1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

xbox 360 controller setup/settings for GSCE

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by stash, May 13, 2014.

1. stash

stash

Ratings:
    +4
    Hello,
    normally i'm using my logitech driving force gt to play this game and it is really great. but sometimes i just want to sit on the sofa with my laptop and want to play this game. for this reason i have my xbox 360 controller.

unfortunately i have some trouble keeping my car on the track with the default settings for this controller. of course i know that i never get the handling i have with a wheel but maybe there are some better setups for this controller than the default one.

i would really appreciate it, If someone with good settings for the xbox 360 controller could post it here.

regards

2. grumbel

grumbel

Ratings:
    +25
    First of, one important thing to keep in mind is that the "Sensitivity" setting is displayed as "0-100%", but in reality it's "-1 to 1", meaning 50%, not 0%, gives linear input. Took me way to long to realize that and it made the throttle really twitchy.

As for settings, I am currently driving with:

Speed Sensitivity: 80%
    Deadzone at 0%
    Sensitivity for gas/brake triggers at 50%
    Steering sensitivity at 15%

As for Assists, "Auto Clutch" is on and depending on the car I might also enable Abs and Traction control on Low, all others are off.

I am also using a homebrew stick extender, that helps to give a little more range on the analogstick.

Rumble doesn't work with the Xbox360 controller (or at least not with the default drivers, haven't tried Homebrew ones).

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +73
    thanks for this @grumbel. Just had the need for these, as I only have a 360 controller for my older PC, primarily used by my kid. What steering degrees do you set in Profiler, same as with a wheel (i.e. depending on the car driven)?

Hey @stash, have you settled in a good setup for your 360?

4. stash

stash

Ratings:
    +4
    hi,
    there is for sure a lot of improvement but i use the following for the moment.

speed sensitivity: 100%
    deadzone: everything 0%
    sensitivity: X AXIS: 0%, RX AXIS: 0%
    the rest is the default "xbox360 gamepad" configuration from Reiza.

don't forget to adjust the assists (traction control, abs, ...) to your needs. i drove only formula extreme in 1.20, so i don't know if the setup is working for other racing series as well.

5. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +73
    Thanks. Though the setup grumble suggested seems to work good, I'll give this a try.

6. Jens Christian Jensen

Jens Christian Jensen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8
    By now there's an option within the game to select the controller 360.... work fine but is a bit lively..

7. Paul Brennan

Paul Brennan

Ratings:
    +20
    Does anyone have any newer refinements to try..not feeling to comfy with the default 360 settings

8. Keith Joyce

Keith Joyce
    Stercus accidit Premium

Ratings:
    +574
    The main problem is the steering sensitivity. As @grumbel states, extending the analog stick will help with this.

9. SCE_SR

SCE_SR

Ratings:
    +135
    I have no 360 pad, but i also like to drive from my sofa and i recommend the run'n'drive pad, with analog throttle/break shoulder buttons and this ingenious little steering wheel. U can drive much, much better with this, than (for me) this horrible stick controls.

My settings for this pad (7 axis mode):
    Speed sensitivity: 96%
    Steering sens. / S0 Axis: 30%
    Steer. death Zone / S0 Axis: 3%
    Rest by default.

Works great for a pad.
    There are not many to buy unfortunately.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015