Yet More Porsche Volume III DLC Images for Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Porsche Volume 3 - 1.jpg

Did you know Assetto Corsa have secured licencing rights to bring the Porsche brand over to the simulation? It's been kept pretty quiet you know...

Just in case you missed all the hype surrounding the three Porsche DLC "volumes" penned in for a release to the Kunos flagship simulator Assetto Corsa, the studio have thrown together a bunch of images on their Volume III DLC store page on Steam. Showing off some delightful highlights from the upcoming DLC pack due to release in a couple of days, the new big batch of shots are another welcome reminder of what is due to be one of the better stocked DLC packages coming to AC this year.

As mentioned above, the third Porsche instalment will land on Steam for PC gamers this Tuesday 20th December. Due to retail as a stand alone DLC for £5.99, players who wish to purchase all three packs can take advantage of the 'Season Pass' DLC that will secure all three instalments of the Porsche content for £12.93.

As a reminder for those of us who may not be familiar with what Volume III will contain, the full car list can be seen below. Please note the Macan is a free addition to the sim, and the 911 Turbo S replaces the 2017 911 GT3 RSR that has been delayed until January 2017, whereupon it will be released free of charge to owners of the Volume III DLC.

Porsche Volume 3 DLC Contains:
  • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
  • Porsche 911 GT3 RSR 2017 * Coming as a free update in January 2017
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R 2015
  • Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016
  • Porsche 908 LH
  • Porsche 917 K
  • Porsche 911 R
  • Porsche 911 Turbo S
  • Porsche Macan

To ease the wait until Tuesday, cast your eyes over these...
AC Porsche Volume 3 - 5.jpg
AC Porsche Volume 3 - 6.jpg
AC Porsche Volume 3 - 7.jpg
AC Porsche Volume 3 - 8.jpg
AC Porsche Volume 3 - 9.jpg

Assetto Corsa is available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now. The Third and final Porsche DLC instalment will be released for PC on Tuesday 20th December, with console release to follow in 2017.

Ok so you know the drill by now I suppose. You like AC, we like AC. You like online racing, we do online racing. You like mods, we host mods. You make mods, we give you somewhere to chat about them. All under one nice and neat roof here at the Assetto Corsa sub forum. Go have some fun!

AC Porsche Volume 3 - 10.jpg AC Porsche Volume 3 - 2.jpg AC Porsche Volume 3 - 3.jpg

Do you like the latest batch of DLC preview images from Volume 3? Let us know in the comments section below!

thank you!
okey i knew that they drive in different classes, but seems they are more or less the same cars and can compete to each other :)
thx
They are not the same cars that can compete with each other. They'll be several seconds apart each on certain circuits. When I mentioned they're not the same above I meant it that way. Particularly with the mid-engined RSR now it's quite clear that they're each different developments for different requirements.

The RSR is more in-line with the GT2 cars we currently have in the game while the GT3 R is purely GT3 spec. These two cars should have similar pace on most tracks. The GT3 cup has noticeably less aero when compared to either the RSR or the R and a little less power compared to the RSR.

Time to re-create that epic 1969 Le-mans battle between the GT40 & the 908 that went down to the very last minutes of that epic race.

Shame we do not have the matching Ferrari 512 M or S to battle the 917 k , lets hope Ferrari now open their classic historic race cars up for DLC to be added in 2017 .

Only thing that needs opening up for those is the wallet, purchasing the licenses.

Time to re-create that epic 1969 Le-mans battle between the GT40 & the 908 that went down to the very last minutes of that epic race.

Would be awesome if Kunos could add Big Block GT40 as S1 version. I guess they couldn't do that.

AFAIK there has never been proper 1968-1971 Layout in a sim. It shouldn't be hard to remove one chicane and get 1955-1968 layout too. Of course it would get a bit more difficult with environment changes.

thank you!
okey i knew that they drive in different classes, but seems they are more or less the same cars and can compete to each other :)
thx

The GT3-Cup is about 15 sec. slower around Nürburgring VLN compare to the GT3 R and 20 sec. faster than the Cayman GT4. Seems for me a class of it´s own like in reality as well (GT3.5:D).

The 911 GT3 R is in GT3-pace, but like the Audi LMS Ultra and SLS AMG not full competitive against newer GT3-cars like LMS, AMG and 488. The 911 GT3 RSR 2017 will be the replacement and debut soon in the 24h of Daytona.

The GT3-Cup is about 15 sec. slower around Nürburgring VLN compare to the GT3 R and 20 sec. faster than the Cayman GT4. Seems for me a class of it´s own like in reality as well (GT3.5:D).

The 911 GT3 R is in GT3-pace, but like the Audi LMS Ultra and SLS AMG not full competitive against newer GT3-cars like LMS, AMG and 488. The 911 GT3 RSR 2017 will be the replacement and debut soon in the 24h of Daytona.
The RSR will not replace the GT3-R, as it is not SRO compliant, it will replace the current RSR, which is not sold through the customer race program. RSR is a full GTE/GTLM car and will be used by factory teams in WEC and IMSA.

The RSR will not replace the GT3-R, as it is not SRO compliant, it will replace the current RSR, which is not sold through the customer race program. RSR is a full GTE/GTLM car and will be used by factory teams in WEC and IMSA.
The car was made for the LM-GTE-class, but i highly doubt it will just be seen there like all other GTE-cars so far. Certainly with modifications, but like i said, the GT3-R is an old concept and needs to be replaced. Ask drivers like Sabine Schmitz. But she said as well: much more fun to drive:rolleyes:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 399 40.0%