F1 2012 You have got to be kidding me Codemasters!

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Been playing the game regularly for a few months now

Got up to about level 45 on multplayer before all the cretins and stupid penalties and "you start fifth on the grid in a field with 5 level 50 guys and are expected to finish 3rd" garbage.

Started a career mode, did the stupid numptie test that you apparently HAVE TO DO!

And was doing OK on second level down from pathetic alien retard, had a couple of points finishes.

Went into online today started 8 races, never finished one due to rammers or penalties so came out and went into career

Game completely crashed to desktop to load up the stupid STEAM offers banner

Went back into game "Data corrupted and I have to setup up a new player

For Dear Gods sake, this game is so pathetic

They get so much of it right, yet the simple fragilities that bring games like this down are still there!

Unreal

I accept that there are some issues, but the game crashing due to the Steam was down to Steam being.....starts with an s. I agree that the young driver test is stupid, but its one of the ways that the game knows what level you are at and what car choices you have. I don't think they expected people to corrupt their saves. I think Ryder has an override for that.

Public online play is a waste of time, and has been since F1 2010. Hence organised events such as what is offered here at RD is the way to go. Or at a minimum, only race with friends in locked servers

The Steam pop up window appeared BECAUSE your game crashed, it did not make it crash. The Steam software just 'assumed' you had stopped playing, it didn't know you had crashed, to the software you are just not playing any more.

Your profile probably corrupted due to that same crash.

If you don't want the pop up windows with offers and announcements :-

Steam > Steam Menu > Settings > Interface Tab > Deselect 'Notify me about additions or changes to my games, new releases, and upcoming releases'

Since day one almost, there have been many posts about where your profile is stored and how to back it up. This one happens to be my one :)

Patches and Recommendations

It used to be a sticky ..... but someone's removed the glue :cautious:

Cheers

I accept that there are some issues, but the game crashing due to the Steam was down to Steam being.....starts with an s. I agree that the young driver test is stupid, but its one of the ways that the game knows what level you are at and what car choices you have. I don't think they expected people to corrupt their saves. I think Ryder has an override for that.

What - compared to GFWL? Come off it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back