• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Yay or Nay

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by InducingPanic, Nov 29, 2016.

1. InducingPanic

InducingPanic

Ratings:
    +0
    Besides NR2K3, I have never had a nascar game for the computer. I have had a few for XBOX and PS2, none with a wheel, and I equally hated all of them.

My intent would be to buy nascar heat for the PC from steam because, well, I'm a poor full time nursing student and can't afford iR.

Is the game worth the $39 and how does it stack up against iR? Is the simulations mode believable? Leagues? Mod friendly?

2. Pywackett-Barchetta

Pywackett-Barchetta

Ratings:
    +66
    $39 feels like it's a bit of a stretch, and I outright would not recommend it if you're going for simulation value. It's definitely an arcade-style game through and through, and handles pretty much exactly like a straight-up remake of NASCAR Heat 2002 / Dirt to Daytona. I mean, I would highly recommend it if you're just going for the sensation of racing, it's a pretty decent product; it's just not a sim.

I am seeing a lot of leagues get put together on Twitter and such, though, so you won't be at a loss for other players.

3. InducingPanic

InducingPanic

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the response

4. aowzone

aowzone

Ratings:
    +47
    Wait a little longer for them to put it on steam as a bundle with all DLC for $29.99, which is what it was retailing for on Black Friday/Cyber Monday (without DLC though) then it might be worth it.

I regret the money I spent on release, DLC, etc., but would have been OK with a $20 or $30 title for the quality of product.

5. Piotr Dul

Piotr Dul
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    It's available for 20.99GBP on Steam right now so I could give it a try but:
    1. Does it fully support Thrustmaster T300RS?
    2. Does it support TrackIR?
    3. Is there anything I should to know before purchase? Never played NASCAR series game before and my knowledge about the sport is only what I've seen in the movie with Tom Cruise and Robert Duvall some time ago.

6. Pywackett-Barchetta

Pywackett-Barchetta

Ratings:
    +66
    1. The Thrustmaster T500RS is the only Thrustmaster wheel not supported, it seems.
    2. It doesn't seem so.
    3. Yeah, you might want to do a bit more research on NASCAR before you get into this, then. The film you're describing, Days of Thunder, is wildly inaccurate and exaggerated for the sake of making a good movie. There are a good amount of beginner's guides and such out there (such as this barebones one), but the biggest thing to know for the career mode, if you already know the basics, is the Chase system. Essentially, the championship is decided less by points and more by elimination rounds now, with the top 16 drivers competing in a few races, then top 12, 8, and one final race with the 4. Whoever places best in the final race among the four wins the trophy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Met_fan

Met_fan

Ratings:
    +17
    T500RS works great for me^^

8. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,359
    I picked this up on discount towards the backend of November but only this past weekend did I give it a first try out and have to say I was pretty impressed with it. I had an incredible amount of fun, far more than I expected and it reminded me why I love this form of racing. I was a big Papyrus Nascar Racing fan (all versions) back in my PC days in the 90's and early 00's but since going over to console for financial reasons back in 2010 when I could not afford a new PC but wanted to get back to some racing I have not had any chance to get back to Nascar other than a brief flirtation with Nascar 08. So when this became available over here in the UK and then dropped in price I went for it... so glad now that I did.

It's not the most swish thing out there and graphically it is a bit retro but to be honest that kind of adds to the enjoyment for me for some reason and makes me feel more immersed in my virtual racing word. I always race from cockpit so that may help there as I couldn't get the same enjoyment from any other view I am sure. I use the Thrustmaster 458 Italia TX and that seems to work pretty well with this game.

Definitely a winner for me :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  9. theiceman7

theiceman7

Ratings:
    +20
    Is it true that Heat is just a remake of '15, which was basically a carbon copy of '14? I would like to have a modern NASCAR game, but I don't want to get it just to find that it is basically the same game with the same glitches.
    NASCAR '14 and '15 just didn't appeal to me, because the developers didn't even think to fix the glitches from the first game. That really seems like the cardinal sin of the world of video game developing to me. :rolleyes::poop:

10. Pywackett-Barchetta

Pywackett-Barchetta

Ratings:
    +66
    Heat is not a remake of '15, no. The games from '11 to '15 are carbon copies of each other, but Heat Evolution is a new game from a new developer... which is mostly a remake of 2002's Dirt to Daytona. A lot of people's excitement over this one is that it isn't in the hands of Eutechnyx like '15/'14/'13/'12/'11 were.

• Agree Agree x 1