F1 2011 Xbox 360 Wheel Suggestions

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Anyone have any suggestions of a good wheel for xbox 360? I'm interested in moving from a controller to a wheel so I can begin turning assists off :)

Thanks in advance.

Have done some research on this. Prices are in Europe.

Maker

Item
Appr
Price
Compatability
Summary

Fanatec

CSR Elite

£500

XBox, PS3, PC

Essentially their new Clubsport setup (see the video below) but with Xbox compatibility and less features limited by console. Two big motors New optical system “direct sensor technology” on axis vs motor. Sports style wheel with carbon fibre construction. They will make other wheel styles available based on demand. Two screws to undo to swap.
Pedals are from £50 or adapter for Xbox ones for £15.00.

Fanatec
CSR
£200 + pedals.
XBox, PS3, PC

Similar looking wheel to above but no Carbon and sits on an updated/improved version of the old GT2 workings. (link to Photo below)
Madcatz
FFB
£180
Xbox
Updated and rebadged Saitek 660 FFB Wheel with added metal construction (or facings?). (link to Photo below)
Microsoft
Official
£100
Xbox
Discontinued. Prices rising. Durability queries.
Madcatz
Wireless
£80
Xbox
Wireless Vibration but no FFB.
Microsoft
Controller
£60
Xbox
The funny looking one like a WW2 Bomber controller.
Datel

£54.99
Xbox
Wireless Vibration but no FFB steel bearings
Thrustmaster
458 Italia
£70.00
Xbox
Wired, Vibration, No FFB. Expensive and basic..
Datel

£29.99
Xbox
Wired Vibration but no No FFB
Madcatz
MC2
£40
Xbox
Wired Vibration but No FFB, Cheap but functional.

My personal conclusions.
Fanatec are doing some great design work but appear to me to have had some growing pains as quality control, logistics and customer service haven’t kept pace with their rapid growth. Beautiful designs, very sexy but far from trouble free. They are more like Ferrari than Porsche in this regard.
Madcatz have done us proud with a $40 non FFB wheel but I would find it hard to pay more than £100 for the FFB one. Original (and apparently not bad) Saitek 660 it is based on was £59.99 in 2008 back when a Logitech G25 was £200. If it’s over £100 they are being naughty. If my estimates above are correct I would have to go the extra for the CSR. Their wireless non FFB wheel appears value.
Thrustmaster appear to be keen to see what happens when they join two companies that like to overcharge for peripherals (Xbox and Ferrari) together on one product. The fruit is the 458 Italia. Same as a £29.99 wheel but more expensive. Personally I’ll just be buying the prancing horse sticker.
I would buy the Logitech G27 (£200.00 at moment) in a heartbeat if it was Xbox compatible.
Karl Raper has a FFB wheel. I have to have one because if he has one and is fast then when I have one I will be fast no?

http://www.fanatecwheel.com/news/hands-fanatec-csr-elite-wheel
Photos of two fanatecs and madcatz below.
http://www.insidesimracing.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=3983&start=40
Below video: The one to make you cry as we can’t have it unless it fits the Elite base too, TBA
Below video (third one down their home page) gives much extra detail on the CSR Elite and ability to swap wheels.
http://www.fanatecwheel.com/

[360] Racing Wheels

Hi RD Members

I have tried two racing wheels in F1 2011 which are the MadCatz Wireless Racing Wheel & the Power Racer 270 which both have the same problem they dont turn in enough and I am just not happy with them on the game. I have already taken one back & replaced it but I am taking the other back soon and getting my money back. Anyway the reason for me posting this is which is the best affordable racing wheel for F1 2011? As I tried using the controller and it was way to sensitive in my opinion and you can't change the settings on that or not that I could see. I could really use the help with this to find the best wheel for the game. :)

Thanks the1lackster

The new Ferrari wheel from thrustmaster is looking pretty good I've used a few of their products for PC and if the quality is the same then it's looking to be the ****. It has a load of extra buttons so no worries about unmapped controls.
I use the 360 wireless wheel and although the FFB is not great it's a very good wheel.

Myself and quite a few of the guys in the RD Xbox League use the Madcatz Micron MC2. It's the cheapest wheel out there but for the price can't be beaten. Can get it from Argos for around 35 quid. Had mine since F1 2010 came out and it's never let me down. Doesn't look the most stylish but it does the job and there are some very quick drivers using it in our league. Try it our you can't lose really because you can easily return it if it doesn't suit you.

Is the Power Racer wheel the Datel one from Argos? I was looking at that one myself a while ago.

@Ben - Which Microsoft wheel is that? Is it the brand new one or the one that was released 2009 I think it was? You can't get the previous one new but it is on ebay and so on which I have been looking at. Youtube reviews have not really been that helpful either. Force Feedback is not really the issue for me as the other two wheels even with settings edited well didnt turn in properly mainly around corners like at the Chinese Grand Prix (corners 1-4)

@Peter - Hmm ok and yeah it is from Argos.

Could be the F1 car your driving, they only have something like 17 degrees turn-in angle or less?. havn't explained that very well but hopefully you know what I mean. I am on the madcatz wired wheel and it does a fantastic job for the price.

Could be the F1 car your driving, they only have something like 17 degrees turn-in angle or less?. havn't explained that very well but hopefully you know what I mean. I am on the madcatz wired wheel and it does a fantastic job for the price.

I tested it with the Red Bull car as well and it is exactly the same. I am taking my current wheel back later today and getting my money back which will go towards my new xbox as mine has a disk drive issue. Anyway if there are any recommendations then please feel free to let me know. :)

There is already a comprehensive thread on Xbox 360 wheels on this page. Did you read it before posting your question?
- When I posted this topic I didn't even see that topic.

Yeah mine is an oldschool one. I tell you it's a tank and I'm really happy with it aside from it's lack of buttons. I like cockpit view and would like some extra buttons for look left/right
- Cool yeah I tried to get it but when I was looking at wheels for the Xbox 360 it was out of stock everywhere as they stopped making it I think. I will probably have to buy on off ebay and I like it though and as its for F1 2011 the fact it don't have a stick shift is good. :D

Hi RD Members

I have tried two racing wheels in F1 2011 which are the MadCatz Wireless Racing Wheel & the Power Racer 270 which both have the same problem they dont turn in enough and I am just not happy with them on the game. I have already taken one back & replaced it but I am taking the other back soon and getting my money back. Anyway the reason for me posting this is which is the best affordable racing wheel for F1 2011? As I tried using the controller and it was way to sensitive in my opinion and you can't change the settings on that or not that I could see. I could really use the help with this to find the best wheel for the game. :)

Thanks the1lackster
have you tried the 270 wireless datel power race? and not good for the game?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%