1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

X-Files

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Martijn van Bommel, Jul 7, 2009.

1. This is probebly a very very stupid question but what the h... are
    x-files?:dont-know: In the download center.What does it do?:thinking:
    File Name:Evo Xfiles (92.48 MB)

2. .x files are DirectX mesh files; they allow you to load in car models to viewer apps such as CarViewer or Deep Exploration to aid while skinning.

I use Deep Exploration myself - I load up the X file and use the PSDs of the textures I'm working on in it, so that when I press ctrl+s in photoshop to save, it automatically updates. Much easier than having to go in-game to see your changes all of the time.

3. Aaah ok,at least now i know that's not something for me.I'm an absolute Noob,with capital N, in that area.Love the skins other people make but to me its a lot of abracadabra.lol.I'm just a racer...,well at least i'm trying to be.
    Thanks a lot for the reply,

cheers

4. which version of Deep Exploration is best to use, am going to take a look at it today.

5. either the Cad or standard will do the job, but as most things its what you can afford.

Best way is to download the demos from there site and see which one suits your needs.