1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XWTCC @ Magny-Cours - Saturday March 28th 2009

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Class: WTCC Extreme
    Track: Magny-Cours
    Weather: Dry
    Practice: 20:00 GMT 30 minutes
    Qualification: 20:30 GMT 30 minutes
    Warmup: 21:00 GMT 10 minutes
    Race: 21:10 GMT 2x12 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!​

No active entry list. Please leave a message if you want to drive.
  2. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas
    Premium Member

yes please i would like to join:)
  3. I'll give the extremes a go.

Count me in for this one again please Yves:dance2:
  4. Rob Goldthorpe

Rob Goldthorpe
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I\ll be there :D
  5. Hi there friends

ill be there to

6. Eck Simpson

Eck Simpson
    Premium Member

I'll have a go at this, who knows, I may even like them.
  7. I will try and be there after the AF3GPC
  8. Daniel Monteiro

Daniel Monteiro
    Premium Member

i would like to drive please!

EDIT: won't be able to make it on time, sorry, sign me out! :sad:
  9. Neil Tennant

Neil Tennant
    @ Simberia @Simberia

ill have to try this one :O
  10. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas
    Premium Member

are those cars like dtm cars???
  11. Rob Goldthorpe

Rob Goldthorpe
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Near enough, in my experience they like to go sideways :D
  12. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas
    Premium Member

ok mate that should be intresting:D
  13. Eck Simpson

Eck Simpson
    Premium Member

Sorry gents, I'm gonna have to renege on this one...
  14. i will drop in
  15. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

if there's room for one more then i'll have a go!
  16. I will try!
  17. ill drive plz
  18. I would like to drive please!
  19. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas
    Premium Member

cant drive these cars i was off the pace big time and decided to call it a day
  20. I'm surprised to have been quick:shock:.

I like the track as it is quite fast and has corners and switchbacks that require attacking, but I hadn't driven the Extremes much because of the tail happy nature of them.

If anything the nature of Magny Cours possibly suited these cars which is why I was comfortable with it. Somewhere more technical like Brands Hatch or something and I would of probably spent more time facing the wrong way!!

I think my 2 races showed the fine line of control you get with these cars. In the first race I was in front and without too much pressure and was able to stroke the car around comfortably, but in race 2 with traffic and a bit of frustration I drove like I'd had a few too many beers:beer:!

Having qualified in pole I was confident that provided I stayed out of trouble in the opening laps I would be able to finish first. I had a clean start off the line and just tried not to force the issue with the car in the opening corners. Everyone seemed to be cautious especially in the hairpin and I was able to get some daylight and pace myself. While the guys 2nd - 4th seemed to be having a good battle it meant that I had a largely untroubled race.:victory:

Race 2 went wrong straight from the start:damnit:. In recent races I've been able to get goods starts off the line using my clutch button on my wheel. Unfotunately when everyone was on the grid I held the clutch button down put it into 1st and went to get my revs right when the cars started to move:shock:. I tried the clutch again and the same happened!! This meant I'd have to start without being able to hold the throttle where I wanted it and I got bogged down in wheelspin and then headed towards the wall tagging another Chevy as it went by (sry to whoever that was).
    I then found how difficult these cars are in traffic. I seemed to lose my precision on getting the power down, often getting far too sideways coming out of corners and following others into some of the quick switchbacks was pretty un-nerving:sweat:.

I made it upto 4th between Neil in 5th and the BMW of Gaddi i think. I miss judged Gaddi's braking and ran wide to avoid contact and ended up going broadside across Neil's car making it impossible for him to avoid contact:embarrassed:, but fortunately it didn't seem to cause him too much harm.

With the red mist starting to cloud my judgement I attempted to close back in on Neil for 3rd, but lost the back end coming out of the hairpin and lost my front splitter. Now it handled like a dog and I had to struggle the last 2 laps to collect 2 points for 7th.:beat-up:

Luckily that was enough for a points victory:nailbiting:.

Having watched the replays it looks like there were some good battles.
    Thanks again RD and the entrants for a great race:good:.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.