1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenon lights for RF ??

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Michael Herrmann, May 3, 2010.

1. hi guys

is there a Xenon light mod out for RF like the one for GTR2 ?? or will the GTR2 one might work in
    RF too ?

thanks in advance
  2. yeah i would also like to know aswell
  3. There isn't a xenon mod per se - but there is a light flare mod. However it is needs implementing for each mod and needs fairly good skills in 3DSMax
  4. ok thanks Ryo through it would maybe a easy think like in GTR2 where you only need to change a few .DDS
  5. You could still change the DDS and TGA files - but again it would be mod specific.
  6. hmm i will have a look with what i can come up then :) as i am nearly blind in the dark and found out with the xenon light mod for GTR2 i can see
    atleast a bit i wouldl like to have that in RF too
  7. The rF light 'glow' on the tarmac is a just a TGA file - you can easily make it longer and brighter - but you need to position it correctly also.
  8. Just adapt the GTR2 Files to rfactor, so here’s the diference:

With “xénon”,
  9. Nice work Sergio. What a difference that makes. A must have for night driving.
  10. can you please tell us how you did this or upload it to rd thanks :)
  11. I'm working on it :)
  12. In most of the series you put this file in vehicles folder:

Credits to Voma and Epox for the file.

Then open the vehicle.gen file of the car you are going to use and change these lines like this:

Moveable=True Dyn=True Active=False Pos=(0.0, 0.10, -77.2) Dir=(0.0, -0.5, -1.0) Radius=(28.0) Blend=(InvDstColor, One) Texmap=HL_2_PLR.dds

And it's done!

In other series like for example Endurande Series you will put the DDS file in the Vehicles/EnduranceSeries folder.
  13. Oh great work thanks you sergio this is going to be a big help thanks mate :)
  14. Hey guy's I used this link to get the files and had to dig them out off my Temp file. Lucky to find them at all. I'd recommend using the RD link.