Yet another "What's the best steering wheel for my budget" thread...

Dan Allen

I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.
Hey guys, so basically, my Thrustmaster Ferrari Challenge 3 in 1 wheel has finally given up the ghost. To be fair, I'm surprised it lasted so long...

Anyway, I'll be looking to buy a new wheel in the not-too-distant future, and I am willing to spend up to £175 (around $280 USD, $322 AUD, 29893 Japanese Yen) at an absolute maximum. I'm taking my sim racing a lot more seriously these days, so I'm looking for the best I can get (FFB, great build quality etc...)

Cheers in advance guys

Really comprehensive list and since you own all of those wheels it's really substantial reading. When I was looking to upgrade from my DFGT I was looking for reviews like this. Tops!

Upvote 0
Very informative and well summed up @Skazz, I agree to just about everything you said. Coming from the GT3 I found the T300 to be quite notchy though, it's FFB is way stronger and faster ofc but that feeling of "cogging" was a bit of a letdown coming from the GT3. Overall a better wheel though.
Hoping my CSW v2 will be smooth as silk, strong as a bear and fast as me when having sex.

Upvote 0
Re: other wheels:
I never buy wheels within the first few months of launch, there are always teething troubles.... CSWv2 is perhaps for 2015, once the first group of owners show their results from standard production run wheel bases, but only if PS4 support is confirmed. [[Although I did get my invite code a couple of days ago which is taunting me right now :) ]]

(I counted the T300 as a v2 TX and went against my policy there admittedly)

Re: smoothness. i suspect that all my years with the G25 as my PC wheel left me less concerned by a bit of notchiness: my defect :) And to be honest the T300 feels notchier when unpowered than when actually racing, I barely notice notchiness in that wheel when actually driving.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
With the Thrustmaster wheels the belts definitely need to work in. I felt both of mine become smoother and easier to turn over the course of the first 10-20 hours.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back