• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Your doing a good job, but look after the tyres'

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Richie Hill, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Richie Hill

Richie Hill

Ratings:
    +176
    Does anyone have any tips on tyre conservation?

I'm guessing gentle acceleration out of corners and being smooth still make a big difference, but what about locking up and collecting marbles? Do these factors make a big difference in this years game?

Also, fuel mix made a huge difference last year, what about this year?

Thanks

2. BBFred

BBFred

Ratings:
    +61
    Collecting marbles certainly reduces your grip level... I tested that 1st hand! :roflmao: Dunno if it affects wear rate tho. I'd hazard it doesn't.
    Too much lock-up seems to heat up the tyres if you look at them on the HUD. I can't say for sure, but there is a good chance it does affect tyre wear.

3. Jamie Francklin

Jamie Francklin

Ratings:
    +20
    Understeer from taking too much speed into corners generates significantly high temperatures. This certainly affects grip levels but I still don't know about overall wear. Like you said, smooth driving helps a lot. Slow in fast out, slow in fast out, slow in fast out.............. :)

4. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,701
    don't lock tyres and don't slide through the corners.

5. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Premium

Ratings:
    +3,194
    Setting the fuel mix to lean will also cause less wheel spin since the engine won't rev as much. :)

6. The Thorn MJ

The Thorn MJ

Ratings:
    +8
    I had a career race at Barvelona today. For some reason I went really fast by just being smooth on steering. It also held the grip longer for a few laps then my strategy suggested. I don't know for sure, but I think being smooth on the steering will keep your tyres alife longer.

7. Kristian Nenov

Kristian Nenov

Ratings:
    +481
    You're doing a good job but look after the tyres? You got an email with this? Cuz I got an email that tyre wear is OK and I thought everyone gets the same no matter what?

8. Marcus Lindblom

Marcus Lindblom

Ratings:
    +93
    I did 17 laps on a set of options in Abu Dhabi and I found that generally less force put into the tires helped preserve them. What I mean by that is brake with less force earlier, turn in smooth, and be very gentle on the throttle on exit.