1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.X Tack File

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Matthew Loudoun, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Is there any chance someone could upload a track in .x format?? I would like to try converting it into another game which needs to be exported from either Maya or 3DS Max

doesn't have to be anything special (just an oval will do)

Edit- Sorry got the thread title wrong :S
  2. Thanks for the track, both versions work fine

I'm actually using lithunwrap to get to .3ds so that i can get it into 3ds max (lithunwrap is the only free program i've found)

And now that i know it works i will probably buy BTB :D
  3. I thought 3dsMax could import rFactor objects via one of the ISI plugins. Is that not correct?
  4. there is but only for 3ds 8 to 2010, i've got 2012. And i've now found a problem with Lithunwrap as it has a poly limit.... :cry:
  5. 3DSimEd can export to a wide variety of formats, including 3ds and the more advanced formats used by some other racing sims. There's a demo that lets you export up to 50 objects so it would be wise to give that a go.

If you're using the .x format I think you lose info on the secondary texture channels (normal maps, multiply etc) whereas 3dsimed can import those channels, which will save time if it can export directly to your desired game.
  6. Buying a 3DSimEd license is a no brainer. Such a great tool.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. It beats me why some people who are serious in making content wont agree with buying a SimEd license?
  8. I agree, but I can see that two people don't. It would be interesting to hear from them.
  9. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

The whole problem lies in the word: "Buy". Tons of people do not buy anything. cracks, serials, and so on.
  10. I used the free trial to get 2 tracks out, the IOM TT course and a track called Folembray, both for the motorcycle sim GP Bikes, i've been working on them ever since
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    • Like Like x 1