WTCC14 Honda Civic... slow off the line

Hi all

I was wondering if any of you good folk have any tips for getting the WTCC14 Honda Civic off the line at the start without massive wheel spin and losing 5 places?

I realise it's down to my driving but whenever I get a chance to drive this car I'm really quite rubbish at starts.

(I just bought the Honda but it will only load in the game about 10% of the time - I have posted at S3 about this... grrr... :mad: content server error 20103).

I did a reasonable job with the WTCC13 Honda (usually lost 0.3 secs off the line compared to AI) and for some reason I am lightning off the line with the DTM cars :cool: but not this little beastie. :sick:

Any tips? Can anyone give me a push?

ta :ninja:

I say this out of experience with car (this is my favourite car in the game, so I know what I'm talking about):

Throttle control.

The initial tire spin for the Civic can be gruesome if you just go without easing off the throttle. Balancing your acceleration off the line will minimize, if not eliminate, the tire spin and give you a better control of your car, because usually whenever the Civic spins the wheel off the starting line, you have bare to no control at all of your car.

So if you control the throttle going forward, giving quick throttle spikes once the tire spin is minimized then you can go top power and cruise down the line.

I'm reasonably well known for my starts in this car (shame about the corners mind) and really all I suggest is hold the throttle around 5000 revs, with the clutch about 1 - 2 mm before the biting point. When the lights go green, depress the throttle gradually but quickly (if you know what I mean) and lift off the clutch around the same rate. Once you think the initial bite on the tyres is in, fully press the throttle (by this stage you have already done with the clutch) and you should be good to go! These actions happen in about 3 seconds or less so when I say gradual its all time relevant!

Best advice mate I can give you is practice practice practice. Most time saving thing out of everything is get your biting point found and hover around that at the start. Limit wheelspin with the throttle then everything is golden.

Getting good starts has saved me after many a poor quali so its priceless!

Good luck buddy!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back