Xbox One vs. PS4

ahhh the good ol' question again....

all joking aside I really do not know which one to go for and I thought being a huge sim racing gamer I would get a better opinion in this forum. I really like the Xbox UI but the hardware on the PS4 is better. I wanna hear your opinions and advice

Thanks

Oh and yes I know PC is modable blah blah blah

I would love to get a high end PC but I just can't right now. Honestly I really don't care much for the exclusives other than Forza vs GT. Im an occasional gamer and what really draws me to the Xbox is the UI. Out of the consoles which one have you felt its given you the best overall satisfaction?

I just want a console that I won't have to change for the next 5-8 years

I currently have more games for the PS4 than the XB1, however I got a LOT of mileage out of Forza 5, Ryse Son of Rome, Killer Instinct, and Forza Horizon 2. For the PS4, I've been playing Destiny, Driveclub, and The Last of Us all of which are good also. Before this generation of consoles is over, I will probably still own more PS4 games than XB1 simply for the fact that the PS4 is more powerful so games shared by those platforms generally have a higher chance of looking better on the PS4. Last generation I was all about the 360 and the roles were reversed, the 360 had the advantage over the PS3. I've been spoiled by having a high end PC for a long time so its hard for me to give up any graphical advantages one console has over another so that's why I gravitate to the PS4 for this generation.

Upvote 0
I have had a PS4 since launch and Sony's promised "Legacy Wheel Support" has apparently been PR/Lies. XBone is not better for Racing Wheel support.

PC Master Race is winning at the moment for 'Sim' racing with a decent wheel.

Upvote 0
Theres a reason why its PS4 vs. Xbox 1. Not to be rude or anything...
I sincerely understand but asking that question this way is like asking if a VW Polo or a Lada is the best car in the world, out of everything that's available on the market.

Get a PC. It's not more expensive than a PS4, depending on what you want, and it'll greatly outperform the PotatoStation4.

May GabeN bless your path.

Upvote 0
I sincerely understand but asking that question this way is like asking if a VW Polo or a Lada is the best car in the world, out of everything that's available on the market.

Get a PC. It's not more expensive than a PS4, depending on what you want, and it'll greatly outperform the PotatoStation4.

May GabeN bless your path.

I appreciate your input, I just don't have the money, nor the room to have a PC. I already have a pretty good Mac Pro so having a PC would be too much. I just wanted to know the community's input on this and Im sure many others have the same question that i do

Upvote 0
I appreciate your input, I just don't have the money, nor the room to have a PC. I already have a pretty good Mac Pro so having a PC would be too much. I just wanted to know the community's input on this and Im sure many others have the same question that i do
A 450€ PC will beat both the PS4 & XBone. If you spend 700-800€ it'll not only beat but crush the potatoes.

If you don't have much money to spend, why waste it on outdated hardware (aka consoles)?

Upvote 0
Long post warning:
I'd go for an Xbox One if I was just looking at racing games and didn't own a PC with an equivalent graphics card to the Xbox one, err, one. :D On that you're getting Forza Horizon 2/3 and Forza Motorsport 5-6, possibly even 7. So that's four or five of arguably the best simcade and console sim racers on one console. Plus I think the controller and UI are still a bit better on the Xbox One.
Also there are slightly better value bundles for the Xbox One and if you're in the UK all Amazon bundles right now come with a free Forza 5 'Game of the year edition' download.
Right now on the PS4 you've got the arcade racer 'Drive Club' that's like 'Horizon' but not as good.

GT7, from the interviews I've read, sounds like it's going to keep every problem from GT6 although maybe they will fix playability issues like controller throttle/steering mapping. I think the only real improvement over GT6 will be the track visuals and that it will run at a solid 60fps in full 1080p resolution not three quarters of it.
GT6 is still selling well because it has no real competition but many people must enjoy playing it or it wouldn't sell so well. I'm not one of them!
FM6 I have complete confidence in. On the 360 FM2 felt slightly disappointing to me, like a higher resolution FM1 but with far less cars and tracks. I think they fixed ever major criticism of FM2 with FM3 same as they will do with FM6.

Upvote 0
Except the X1 has confirmed Fanatec CSW v2 support while Fanatec is hearing crickets from Sony, which I don't think is anything to overlook.
Nope - no better. The PS4 will have Thrustmaster's NEW wheels supported and the XBone will support Fanatec's NEW wheels, so neither is providing LEGACY support.

You want to drive our games? Buy a new wheel! Pfft. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Nope - no better. The PS4 will have Thrustmaster's NEW wheels supported and the XBone will support Fanatec's NEW wheels, so neither is providing LEGACY support.

You want to drive our games? Buy a new wheel! Pfft. :rolleyes:

Not entirely true. The PS4 supports the Thrustmaster T500RS. I've used my T500 quite a few times with Driveclub. Logitech wheels will likely never be supported though on the PS4 though. I don't know who's to blame but considering Logitech hasn't updated anything since the G27, I'd say they're getting out of the wheel business soon and don't care that the PS4 doesn't have support.

Upvote 0
In all cases, MS and SONY are to blame because it is their insistence on proprietary technology lock-outs that stop the legacy wheels from working. If it worked on the PS3 then there is no valid reason for it not to work on the PS4. Simples. ;)

This is why I have a PC and save my PS4 for field-sports/arcade games only...

Upvote 0
Well, that's certainly a debate that's been going on since the PS4 was announced. The GTPlanet forum has numerous threads and hundreds of posts from Logitech users pissed that the Logitech wheels aren't supported on the PS4. Originally, most people thought the same thing, Sony was just trying to force you to buy new wheels, but then when the Thrustmaster T500 worked on the PS4 and it confused everyone. I don't know the real reason behind which wheels are supported and which are not but like everything with a console compared to a PC, not all peripherals, accessories, controllers, are going to be compatible going forward. Only the PC has the advantage of future and backwards compatibility which is why its still my preferred platform for games.

Upvote 0
PC for life :p
I'm serious, at least in my country the games are cheaper, and you don't have to upgrade it when the next-gen consoles come out (it can still run the games :p disregarding the game graphic settings tho)

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 295 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years