1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTCC @ Zolder '10, Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
    Car: WTCC '06, 07 [Vauxhall Vectra excluded]
    Track: Zolder '10
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07, WTCC'10

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification [Superpole]
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (45 Minutes, no mandatory pitstop)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Nelson Ullinskey
    3. Andrew James
    4. Aaron Channer
    5. Björn Golda
    6. Iván González
    7. Vaughn Stegeman
    8. Reggie Blain Snr
    9. Arne Dopudja
    10. Blaz Kosir
    11. Christopher Hall-Nelson
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

I will review the replay of this event. The chicanes here almost beg to be cut. It's easy to want to go fast and use up too much track. Cutting the chicanes for a gain in time or place will not be allowed. Anyone found to be continually cutting or gaining by cutting and not giving up the time will not be allowed to run in Thursdays race.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sign me up please! :cool:
  3. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

You get warned for cutting and its rather easy to get a warning on Zolder, so i dont see the problem?

BTW @Dennis Phelan, why arent you setting the weather to Random? Just asking.
  4. Nox

Staff Premium Member

Yes please
  5. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

The cut warnings do not match the standards of driving we have here in RaceDepartment, you can have more than two wheels off the track and still not get warnings. Driving standards go downhill fast when people start getting away with "advantages".

The Race 07 weather situation was, is and will always be horrible. Even the best attempts to create random, changing or realistic weather have all been fairly useless. We have used them I have raced in them. All the weather programs do is simply create an across the board grip level change, oh and add some raindrops. As one that has experienced racing in rain and changing conditions I find it unrealistic, unnatural and a good way to lose race finishers.

If there were puddles, water running across the track, a dynamic drying line, variations in grip level around the track during a weather event I would say it was more realistic but still not use it. Race 07 doesn't do grip very well, we're lucky to have levels change throughout a race event, rfactor2 is working on getting the grip level to change with tires warming and the laying down of rubber during the course of an event but they still set up some events "pre-rubbered". Everyone still has a long way to go before weather catches up with the ability to understand physics.

Besides, the fans don't come out to fill the bleachers when its wet.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    • Beer Beer x 2
  6. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja

Its true that its just less grip and some water spray, but it creates some diversity if the weather changes midrace - some strategy and luck involved with tires and setup.
  7. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

8. Sign me up please Dennis.
  9. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

I'm in! Will try to get TS3 running this time :)
  10. Sign me up, please. By the way, is it necessary to be on Teamspeak?
  11. Sign me up please. Gotta get in a race!! Hopefully I don't get dropped again (de-sync or whatever happend in the Catherham race on Monday), and if I DO, hopefully I notice and can re-join before it's too late LOL

EDIT: BTW, how does superpole work again?
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  12. No, it is not required. However, I highly recommend it because we have some fun times on Teamspeak. :thumbsup:

Superpole is where you have one lap and one lap only to qualify. Once you hit the drive button on the menu, you leave pits and make the outlap. Once the out lap is complete, you have your one and only flying/hot lap. After you set your best time, you enter pits again and that is it. You can not go out again after that. :cool:
    • Like Like x 1
  13. AH! okay, thanks Nelson.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Always happy to help!

It always makes the event so much more enjoyable when everyone understands everything. :thumbsup:
  15. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja

Also, lots of aggressive coughing, dogs barking mad, static noises, feedback, hotmiking and so on.

Please, for the love of god, use PUSH TO TALK guys. I just quit the 2nd race yesterday as i couldnt hear my brakes so i was all over the place.
  16. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Sorry for barking dogs Arne[all]. I hit the mic mute button as soon as they start. Yesterday I thought I might have un-muted the mic instead of muting so I decided to turn the headset completely off, this is what everyone says makes the strange noise, so sorry for that. On my end, I can't hear motor, tires, anything that matters for driving while the four dogs are barking. They really get into it for the short time that the mailman goes by and when my wife, Joanne comes home, they think it's dinner time and besides, they're happy to see her.
  17. Some pre-race inspiration :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  18. AAHHHHHGGHGHG!!! Please help, I can't enter the server!! :cry:
    I get the error "Server may be running an updated or modified game" and in the available cars list I see two (2) 'unkown' cars in the WTCC 06 category.
    I'll try doing a Steam cache validation. .. To the best of my knowledge, I'm not running any mods that would affect WTCC 06 or 07.
    DANG IT! :(

EDIT: and I do have ALL of the official Race 07 content, including all addons.
  19. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Vaughn, I can get in.
    I see no extra classes, mods or cars that you shouldn't have and none were added to the server.
    The Vectra was removed before the server was started and its not even there.
  20. I verified game cache files, and around 150 files had to be re-acquired ... so that's not good.
    However, I still can't join. I'm seeing the correct number of cars in WTCC 06, nine, but two of them are showing as 'unknown': the Seat Toledo and the Alfa Romeo 156 GTA ... I'm fairly sure I haven't installed anything that mods these, so I can't imagine what the problem might be. Except that it's VERY frustrating. :poop::mad:
    All of the WTCC 07 is showing up correctly however.