1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Your favorite 2012 Formula 1 driver(s)

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Bram, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Sebastian Vettel

13.1%
  2. Mark Webber

21.3%
  3. Jenson Button

37.7%
  4. Lewis Hamilton

27.9%
  5. Fernando Alonso

21.3%
  6. Felipe Massa

14.8%
  7. Michael Schumacher

27.9%
  8. Nico Rosberg

21.3%
  9. Kimi Räikkönen

34.4%
  10. Romain Grosjean

6.6%
  11. Paul di Resta

16.4%
  12. Nico Hulkenberg

11.5%
  13. Kamui Kobayashi

13.1%
  14. Sergio Perez

8.2%
  15. Daniel Ricciardo

13.1%
  16. Jean-Eric Vergne

1.6%
  17. Pastor Maldonado

4.9%
  18. Bruno Senna

24.6%
  19. Heikki Kovalainen

13.1%
  20. Vitaly Petrov

9.8%
  21. Pedro de la Rosa

4.9%
  22. Narain Karthikeyan

1.6%
  23. Timo Glock

4.9%
  24. Charles Pic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

The 2012 season is about to start. Time for a little poll to vote for your favorite driver(s) in 2012. Motivate your choice in this thread below.

Note: you are allowed to vote for more than one driver.

A poll for the 2012 teams can be found here

2. Bram

Bram

I voted for:
    • Jenson Button: love his technique
    • Fernando Alonso: love that the whole world seems to be against him and he doesn't care :)
    • Michael Schumacher: love to see him on the podium once more in what it looks to be his final year in F1
    • Nico Hulkenberg: love his potential; could be a future world champion with the right team and car. Mega raw talent!
    • Heikki Kovalainen: see Nico Hulkenberg

• Like Like x 1
  3. i picked:

• Sebastien Vettel: has huge confidence and is the best overall package(as a driver) at the moment(IMO),even though the car is masking half of it
    • Fernando Alonso: incredible driver ,but wished you smiled more often and not take yourself so seriously:D
    • Michael Schumacher: i put you 3rd because of your age,but i believe in the proper car u will put a hault to alot of non-sense:)

4. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Webber - Liked him since his Minardi days
    Button - Classact all round, on and off the track
    Rosberg - Nice guy and so under-rated, could give Vettel a challenge if he was in Red Bull easily
    Perez - Liked his style of racing since I saw him in British F3
    Ricciardo - Just because he will be the only one to challenge Vettel in the next 5 years IMO
    Kovalainen - Nice guy and want to see Lotus start to get points

5. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Bruno Senna: I like the guy!
    De La Rosa: Don't know why, maybe because I liked the Arrows in 99-02.
    Missed on Karthikeyan: Surprised me last year!

6. Alonso because of the fighter he is. The best or most complete driver on the grid bar none.
    Hamilton because he´s the fastest F1 driver since Senna. Very creative driver.
    Raikkonen because of his mental attitude.
    Button because of his awareness.

7. Jenson Button: Brilliant driver and nice guy

Lewis Hamilton: Is incredibly quick, and can overtake where no one else can

Nico Rosberg: put schumachar in his place the last two years

Paul Di Resta: beat Vettel in Formula 3, DTM champion, potential world champion

Bruno Senna: Real quick guy. Has a cool name too:)

8. Voted for (in order of preference):

Maldonado - The driver that I will now be 'following' since Barrichello retired. He had a poor first season but I believe he is much better than he gets credit for and he'll hopefully prove a lot of his doubters wrong this year (and hopefully Williams have a top-10-challenging car).

Hulkenberg - I think he's the real deal. Very excited by him and hopefully he will outshine Di Resta.

Senna - He seems modest and down-to-earth, drives for Williams and has that name! :)

9. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

Hamilton: just raw speed and talent

DiResta: very talented up and coming driver.

Ricciardo: this kid has got a lot of potential and he's a cool guy.

Senna: it's in the name. I really want to see him succeed.

10. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Alonso: probably the more complete driver.

Button: always a joy see him drive and read the track and race situations.

Hamilton: he's a pure racer, and I like his new cynical actitude more than the hypocritical one he had in the recent years, seems more mature now.

Pedro De La Rosa: the Spanish Heifield, solid driver and a great tester like McLaren recognized for years.

Pastor Maldonado: because a lot of people hate him for no reason, and he performed well last year.

Vitaly Petrov: he showed me he has the nerves in 2010 and despite he's known as paid driver he deserves a place in F1

11. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Schumacher: I really want to see him on podium again.

Kobayashi: For he is the leader of Sauber :)

12. Voted for Schumacher. Last year, I was trying to root for Button, but it just didn't work out. I always ended up going back to Schumacher again :p I've been a fan since I was a little boy and that's not going to change any time soon ;)

Also put one in for Alonso. Not really my favorite driver or anything, but he is just SO DAMN GOOD :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

I agree about Alonso.
    He'll never be a favourite of mine but he is probably the most well-rounded and complete driver on the grid.

14. Haha. Sounds like me. Was relatively bored with F1 2007-2009. Then the king returned :)

15. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

I noticed too late that multiple votes are allowed, so I just picked the first on my list:

Alonso: I like his driving style and his consistency and more important: I'm forever thankful to him, that he ended this horrendous boring years of Schumacher domination back than, when Alonso managed to beat him 2 years in a row in the Renault :)

Webber: I like his personality and his fairness on the track and the way he handles the situation of everyone ignoring him because of Vettel

Vettel: Great driver and a good guy; not as good overall as Alonso though yet. And even in dominating a season, he stays humble and sincere, unlike another German ex-champion :rolleyes:

p.s. I miss Sutil in the field; dissappointed to see him go

16. I think the problem with Vettel for many is that he's too awesome. He rarely makes mistakes, and he's just such a likeable guy that many may think he's too nice. But I like him. He races fair, fast and he can pull a rabbit out of a hat when required.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wait until the car is not winning material anymore.

If you want a glimpse of how he really is then watch as he goes off in Korea or even when not taking pole.
    throwing stuff around etc.

He´s happy as hell because he´s a 2-time world champion and has the best car.
    He was happy as hell when he entered F1 because it´s new territory.

Wait until he don´t win races and RBR era is on a downspiral, then you´ll see the real Vettel come out.
    Just like you´ve seen Hamilton after a very tough season etc.

18. *Michael Schumacher : Michael is Michael, I can not forget the best years :)
    *Lewis Hamilton : he's a pure racer,he makes magic thing with his car.
    *Fernando Alonso : The most complete driver. I love his character and determination.
    *Sebastian Vettel : all simply, he is very good driver, and nice guy,be very determined .
    **Nico Rosberg, I would like see him in a competitive car.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bram

Bram

Le Baron Rouge :)

20. Vettel: He's the second best driver in the field, Alonso takes first for me. But Vettel has impressed throughout his whole career in F1; setting the fastest time in practice, being the youngest to score a point, then having consistant high finishes in the Toro Rosso and delivering the first win to STR and RBR. He also has beaten Webber as a teammate for all 3 years he's been with RBR. He's got talent. He also deserved both championships. Haters gonna hate.

Alonso: He's fast, consistant, and a great wheel to wheel racer. I love watching him race. Even in a crap Ferrari he still managed to get it on the podium. My favourite just because he's more complete than Vettel. I expect Alonso vs Vettel for the WDC to go down to the wire this year, and Alonso will win.

Petrov: People are writing him off too early I think. He did so much better in 2011 than in 2010. I also think he's better than Trulli at this point because Trulli passed his peak.

Hamilton: An exciting driver that will take any opportunity to overtake.

Senna: Because like Petrov, he still has potential.

Perez: This guy is exciting.

Schumacher: My #1 favourite.