1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 | F1 2013 Classic Retro League (Archive)

Discussion in 'F1 2013 - The Game' started by Peter Evans, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Hello to everybody interested in this mid-week Classic PLR league. I would like to start a conversation about this as there are a few decisions that I'd prefer for us to make as a group..

This championship will start once information for the Sunday leagues are better known; but there are still come finer details that I would like to have addressed for all those interested in participating..

The races will all be 50%, dynamic weather, no assists, cockpit view; and the OSD will mostly be turned off. Last season we had Proximity arrows and Car Status available. I personally think it would be okay to at least have the lap counter on.

Details which I'd like discussed are mainly which day the races should take place on.

If you are interested in doing this league, please leave a message with your preferred mid-week day so we can try and reach a conclusion together. The Thursday after the Sunday race would be my choice; but if the group would prefer a different day, it makes no difference to me.

And just so we're clear, this is a fun league more than anything. I work in the week, sometimes away for most of it, so I probably wont be able to make every race.. I'll keep a note of ALL who participate and will do a league table. If we somehow get a full grid for the first race and there are people who would like to take part, then we'll always allow for more drivers to fill up the grid in later races

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  2. We'll try this :)
  3. The limit for 80's cars is 10 cars

The limit for 90's cars is 12 cars

Should have no problem filling the grid I guess.. If this is okay with everyone, it will have to be first come first serve
    • Like Like x 1
  4. More "problems".. No equal car performance, only one shot qualifying; which likely means stock setups only
  5. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley

This is tough Peter the 80's cars are not equal so you might think of rotating the drivers to different cars for each track? Just a suggestion plus I've no idea what the 90's cars are like. Some people need DLC for 90's cars and tracks.

6. Yes rotating drivers is the only way. I also think it might be worth having a final gear limit to ensure as much fairness through each vehicle as possible. Obviously there might not be 10 drivers every 80s race, so it might not be too much of an issue. It may even be worth scrapping the constructors championship and doing random cars if the numbers interested are at a maximum

Due to the one-shot qualifying, how do you feel about doing race only?

The 90s cars are all quite similar to each other. But yes, we'll wait to give all those interested the chance to get all the DLC

We need to think about getting everyone interested in participating in the PLR Classic league in this thread so we can finalise and agree on a fair way to do this.. So far I think we have three votes for which day to do it on, and they're all on different days. This is something else we should discuss as a group.

Yeah, this is getting complicated.. I don't want to not do it due to limitations in the game. We just have to find a nice fair way around these "issues"
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Peter Hooper \ Hammerpgh
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Peter Evans / PullThePlug666
  9. Matthew Booth/Boothy116

Id mainly have to do 80's cars as only got standard atm
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Maciej Cieslak

Maciej Cieslak
    Roberto Forza !!!

Maciej Cieslak /klamca
    • Like Like x 1
  11. So has Gavin right now. I don't think it will start for a while, plus its an 80's race first.. Just to warn you, there may have to be some fairly obscure rules if we get a full grid with 80s cars due to a few limitations within the game (no equal performance)
  12. Phil Moran /crafty gun
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Regarding the no equal cars I think the idea of rotating the cars so everyone has an equal number of drives in the better \ worse cars is the way to go. That way over the course of a season everything should even itself out and although you may be chugging along in one of the slower cars at various times you have the incentive that anything you pick up in that car could be pivotal in the outcome of the series as a whole. A point here or there could make all the difference come the final standings. It's all fun anyway so shouldn't pose a problem.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley / Gavos 2 Base
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Sign-ups Classic PLR League

Cockpit view, no assists, no OSD other than car status (perhaps lap counter, vote above)

50% race, no qualifying (as only one-shot is available), random car select.. Limited 6th gear for 80s cars if grid is full due to 5 gear cars having no top speed.

Calender is in league discussion thread

Race day will be the Wednesday, Thursday or Friday after the Sunday race. Yet to be decided

Sign-ups so far

Peter Hooper \ Hammerpgh

Peter Evans / PullThePlug666

Matthew Booth/Boothy116

Maciej Cieslak /klamca

Phil Moran /crafty gun

Gavin Hendley / Gavos 2 Base

Gareth Jones / gjones24

Rob Carver / carver3689
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  16. :/
  17. Gareth Jones / gjones24

Only 80's cars for me too until I get the dlc.
    • Like Like x 1

18. Good man. First race will be whatever day we decide after the first Sunday championship race, so plenty of time to get those sex 90s cars :)
    • Like Like x 1
  19. I did my first 80's race yesterday and had more fun in a 5 lap race with the yellow Lotus than I've had so far in the modern cars, looking forward to this.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Rob carver / carver3689 might not be able to make some depending on dates and times due to work
    • Like Like x 1