1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You know what will be cool?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by George Mastrokostas, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Have real life routes mapped.
    For example, a route that starts from southern Italy, goes through Austira, then moves on to Germany and France to end up in Spain.

Ok that might be an overkill but think the fun factor of mapping with as much detail real life routes like that. It would be what the Ring is now but 100 times much more fun.

I think something like that will be done after 5-10 years when our PCs will be able to handle that kind of load.
  2. Yes that might be fun but it would make the ring seem like a 5 minute drive LOL.

But could be fun for some other type of game involving vehicles rather then a simulation
  3. lol we could do our owne GumBall :)
  4. That would be something really fun!! Rally:)
  5. The ring is almost a 5 minute drive :)

It's a great idea but for it to have any detail you would need a very high end computer, otherwise the track would be invery low textures. Just look what SImbin had to do with the Nordschliefe.
  6. I wish......takes me f o r e v e r to get around there, no idea how people do it fast (though 5000odd repetitions probably help)
  7. It took me about a month or so in GTR2 to learn the damn thing.
    I had the most problems with the second half of the track.
  8. This sort of exists with Test Drive Unlimited as the roads in that game follow the real roads on the island. However, it isnt very realistic, which i presume is what you wanted with this idea.
  9. Exactly :)

i want to feel like Jeremy Clarkson :(
  10. Without the dodgy hair and dress sense i presume? :rolleyes:
  11. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff

slighty off topic;

the all important thing about dodgy hair and dress sense is that you dont care that their dodgy, much like JC himself

slighty on topic;

it would be great. in much the same way as the hill climbs idea i read about either here or at rsc (bram?). maybe a more managable approach would be to cherry pick certain roads or mountain passes along the main route you might follow and run them as a time trial championship. in doing so you'd run the route, get the gumball thing going and still provide a competetive edge all within the respective limitations of hardware/spotware we all use.
  12. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

like the route the Top Gear lads found on the swiss/italian border. Any one want to drive the DB9 like James May?
  13. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

What about a : MILLE MIGLIA (1000 Miles)

or a :Targa Florio ( 446KM) The Grand Prix Legends Forums
    working on this one maybe 2009.

or a : Isle of Man TT (15.388 miles) already for GPL

or a : Monaco rally trough the Alps

Good be fun , Hans
  14. What vehicle from RACE/GTR you getting around the green hell in 5mins :D
  15. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Ok anyone know very good si,-track makers with lots of free time?
  16. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff

funnily enough exactly the same one i had in mind :D
  17. Daniel Monteiro

Daniel Monteiro
    Premium Member

wht not end up in portugal! so that you could take the ferry to morroco and start the dakar rally! :D

it's good to dream, a project like that would take aaaaaaages
  18. HAha sounds like a brilliant idea, but imagine the size of the track in terms of MB? LOL
  19. Key word in my post was almost. I'm precisely 1.139 seconds off a 5 minute lap in the F3000 :)
  20. Bah the F3000 is cheating :p