1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Yay or Nay

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by InducingPanic, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Besides NR2K3, I have never had a nascar game for the computer. I have had a few for XBOX and PS2, none with a wheel, and I equally hated all of them.

My intent would be to buy nascar heat for the PC from steam because, well, I'm a poor full time nursing student and can't afford iR.

Is the game worth the $39 and how does it stack up against iR? Is the simulations mode believable? Leagues? Mod friendly?

2. $39 feels like it's a bit of a stretch, and I outright would not recommend it if you're going for simulation value. It's definitely an arcade-style game through and through, and handles pretty much exactly like a straight-up remake of NASCAR Heat 2002 / Dirt to Daytona. I mean, I would highly recommend it if you're just going for the sensation of racing, it's a pretty decent product; it's just not a sim.

I am seeing a lot of leagues get put together on Twitter and such, though, so you won't be at a loss for other players.