1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XD doesn't work

Discussion in 'GTR 2' started by Tom, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

I've been trying to set up XD for an hour or so but it still doesn't work. Installed it as usual and started the game, quit and changed the positions (it wasn't visible with default positions either). I didn't paste the Race07 config into the GTR2 folder, to be clear on that - all I did copy were the positions of the gadgets.

That's all I'm getting.

[​IMG]

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium Member

which version are you using? is this on a steam gtrĀ² install ? if so maybe the Steam only! Version: 1.2.1.10 is the one you need

Andi

3. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

GTR2.exe details shows version 1.1.0.0. I actually downloaded it from Steam again today, so that's the best I can get from Steam. XD version is up to date as well, downloaded it a week or so ago and there's no update available. :)

4. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

I havnt got the steam version installed, but have you any other d3d9.dll in the grt2 folder..
    maybe a map plugin for ex or a mod for the graphics that also uses a d3d9.dll..
    i have it working on the disc install with a map plugin
    im using the latest version of XD 2.1.12

( map plugin ) to use the latest version of XD http://www.vitumo.de/ with the map plugin rename the d3d9.dll to d3d9_xd.dll and you get delta time aswell.
    I havnt tried it without the map plugin..
    XD is working on steam GT Legends

5. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Nope it's the d3d9.dll from the XD archive. The version is the same as yours. I'll see if installing the map plugin you linked can fix the issue. Thanks!

6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium Member

i might be wrong but the last race 07 steam version is 2.1.10 im not sure if the 2.1.12 works on steam but i havent tested...

taken from the xd info
    Andi

7. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

It's working perfectly fine in Race07 but not in GTR2, that's the problem. :/

8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium Member

are you using the exact same version in race 07? as i believe that versions after 2.1.10 are not STEAM compatable

Andi

(mine works with a 2.1.5 version which is a steam build) but also mine has been fixed to run all cars)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Yeah I do but the link Rupe provided worked out in the end. ;)

It's all good now, thanks!

• Like Like x 1