racer. I love watching him race. Even in a crap Ferrari he still managed to get it on the podium. My favourite just because he's more complete than Vettel. I expect Alonso vs Vettel for the WDC to go down to the wire this year, and Alonso will win.

Petrov: People are writing him off too early I think. He did so much better in 2011 than in 2010. I also think he's better than Trulli at this point because Trulli passed his peak.

Hamilton: An exciting driver that will take any opportunity to overtake.

Senna: Because like Petrov, he still has potential.

Perez: This guy is exciting.

Schumacher: My #1 favourite.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 94 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 46 6.2%