• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Xbox 360 Pad Problems

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by thomas cook, Oct 30, 2012.

1. thomas cook

thomas cook

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, so before you tell me to buy a steering wheel let me say I cannot afford one.

The problem is, I steer, say to the left on full lock, then when I let go of the analogue stick the steering wheel pings back the centre instantly (this is realistc of course as in with a real steering wheel), however I want to achieve the effect you get on consol games such as forza where the steering moves to the centre again quickly but not instantly.

I have fiddled with the steering lock settings in options and the steering lock settings in car tuning all to no avail (in fact I cannot see any discernable difference whatsoever!).

I then tried downloading xbcd to tune my pad settings but this seems to be a whole world of pain.

Does anyone know if there is some .cfg file or settings or software I can use to get the desired effect as it is currently ruining my experience of what seems to be a great game otherwise

2. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Ratings:
    +966
    Perhaps I'm missing the point but why are your letting the stick return to its center position by letting it go? I use to use the 360 controller and never just let it "ping" back, always released the steering in a more controlled way.

3. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    rFactor Senior Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,543
    For a controller in race 07 go to control setting and then advanced..look down the list
    speed sensitive steering and then the 3 below analog sector settings these are for joypad/stick control...

Ive had this saved for my xbox when using a pad on racepro

This is a quote from GTRevo user manual:

Analog Sectors 1 to 3: These are the 3 sectors of the analog stick on a joypad, ranging from center to the outer extreme.

1: Being the first 1/3rd of the sticks range.
    2: Being the second 1/3rd of the sticks range
    3: Being the final 1/3rd of the sticks range

By fine tuning these settings, you can set up sensitivity of the analog stick to your personal preferences.

Suggested Sector Settings are:
    S1: 1.8x, S2: 2.0x, S3: 2.2x.

also allot of people have reported a higher setting of up to 80% on the speed sensitive steering was found favourable..