F1 2010 Yeongam - South Korea (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Gkr747,

It sounds like you aren't fully braking, check sensitivity and deadzone etc for your pedals to make sure you have full range of input.

Just tried a quick time trial, 4 or 5 laps so plenty to work on, but Bram's setup on a mclaren has my fastest lap at 1:38.2 so far, car feels a little loose but I liked it :D

Good setup Bram, i'm driving the lotus right now, but i signed a deal with mclaren for next season so hopefully my time will come down...i modified the setup a bit to match my driving style i added:

11 - front wing
1- rear wing

11 - front and back sway bars

100% ballast to the front

camber F - 1.50
camber R - 3.50
toe F - 0.5
toe R - (cant remember but maximum to the right side)

I know some people will look at this and say HUH? but it works for me i did a 1:39.9 on primes and 1:39.1 on options not bad for a crap car

Xbox 360 controller BTW

EDIT: plus i don't know the track all that well...can't get down the first corner entry just right and a few of the last corners i know i can go faster

Don't worry about rear camber and toe so much, usually front negative camber and front positive toe is best for turning. Toe gives you good response to initially starting turning, it doesn't do much for grip. If you look at a F1 car you will see a lot of camber on the front wheels and little on the rear. Can't really notice the toe from video shots, but if you read up about how Camber and Toe work, it really helps understanding the setups of cars.

I couldn't figure out why some of the setups here use positive toe on the tight tracks, all it does is reduce steering responsiveness. Since tire wear isn't part of time trials, you should be able to use full negative front camber on all the tracks with just a slight negative camber on the rear unless you find the rear slipping, which sometimes means the wheel with all the weight on it isn't flat through that particular turn.

Simplified explanation on how it works:

http://www.gomog.com/allmorgan/CAMBER_CASTOR_TOE.html

Great setup even in the wet! I'm doing a full race in honour of this weekend and in Q3 it was chucking it down and required full wets. I got poll nearly 3.5 seconds in front of Hamilton in second. This was as Sheuy in the Mercedes.

I finely managed to put in a 1.36.134 ( after almost atleast 30 to 40 trials though )..but I am happy I got there finally...needed lot of practice to get that time...phew..still not perfect though...loosing fair amount of time in the 2nd and 3rd sectors as I am unable to get the perfect line and braking points due to tricky corners..I think I can suck out a couple of tenths atmost but needs even more trials :(

edit; first setup is very good, i only changed the front wing to 5, gives better steering response.. will try the other setup too sometime

I am using the same setup, same car, but have to break at 150m. If I break at 100m I go off the track.

How are you achieving such late breaking?

You guys are fast as hell, I only managed to do 1.41.5 on RedBull. Some turns just piss me off.

Practice 1, Practice 2 and Practice 3....use them, lols :D thats how i got my times down and try using the race line on tracks you don't know, it helps heaps, then turn it off

EDIT: i got down to 1:36.7 with mclaren grand prix mode, I'm in the beginging of my second season, signed with mclaren #2 driver...huge difference over my season 1 lotus

im losing out towards the end of my season, bottom half as I cannot seem to get any consistency out of my race pace in SPA (where I went quite well til a shunt at the end), singapore, japan (finally mastered the S's by the end of the race), definitely korea.

Driving for sauber and up until here I had been finishing well into the points. all assists off of course. I use flashbacks for the stupid blowouts and the occasional lack of concentration shunt. but really though, these later courses have caused teams to drop contracts!

Virgin Racing SUX

Great setup...

I don't have fixed throttle mapping and i like my brakes 45/55. A bit of tweaking with the gearbox as well for my virgin racing car. 1:43.400 in Q3.

Just stay off the curbs kids.

Hi everyone. I tought that time like 1:35 its impposible but not. Very dificult track but everyone can make it a good time with some good setup.I use a whell ofcourse.

Imagine how to make a 1:32 (world record on ps3 online leaderboard!)

I can't even go faster than 1:35:626 (my record and Im 243 in the world) :)

I will try to make a 1:34.9xxx but hard work and maybe a few days of practice and the dream come true!? But I dont think so because 1:35 it was my limit and dont know how to be faster than this?

Here is my setup (I change rear wing to 2 because its better for me and the gearbox is perfect but you can still change something if you want? Let me give you advize; two first corners they are very importand for the lap time.Also sector3 and his also two last corners very importend.I was driving with ghost 1:34 and only there "he" or "she" is faster than me and dont know why because my speed are the same everywhere so I think that maybe they use some code to make a car faster(?)) Anyway here is my setup for Mclaren but you can use maybe with others cars?:

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 3
Rear Wing Angle: 2
Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: Medium
Brake Size: Standard
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 50% - R 50%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 6
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 6
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 5
Rear Ride Height: 5
Front Spring Stiffness: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6
Gearbox
Gear 1: 133 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 165 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 197 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 231 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 269 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 310 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 358 kph / xxx mph​
Engine:
Throttle map: Standard
Fuel: N/A ( I have always 55laps) ? :(
Alignment:
Camber front: -0.80
Camber rear: -2.90
Toe front: 0.08
Toe rear:0.32

p.s: If you up the aligments so more "OUT" the car is more downforce I think so? I feel like that. :)

Good luck to everyone! :)

Really struggling with this track...can't seem to keep off the curbs! Tried alot of the setups but am not having much joy. Any ideas which is the best setup for Virgin?

Don't worry...just needed a lot of practice. Used Brams setup & managed to place 3rd! Thanks Bram, I knew I should trust your setup, I use them most of the time :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 126 13.7%