F1 2010 Your Career

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Sorry if someone has already made something like this, but how are you doing in career?

What season are you in, what team do you drive for? Who is your main rival and how is your team mate doing?

At the moment i am in the middle of Q2 at Budapest what i think is my 3rd season. I am driving for force india. My team mate does alright in Quali, but doesnt finish well in the race.

After the race i will post the Drivers chamiponship standers and the constructers championship standings on here.

A quick question, do teams have good and bad parts of the season? Or if you do well in a team the next season they are a bit stronger? As when you finish a season well the race engineer says something like, you have put us in a better place for next season. Also i had 2 seasons with lotus, and since i left they are often getting both there cars into Q2. Also Renualt are doing very well in Quali, but bad in the race. Williams really struggle to get out of Q3. Also Red Bull are coming around 10th.

Anyway post your career stats here etc.

On my first career in a Virgin with an awesome total of 5 points. Did manage one pole position and one 2nd place in qualifying (thanks to weather). Just qualified 14th for Hungary, naming Senna as my rival. I currently have 11 reputation points (about halfway full), hoping to hit 13 (do I just need to reach 13 or fill up the meter at 13 ie. reach 14?) so I can get an offer from Torro Rosso. Right now I'm "Favoured" by them on the contract screen. Have an open offer from Virgin I'm planning to decline, but 6.5 mil is hard to turn down. I considered naming Buemi as my rival, but was afraid that if I didn't beat him I wouldn't get any offers from STR, and this way if he beats me and I get an offer, I'm moving up in terms of team rankings.

Legend AI, TC medium and corner braking line. Fuel sim off, tyre sim on, short weekends and 40% races. On Xbox with the controller.

Just finished melbourne. Came 16th. Not bad. I stayed out as long as possible on the option tryes to try to avoid pitting twice(Rain). But in the end i came in, the last couple of laps i lost some time. In the end it diddnt rain atall.

My team mate got lapped, and chandok got DSQ somehow. I am pretty please with my self. Now time for the next race, Malaysia.

Sunny for all sessions except Q3. Whick is 100% heavy rain. Doubt ill even reach Q3 though.

I'm not sure if this is common or not, but after winning the championship in my first season (on all the hardest levels) I moved to Red Bull as the second driver. I was pretty pleased to move from the lowly Virgin Racing straight to Red Bull.
Would have preferred to be driving alongside Webber. Instead Vettel is of course my team mate and Webber didn't even manage to get a drive elsewhere...

Yesterday, I was in my second season with Virgin, still 3 races left, 18 points behind Webber, just signed a contract with RedBull as I beat my rival Vettel. When I started the game today: corrupt save file...... :-(
I am/was running on expert mode (no aids, cockpit view)....
What I think is worst, is that I lost all my setups which will cost me loads of time to create again.... Well, lets just do it better this time. :)

Anyone else struggling to find a good difficulty balance? I feel like most races, I qualify really well, then finish well only because the people behind me don't manage to over take. Cars in front of me usually disappear into the sunset with ease, and I have a hard time catching up with anyone. More often than not, my position after my pit stop = my finishing position. It seems I either finish with no one in sight on either side, or no one in front and a line behind me. Now I understand that a Virgin shouldn't be catching most cars out there, but I don't understand why if I lose fight a spin and drop my place to say Trulli or Senna, within a few laps they're up by several seconds, despite me crushing them in qualifying...

Obviously this varies from track to track, and my data is very skewed (only driven the Virgin car, so no clue how it is in the middle pack cars), but that's the impression I get at least.

Anyone else struggling to find a good difficulty balance? I feel like most races, I qualify really well, then finish well only because the people behind me don't manage to over take. Cars in front of me usually disappear into the sunset with ease, and I have a hard time catching up with anyone. More often than not, my position after my pit stop = my finishing position. It seems I either finish with no one in sight on either side, or no one in front and a line behind me. Now I understand that a Virgin shouldn't be catching most cars out there, but I don't understand why if I lose fight a spin and drop my place to say Trulli or Senna, within a few laps they're up by several seconds, despite me crushing them in qualifying...

Obviously this varies from track to track, and my data is very skewed (only driven the Virgin car, so no clue how it is in the middle pack cars), but that's the impression I get at least.

You are not alone, I have similar results with the HRT. I think/hope once we get out of the entry level teams and into some mid pack teams our race pace should improve a little. I have done some career races in a mid pack team before restarting my career going back to an entry level team to know the race pace will improve with the mid pack team. But as fun as this game can be from a driver's perspective, there is so much that is wrong with how the AI race. I play on the PC and have access to some AI mods which helps a bit, but many of the gremlins regarding the AI is still buried deep in the bowls of the CM code.

i play on xbox, i have just completed malaysia with my lotus. I ot 13th in quali but i also picked up a 5 place grid penalty. Before the pit stops i was flying. Then i pitted, since then i lost so much time. Also for some reason all the cars were ghost. So i coudnt defend them off. Buemi overtook me ( not much faster than the lotus) and i lost around 5 seconds a lap ?!?!?!?. When he was behind me, i pulled away aound 0.3 a lap. I finished in 19th in the end, i am still quite angry about it. Next race i hope to get around 15th

Im doing long weekends and 100% race lenght, Won the WDC in a lotus on pro difficulty and TC med ABS on, with the joystick. Bought my wheel and race Sao Paulo and Abu Dahbi with it. Second Season with Red Bull because i choose Vettel as my Rival. Now i change everything to legend, no assist whatsoever... and i think i spent a lot of time practicing with the lotus because i can post faster laps than the real life Red Bull. at Sakhir i was doing the same lap times as IRL Red Bull. in Q3 im positive that i did it faster that vettel last year. did a little practice on melbourne and on my first 5 laps i was like .300+/- a second slower that real life. obviusly the AI wasn't able to catch me, i lapped everyone on sakhir. did i did something wrong, am i just to good or the AI is just slow?

:( i'm on the 360 version... guess i'm just gonna have an easy WDC win... X7!!!! nooooooo! (oh BTW i'm using the fuel sim on, and no, it didn't help. i'm still faster, thats how i lapped everyone at sakhir)

P.S. also i would like to add to the engine managment question. theres no impact whatsoever on the way you or the AI perfom. i've race a complete season on long weekends and 100% race lenght, at abu dhabi i think my engine was in the middle of the 80% and i still lapped everyone else... with a lotus... pro diff..
what i mean is: use the engines, don't change it every practice session, is not the engine, is the interface between the wheel and the pedals that are failing to go fast... he he...

I got to do spain on 50% on expert in my lotus. I showed some decent pace, but the race has high chance of heavy rain. With no practice or quali sessions with rain :(. So i will just have to guess a setup and go with it. I want to take it easy aswell because of the last 3 corners.

Chiming in with my story...

So after switching over to PC from PS3 for the mods I was obviously forced to restart my career. I picked Virgin to this time with the following difficulty settings:
Tyre/Fuel Sims: ON
AI: Proffesional
TCS: Medium
ABS: ON
Racing Line: OFF
Weekend: LONG
Race: 100% (0 flashbacks, 0 restarts)

So I am now at race 18 (Brazil) with 72 points which puts me mid table (can't remember what spot). I am doing well in qualifying (top 10 if not top 5), but it is very hard to get points in the race; I usually end up around 10-18th. The AI seem to have a very unstable pace going from race to race; sometimes they are in lala land sometimes they are speed demons. Using David's TrueAI 1.4 has helped wake up the AI but I have to race on Intermediate now :rolleyes:

I took a drive as #2 at Sauber after getting offers from Lotus, HRT, Virgin and Toro Rosso. I think the key to having a good race is to pit 1 lap before the recommended strategy and regain the places lost on the next lap since EVERYONE and their dog pits on the recommended lap.

Chiming in with my story...

So after switching over to PC from PS3 for the mods I was obviously forced to restart my career. I picked Virgin to this time with the following difficulty settings:
Tyre/Fuel Sims: ON
AI: Proffesional
TCS: Medium
ABS: ON
Racing Line: OFF
Weekend: LONG
Race: 100% (0 flashbacks, 0 restarts)

So I am now at race 18 (Brazil) with 72 points which puts me mid table (can't remember what spot). I am doing well in qualifying (top 10 if not top 5), but it is very hard to get points in the race; I usually end up around 10-18th. The AI seem to have a very unstable pace going from race to race; sometimes they are in lala land sometimes they are speed demons. Using David's TrueAI 1.4 has helped wake up the AI but I have to race on Intermediate now :rolleyes:

I took a drive as #2 at Sauber after getting offers from Lotus, HRT, Virgin and Toro Rosso. I think the key to having a good race is to pit 1 lap before the recommended strategy and regain the places lost on the next lap since EVERYONE and their dog pits on the recommended lap.

I have a xbox 360, and yes in quali they are quite easy to beat. But when it comes to the race, boy do they step up there game. I lost 5 seconds alap to a torro rosso once. Btw nice tip at the end, ill use that in my next race ( Catalunya) Well am not sure about this race because there is high chance of rain. But in the next one :)

I don't know if Catalunya in the rain is a blessing or a curse. I had a dry race and the AI were CRAZY fast so I did not do well (20th place I think). The rain might help a lot since the CM AI is pretty slow in the rain if I remember, good luck!

I am on my second season... Started with Lotus last season and won the championship... I had turned off all aids except Tire Sim, Fuel Sim, TC and ABS and was driving at the Professional level...

Now half way through my second season and am driving for Red Bull this season... Bumped the difficulty up to Legend and turned on Tire Sim a few races ago... I immediately began to struggle as the game logic / physics is quite different... I went from qualifying on pole by 2 seconds a lap to not being able to get within 1.5 seconds of pole... I have now turned off ALL driver aids and am having to re-learn how to drive the car, but my times are coming down... Still leading the championship this season, but IMO the Lotus last season drove much, much better than the Red Bull this season...

Still leading the championship this season, but IMO the Lotus last season drove much, much better than the Red Bull this season...

That's because the tyre and fuel sims change the game entirely. Racing with them off it is like time trial: astronomically unrealistic. When I went from Hard to Expert mode I had to restart my career, it just didn't feel right to be winning WDC in a drive with Virgin.

Guess it depends how you like your racing games arcade or sim.

That's because the tyre and fuel sims change the game entirely. Racing with them off it is like time trial: astronomically unrealistic. When I went from Hard to Expert mode I had to restart my career, it just didn't feel right to be winning WDC in a drive with Virgin.

I don't ever want to race with tire sim turned off, but I do race with fuel sim turned off (I qualify with fuel sim on) because I do 100% length races and it is too much of a handicap being so slow compared to the other cars when you are in a 100% distance race. But yes racing with tire sim off is like racing in an arcade game.

What I don't understand in this game is why is it that you can post a time in practice and qualifying that puts you in the front, middle or rear of the pack. But come race time the AI cars around you (specifically those in front of your) can all of a sudden lap several seconds faster than their practice/qualifying times. If an AI drives 1:25:xxx in practice and qualifying, they should not be able to do 1:22:xxx (or better) in the race.

This game is fun to drive in, but the races are FUBAR'ed with the scripted AI. :(

I think it is because the Practice and Qualifying times are calculated, and the race pace is dictated by the actual AI which has been modded by TrueAI1.4 to be more competitive.

So, for any given difficulty with the TrueAI mod the race pace will always be faster since the mod cannot change the P/Q times.

You are right ... the practice/qualifying times have nothing to do with the pace on the track and races are a completely different can of worms. I can appreciate the challenges in making a game that is compatible with all different types of skill levels. I am no alien, but I can do lap after lap consistently within the same times without making major mistakes. My competitiveness in the races so far (just finished Hungary last night) really depends on the track. Some races I am dicing with the AI, and some races I am a mobile chicane. I am kind of using my career time in F1 2010 right now as a learning experience driving the crappy HRT car just trying to learn the tracks and not worried about wins. I am hoping many issues concerning the game are improved on in F1 2011.

Even with access to the new AI toolkit, it still is a lot of effort to fix every corner on every track.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 117 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 432 39.7%