F1 2012 [Xbox 360] Advanced wheel settings greyed out

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey guys,

I'm playing on the Xbox with a game pad (wireless, if it makes difference) and I can't access the advanced wheel settings. Not on Preset 1, 2 or Custom. Does anyone have a suggestion how I can get around this issue?

Cheers

Well, that sucks. I'd like to mess up with the dead zone and the saturation a bit to improve tyre locking.

I'll check just to make sure when i get home tonight.... Try lifting off the brake half way after about a second in you braking zone to reduce the locking of the tyres. Also try moving the brake balance to the rear (I'm sure your engineer has told you this already though, he's incessantly telling me this lol)

I don't have major problems with the locking but in few corners I'd use a bit less dead zone / a bit more saturation to avoid any locking in The Loop (T4 Silverstone) or Brooklands. Or T1 in China when I'm coming too fast I need some additional breaking in the corner and it's rather hard to feather the break because of the dead zone.

There are a few fast guys in our league that use the pad and also utilize trail braking, so it can be done. But there are a couple pad users that were fast with 2011 and do not enjoy 2012 at all.
I'm leaving work soon.I'll check the settings with a pad and see what i get.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%