• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

XPacker Collada examples models wanted

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Brendon Pywell, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Brendon Pywell

Brendon Pywell
    Bob's Track Builder

Ratings:
    +156
    Hi Guys,

I wish to improve the Collada import routines and need a few examples on which to test.

Please zip up any examples you have, along with its textures, a pic of the original object (so I know what it is supposed to look out like) and a description of how the object was created (what software).

Post here or email it to me.

Thanks!!

2. Tamas Pongracz

Tamas Pongracz

Ratings:
    +0

3. jofan

jofan

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Brendan, can supply many Collada objects from my own project (all constructed by myself so no problems with ownership etc!)

I should also be able to tweak / play with settings if it helps you to identify any particular problems etc (all objects will be from Truespace)

I will hopefully send these over the next few days as i am struggling for BTB time at present:disapointed:!!

J

4. rtimmermans

rtimmermans

Ratings:
    +0
    Chimay RaceControl Tower

You can download a collada model at www.timsys.be/tmp/Chimay.zip

It's a kmz export of google sketchup. In the folder wedstrijdtoren\models you find a collada file. Textures are found in wedstrijdtoren\images.

I can add it successfully to an Xpack, but when I use it in my track and try in it in rfactor a get an error that a texture can't be found.

5. banger

banger

Ratings:
    +32
    you got textures way to big,and at odd sizes

texture 5: 1122 x 1325
    texture 4: 1935 x 283
    texture 0: 368 x 256

these need to be resized,to the power of 2
    [2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048,4096] in height & width,doesn't matter if it 256x512 or 512x1024 has long has it is one of the column numbers in the list above.

ed