1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Yet More DAKAR 18 Previews Show Various Different Racing Classes

Discussion in 'Dakar 18' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +13,089
    Dakar 18 Cover.jpg
    With DAKAR 18 still under development and appearing to have captured the sim racing public imagination, we share some more images from the WIP racing title.

Due to feature one of the "biggest open worlds ever made in a racing game" and many of the official riders and drivers of the 2018 Dakar rally, Bigmoon Entertainment and Deep Silver/Koch Media having taken on a considerable challenge as they look to recreate one of the toughest racing challenges in modern motorsport.

So what vehicles are expected to feature in the new game? According to the official media release, Dakar 18 will consist of many official teams and pilots from the Cars, Trucks, Bikes, Quads and SxS categories of racing, with accurately recreated visuals and representations of the racers and riders of the series.

So, let's take a quick look at some of the machines coming to Dakar 18:

Cars
    DAKAR18_Mini_Front.jpg
    Dakar 18 Mini.jpg
    DAKAR18_Peugeot_02.jpg

Trucks
    DAKAR18_Tatra_01.jpg

Bikes
    DAKAR18_Honda_Brabec_01.jpg
    DAKAR18_Honda_Brabec_02.jpg

Quads
    TrailerScreenshot_Alexis_01.jpg

SxS
    Dakar 18 article.jpg

In case you missed it, you still have a chance to submit interview questions to the developers of DAKAR '18 by checking out the link HERE.

Want to share with the community your wishes for the new game? Submit your wishes on our Wish List thread!

DAKAR 18 is scheduled to release 2018 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

To keep in touch with all the latest news from this simulation, and to share the excitement with your fellow fans of the great event, be sure to check out the brand new Dakar 18 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment.com!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
    RaceDepartment Twitter
    RaceDepartment Facebook
    RaceDepartment Twitch
    RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to checking out DAKAR 18 once it releases later this year? What are you most anticipating about the title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    • Love Love x 2
  2. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,657
    Well the graphics look really impressive I must say :D

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +48
    That looks very nice, the graphics looks insane cant wait to play it

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Peter Kerényi

Peter Kerényi

Ratings:
    +148
    The question is how will it look when the cars move. PC2 has nice graphics when it's static, but not really nice when the cars move.

Edit: I don't know how many times I have to say it, if you DISAGREE, contribute. This is a forum. Forums are for discussion. I like discussions, that's why I am here. And that's why I wrote this statement, which is my opinion, and I seriously think it looks all washed out and dirty when it's dynamic and I prefer clean graphics.

Good static shots don't always imply good dynamic graphics (where "good" is personal preference to some extent).

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. Charmin

Charmin

Ratings:
    +81
    My wish would be Physics like in DIRT Rally (was great IMO), "open World" and long stages 20min+ would be awesome.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Haha Haha x 2
  6. delpinsky

delpinsky

Ratings:
    +82
    Indeed!
    They could be some shots in "Photo Mode", so the landscape and terrain are probably real, anyway I hope the in-game graphics stays very close to these shots.
    As also @Charmin wrote, a Dirt Rally kind of physics would be nice. It's nowhere possible to dream about a sim, but decent physics would be more than welcome.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Charmin

Charmin

Ratings:
    +81
    Ohh and almost forget that, good sound.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Ratings:
    +365
    Commercial department doing its job: fishing peeps with nice pics:thumbsup:.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. el chasco

el chasco

Ratings:
    +17
    Richard Burns Rally physics, plz

• Like Like x 2
  10. ZePheR

ZePheR

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks awesome, i would prefer a Dirt 3 kinda style (Physics).
    Obviously a sim is the best option, but the success of the game depends a lot of "normal" ppl, imagine get a super sim like SpinTires (kinda), pressing x in your controller like crazy spining your tire and get stuck in the mud, no one would buy a Dakar game again if that the case.
    It's easier for the developers to take the arcade-ish way first, just like Dirt, the next Dakar game could we a little more realistic and so on for the next games...By now i just want a good Dakar game, and please no sand with concrete like superfice.

11. Durge Driven

Durge Driven

Ratings:
    +45
    Anyone thinks this will have real physics is kidding themselves because if it was the developer would already be raving about it

what a crock

12. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +408
    Yes, I'm sure they will follow your advice. :D
    And sell like 20% of the copies they would sell with some more ...relaxed physics. I'm not saying that I'm happy about it, just... being realistic. That and the eye candy, a today's formula for success.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek

Ratings:
    +1,271
    oh that Tatra :inlove: can't wait

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Austin Ogonoski

Austin Ogonoski

Ratings:
    +339
    Nice bullshots. Remember, DiRT 2 was supposed to look like this:

[​IMG]

And in the end it looked like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Haha Haha x 4
    • Beer Beer x 1
  15. darkelf1

darkelf1

Ratings:
    +52
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

16. FJBH10

FJBH10

Ratings:
    +24
    How do you guys think they'll do the navigation? Will it just be a kinda 'follow the arrow' thing or will you have to navigate your way around, especially the bikes and quads where you are solo.

17. Charmin

Charmin

Ratings:
    +81
    I hope it will be a little bit more realstic, i would like to have that you can see the finish far away but you have to find the right way by yourself (maybe this could be like a "realstic" mode). Forza Horizon had something that i liked.

You had to choose the best way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yapci

Yapci
    Premium

Ratings:
    +257
    When the previews developers show are not in game images, run away.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. apex11

apex11
    Premium

Ratings:
    +324
    What 'screen' shots do tell us is they understand colour palette. If they can at least nail something close to that then they are on to something.
    Games do tend to verge onto the side of cartoon colours far too much.

20. north

north

Ratings:
    +7
    From an interview with the devs:
    Following the real Dakar Rally rules, the players will have to select a real “Dakar 18” avatar pilot, receiving a “Road Book” in the beginning of each stage and race. The goal is not only to drive the vehicle from point “A” to “B”, but you need to read the road book and find each waypoint that will lead to the goal of the stage. That is not an easy task because not every patch of terrain is easy to overcome.

Edit: https://www.lemagsportauto.com/dakar-18-entretien-exclusif-avec-le-ceo-de-bigmoon-studios/29353/ (scroll down for english version)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1