Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: Fixed
Alignment
Camber front: -1.20
Camber rear: -3.10
Toe front: 0.12
Toe rear:0.44​

No clue, haven't really hotlapped with it, just setting it up properly for my needs :)

Tryed this setup, shaved loads of my time cheers. Also found if you intend to use this setup online, found setting up the brakes to standard size, medium pressure help with late braking in the first three corners.

I am quite amazed by the aerodynamics front:3 and back: 1. I would think it would be unstable like hell, but it isn't for some reason, 6th gear on 369 is a bit high i think.

No clue, haven't really hotlapped with it, just setting it up properly for my needs :)

This is an awesome answer!

1.36.261 with keyboard :)

Hey Tazz, what is your fraking KB? And how can you keep perfect turning and trottle control with it? I definitely can't with mine. Did you find a way to have Steering Assist? =P

Anyway, here's my 1:42.0 Qualifying setup with the Virgin. Pole over 2 secs ahead of Vettel, with his 1:44 high. (Again, just a little tweaking from Bram's. I need more cornering grip than anything, driving with the Keyboard and all)

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 3
Rear Wing Angle: 1
Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: N/A
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 50% - R 50%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 9
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 5
Rear Spring Stiffness: 5
Gearbox
Gear 1: 148 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 182 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 215 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 249 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 285 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 322 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 364 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Standard
Fuel: N/A
Alignment
Camber front: -1.20
Camber rear: -3.10
Toe front: 0.12
Toe rear:0.44​

Hey Tazz, what is your fraking KB? And how can you keep perfect turning and trottle control with it? I definitely can't with mine. Did you find a way to have Steering Assist? =P
there's no throttle control with keyboard :)
the keyboard itself doesn't matter i guess, it's a 'Cherry Evolution Stream', pretty cheap in comparison with logitech stuff, i payed about 15€, but it's much better :)

edit; first setup is very good, i only changed the front wing to 5, gives better steering response.. will try the other setup too sometime

I could have posted this in any of those setup threads Tazz has posted, since it is the same for every track. But to avoid multiples posts of the same text, I'll do it just here. Hope Tazz sees it! =)

Hey Tazz, you drive better with the KB than some ppl with wheels! At least your lap times say so. Now, you use manual shift, right? Because your braking points seem to be always around 50-75 meters ahead of mine. I need the braking to downshift gears and with auto shift it means bye-bye to the turn if I delay it past the 100m mark, a little higher on very fast straights.

What's your KB setup? I'm about to restart my career at higher diffs and I'd like to try manual shift. I mean, 18 wins in the first season with a Virgin is fun and all but mostly to get experienced with the game. Time to increase the challenge! =)

i'm using auto gears :)
the braking is the hardest part for me, because if 'm a little bit too late, i'm off the track..
but on the other hand, i gain a lot of time if i do it right :)

and my settings (AZERTY kb)
left - ;
right - :
accelerate - A
brake - W

this used to a very common setup i already used in GP2 :)

Get a wheel man, its a racing game :) Not a type contest ;)

I would if I could. But more often that I'd like, I have to pause the game, Alt+Enter to go windowed mode, take care of my other tasks, surf the web and stuff and then Alt+Enter again to get the game full screen. I can't have a wheel in the middle of that. I could use another extra 8Gigs RAM tho.

Well, maybe someday if I get a console for my kid, I'll get him a wheel too. Perhaps two! =)

I would if I could. But more often that I'd like, I have to pause the game, Alt+Enter to go windowed mode, take care of my other tasks, surf the web and stuff and then Alt+Enter again to get the game full screen. I can't have a wheel in the middle of that. I could use another extra 8Gigs RAM tho.

Well, maybe someday if I get a console for my kid, I'll get him a wheel too. Perhaps two! =)

I have a wheel and i pause the game surf the web for setups and other stuff, or sometimes i even just leave the wheel there for the whole day cuz it doesnt bother me at all

Xbox 360, wireless pad, Red Bull, Season 2, pro difficulty, all assists off (ecxcept auto gears), not sure what uprgrades :-S

OP's setup,

1:38.795 (options)
1:40.148 (primes)
1:41.773 (options) on wet track but not raining, no drying line

Good setup Bram, i'm driving the lotus right now, but i signed a deal with mclaren for next season so hopefully my time will come down...i modified the setup a bit to match my driving style i added:

11 - front wing
1- rear wing

11 - front and back sway bars

100% ballast to the front

camber F - 1.50
camber R - 3.50
toe F - 0.5
toe R - (cant remember but maximum to the right side)

I know some people will look at this and say HUH? but it works for me i did a 1:39.9 on primes and 1:39.1 on options not bad for a crap car

Xbox 360 controller BTW

EDIT: plus i don't know the track all that well...can't get down the first corner entry just right and a few of the last corners i know i can go faster

there's no throttle control with keyboard :)
the keyboard itself doesn't matter i guess, it's a 'Cherry Evolution Stream', pretty cheap in comparison with logitech stuff, i payed about 15€, but it's much better :)

edit; first setup is very good, i only changed the front wing to 5, gives better steering response.. will try the other setup too sometime

Tazz or anyone, this is unbelievable to me and driving me crazy...how are you able to brake around 100mt mark on the straights??,,,with the same setup and I am using wheel, same MCLAREN, I cannot brake at a distance less than 150mts or even more...its same setup

if I brake at 100mts I am long gone out of the track...I mean for some reason my braking is taking significantly longer distance for the same setup as yours at all corners and particularly on the straights( which is about 75mts earlier) and one of the reasons I am able to manage only 1.39.8xx

whats the secret I am missing in the poor braking performance pls???? :(

and this is not specific to this track, Monza, I have to brake at more than 200mts on the main straight..which sucks and far from realistic

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 110 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.9%