1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTCC @ Vara Raceway, Tuesday, 03 March 2015

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM WTCC
    Car: WTCC '06, 07 [Vauxhall Vectra excluded]
    Track: Vara Raceway
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07, Race On, WTCC10

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification (Superpole)
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. -Dennis Phelan
    2. -Michael Klein
    3. -Björn Golda
    4. -Alex Odell
    5. -Ivan Fojan
    6. -John Grant
    7. -Alex Walder
    8. -Nelson Ullinskey
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201510):
    [​IMG]
    For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Server is UP!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  2. EireGreen™

EireGreen™
    Premium Member

Hey
    I´m in

3. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Yup, in! :)

4. ajokay

ajokay
    Real-ish Racer

I'll have a crack at this.

5. EireGreen™

EireGreen™
    Premium Member

Sorry,I have to log off.

6. Mondyrocks

Mondyrocks
    Ivan Fojan Premium Member

Hi Dennis, I'll sign up but may not be able to make it, if that's ok??

7. Mondyrocks

Mondyrocks

Just tried to log onto the server and it says a different version is being run?

8. Björn

Björn

Oh is it? Do you have all expansions required? That would be the base game, Race On and the WTCC2010 pack

9. Mondyrocks

Mondyrocks

Apparently it's no longer available on steam? It's race on that I'm missing.
    Sorry you'll have to count me out :(

10. Björn

Björn

11. John Grant

John Grant
    Dont Rub me up the wrong way Premium Member

i am in, if wtcc will allow me

12. Hey there @Dennis Phelan sign me up please! its been a while since I've raced with RD, spent quite a lot of time on RACE 07 about a year ago and decided to get back into racing with a club :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mondyrocks

Mondyrocks

Hi Bjorn,
    Thank you for your advice.
    My only concern, if I buy this item, is will it work on steam? Suppose I can try, I'll let you know how I get on :)

14. Björn

Björn

Yes - shortly (often immediately, rarely more than 10-15 minutes) after your purchase, you'll get another mail containing a steam key, something like ABCDE-12345-DEFGH and the like. You can then enter this key in Steam via "Games > Activate a product.."

For the sake of transparency, sites like kinguin are, of course, not official resellers, i.e. not supported by Simbin/Steam/whomever - some of them are dodgy and have sold keys of questionable legitimacy in the past.
    For the sake of fairness, however - I've never had a problem with these sites, especially not with kinguin. And, well, they're pretty much the only way to get the older Simbin games right now :)

15. Sign me up for this and everything else this week except for Thursday, please :thumbsup:

16. Mondyrocks

Mondyrocks

I'm afraid my steam server is down and I can't connect, no matter what I do. The missus is in the next room and she connected ok!

17. Mondyrocks

Mondyrocks

Thanks for all your advice.
    I managed to get steam working again and the key that Bjorn pointed me to worked no problem, with vat it cost £2.21, so nice and cheap!
    So I have the race on expansion as well now!
    Hope the races went well and I'll be catching up with you guys soon :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Björn

Björn

What an event! Goes to show it's not necessarily about grid numbers to have a great time :)

With Nelson joining the server rather early, compared to recent events, I wasn't quite expecting my time to be on top and I wasn't disappointed ;) Accordingly, if I recall correctly, it was Nelson - Björn - Alex throughout P2 and Quals, as well.

Had a nice start and managed to kept the roaring Beemer rocketing forth from P6 behind me, and then hung on to Nelson, whom I then had a tremendous fight with, great stuff! Really enjoyable, especially on a track this narrow - but as long as you know the guy ahead, you don't have to worry about crashing too much.
    The same seemingly applied to the Dennis - Alex battle right behind us, as well.
    It all went on until it was time to lap Alex W., who unfortunately happened to hit the wall, leaving Nelson with nowhere to go except for his rear bumper. I then let Nelson back through on the main straight, but without front bumper & missing a fully inflated tyre, he wasn't quite up to speed anymore and I carried it home - P1!

Another nice start into race #2 and some lap 1 brake mishaps got me into P4 early, following Nelson and Alex W. while Alex sped away up front. With P2 running wide a few laps in, Nelson and myself went through and closed the gap to Alex during the next 3-ish laps.
    Passing was a whole different story though, and during another really nice battle, it was Nelson slightly missing his brake point into T2, putting me into P2to hunt the Englishman... who then missed his brake point into T2 as well, IIRC, getting me into P1 again, with Nelson furiously pushing behind... until he missed his brake point into T2. Hard, this time.
    With tyres not too happy about all the action, I kept it a bit slower and kept another P1 till the end :)

Thanks for racing, thanks for the fights, great fun!

• Like Like x 4
  19. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

A tight circuit but I think very fun. RD hasn't been here for a TCC event in quite a while. I pulled a SEAT out of the garage that was setup in 2011! Pretty early on I found that my setup skills have improved since then as I had a better car very soon. I was also lapping faster than I was then, that amazed me a bit but made me happy.

Not a very fast quali lap but happy as it was smooth and clean.

R1: A good start and I tried to hang in with Bjorn and Nelson but to no avail, I didn't get that much better it seems. After a bit Alex crawled up behind me and though he lost a tad aof time once in a while was ready to pounce on me if I made any mistakes. As it worked out he made a mistake that ended up saving me from a mistake of my own on the last lap. I had gone wide on exit and he very nicely helped me turn the corner to the straight!

R2 After the start I just hung in with Nelson and Bjorn until Alex W made the mistake that let them pass and wormed by with them. The rest was a lonely drive punctuated with a few small moments of horror that all ended well :):)

Five out of 6 on TS, very good. Alex W you didn't get a reply from Nelson as we were not using game chat much at all.

• Like Like x 3
  20. I'd like to start by saying sorry to Nellson for my mistake towards the end of race one causing him the lead and the entire race. All in all though despite hating my car and the track I quite enjoyed myself. I decided at the end of practice that I would try out the BMW as I was getting yards of understeer in my volvo but this idea backfired immediately as I went into qualifying having not driven the car for at least a year. This resulted into crashing off and getting a puncture :poop: :confused: looking forward to some more races with you guys but I think I will stick to the safety and security of front wheel drive cars for the time being! :thumbsup:

I will get teamspeak working aswell for the next race! :p

• Like Like x 2