1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTCC @ Valer. Thursday, December 13th, 2012

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: WTCC 07
    Track: Valer
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07, Race On

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:50 GMT: Warmup
    21:00 GMT: Race (2 x 22laps) Pit stop required, minimun two tires changed!

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Penalties & Incident Reporting: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

We encourage all of our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information quickly and easily. It will improve your driving skills dramatically as well as your relationship with your fellow drivers.

Entry List:
    To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Justin Swan
    3. Mark Bushell
    4. Aristide Romanov
    5. Ian Gethin
    6. Aleksander Pienkowski
    7. Loz Reid
    8. Jure Skraba
    9. Benjamin Linstruiseur
    10. Ole Marius Myrvold
    11. Roy Magnes
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
  2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Little pitstop guide

Maybe not all of us participating in that race are used to doing pit stops so I thought I should share what I know ...

• Make sure you have keyboard buttons assigned to necessary actions
      • request pitstop (default '9')
      • pit menu (default '8')
      • pit menu up/down, increase/decrease value, toggle/confirm (no defaults!!! (if I remember correctly))
      • also assign a key to "Ignition" (do NOT assign a key to "Starter")
    • Create pit menu presets. Especially changing fuel amount in pit menu is dead slow. It's probably a good idea to have presets for the planned stops and also for some thinkable emergency strategies
    • Check if "Autopit" works. I always have "Autopit" disabled because I do not trust it. There are some custom tracks where it does not work at all and I have often heard of other issues like not stopping, not doing any work or not continuing driving, although it worked in general. Again - I have "Autopit" set to "Off".
    Procedure during race

• Request the pitstop early during the lap you are about to come in so your crew has time to prepare for it. (I heard that requesting via pit menu has issues so I always use the assigned key (default '9').) You also shouldn't request the stop much earlier than that because after some time your crew thinks you were joking and goes back to the garage.
    • If you like to adjust something call up the pit menu and do your changes. Make sure you position the selector over the last item in the pit menu when you are done (this will become the "Confirm" button)
    • Be carefull to enter the pit lane at the max. allowed speed (60 km/h) or you will get a SnG. Pit limiter will kick in automatically.
    • As soon as you cross the pit entry confirm your settings in the pit menu. The menu will pop up if it is not already shown. Do not forget this or your crew won't start working!
    • Drive to your pit and stop where the arrow is pointing down (needs some practice).
    • During refueling your engine is switched off. As soon as you are lifted up to get your tires changed hit the button you assigned for "Ignition". This will start your enginge. Do not hit the button twice! That would switch off the engine again. If you had a button assigned to "Starter" too, you had to press that too. Very complicated, thats why you better not assign a button to "Starter". If you do not start the engine manually you will loose 3-5 seconds.
    • Put in 1st gear, rev up your engine and wait until you are released - that's it :).
    • Be carefull on exit. (Also other cars on the start-finish straight should be carefull during pit stop phases. Name tags could serve as a kind of early-warning system.)
    Set up everything and do some tests and practice !!!

(during a practice or warm up session)

Good luck! :thumbsup:
    Nico wrote that for the GT endurance race. I would add that I use an engine "start" button and I see no delay as fueling takes place before tire changes. The motor can be started once refueling has been completed. The important thing is to have the motor running when the car comes off the jacks. If you don't start it yourself while still on the jacks, you have to wait longer in the pit. WTCC opens a pit window for a number of laps in the middle of the race, the required pitstop must take place during this "green" window. If you have stopped prior to the opening of the window, you must still pit for at least two tires during the open pitstop window!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Richard Hill

Richard Hill

Sign me up its my birthday and will be fun never driven the circuit tho lol
  4. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Yes please.
  5. Ariciuc Razvan

Ariciuc Razvan
    Premium Member

Pitstop will make things interesting.
    Sign me up !!
  6. sign me up
  7. sign me up
  8. Mark Bushell

Mark Bushell
    Now a member of the G27 club. Premium Member

Sign me up please.
  9. Sign me up, thank you. :)
  10. Sign me up please...
  11. Sign me up please.
  12. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Server is UP!
    Server says "UNKNOWN" for class but is WTCC'06 and '07
  13. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

14. Where I get this track?
  15. Loz Reid

Loz Reid
    Premium Member

Sign me up please
  16. Loz Reid

Loz Reid
    Premium Member

its from the STCC addon, not sure which pack this is from though.. maybe Race On as its in the requirements.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. How will I know when the "pit window" is open? Any messages? Lights? Flags?
  18. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

In the upper right hand portion of the screen, where your laptimes are, a notice will appear after the start of the race.It will say what laps the pit is open and go green to tell you also.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. It will show below "lap times" menu
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Ohh damn i havn´t it!

There will be an message in the right top with pitwindow and it will change colour when it opens and close!
    • Like Like x 1