1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You can do one lap of any circuit...

Discussion in 'Car Talk' started by Seb_Code_Red, Dec 1, 2015.

1. With any driver of your choice in the passenger's seat. What circuit and driver would you choose, and why?

2. Ryan Ogurek

Ryan Ogurek
    Editor / Automotive News Staff

Kimi Raikonnen - Nurburgring
    Because if I can get the iceman to crap himself my life is complete.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. "How was the lap, Kimi?"
    "I was having a ****."

• Haha Haha x 1
  4. Walter Roehrl @pikes Peak

Because it cannot get much more legendary than this. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

Just one lap? :confused:
    I'd love to do a lap around Bathurst in a Ferrari 458 with Lewis Hamilton.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yep, one lap! Great choice!
    If i could choose any driver dead or alive, I'd do a lap around the old Spa-Francorchamps circuit with Jim Clark.
    If I had to choose a living driver, it'd be Alain Prost around the old Australian street circuit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. It would absolutely be Spa in a P1 with Chris Harris...just to see him squirm in his seat as I blast through Au Rouge at speed.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  8. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

As i can't drive a real car, i'd switch it over and would put myself in the passenger seat.
    Ayrton Senna @ Kyalami.

Because Senna
    Because good F1
    Because memories

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing Premium Member

I would take a BMW Z4 GT3 around the Nordschleife. As that will be scary as hell I would take Maldonado just to teach him a lesson how scary he is on track :D

• Haha Haha x 2
  10. My first choise of passenger would be Joey Dunlop, but sadly he's no longer with us...
    And for the same reasons Jim Clark & Jack Brabham are out of the running :cry:
    So I'd take Ari Vatanen instead!
    A single track though?
    Come ON!
    There's too many! :roflmao:
    But the final 'toss-up' would be between the Isle of Man Mountain Course, Nurburg Ring Gesamtstrecke (sadly no longer possible either) or a little known 84km Aussie track once used in 1924 for Australia's first Motorcycle GP called Bungonia :D
    Of course though, it would HAVE TO BE in a 70's Holden! :laugh:

11. Dan Allen

Dan Allen
    I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.

Jim Clark in either a Jag E Type or a Ferrari 250 GTO would be fun. I think I'd like to do a hillclimb with him, seeing as thats how he started in Motorsport

12. I would choose the Nurburgring in a V8 Supercar (dont care which one) with Jenson Button on my side.

13. Pike's Peak Hillclimb, my late wife passenger, and any pro of her choice crazy enough to ride on
    the back ledge where the soft-top isn't because I had the optional hardtop installed. Datsun 2000 age 16.jpg

14. Brendan Little

Brendan Little
    Oibren85 Premium Member

Would be Barthurst, with Colin Mcrae in a fun Tarmac Spec 22B Impreza. But I would be going slow just so I could spend more time with him and chat. (then just before the start swap seats and watch him go balls out on another lap.).