1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

WTCC @ Valencia Tuesday, 06 May 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, May 1, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM WTCC
    Car: WTCC '06, 07 [Vauxhall Vectra excluded]
    Track: Valencia
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification [Superpole]
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (2 x 12 laps)
    Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Justin Swan
    3. Hristo Milushev
    4. David Kingshott
    5. Vaughn Stegeman
    6. Björn Golda
    7. Stefan Beemsterboer
    8. Dario Baic
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
  2. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

[​IMG]
    WTCC SkinPack (version 1.6) updated 11-04-2014

[​IMG]

3. Hristo Milushev

Hristo Milushev
    I thank Kenny Paton, for my premium

I'm here 99.99%

4. Sign me up please should be ok

5. Well, my mood has finally swung back around ... So I wanna get back into racing here.
    Please put me on the grid =D

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Server is UP!

7. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

I'm pretty sure I'm in - might arrive a bit late into P2, but should make it :)

Btw, just in case any of you got a friend who might be interested in joining us: there's Race Injection available in an indiegala bundle for $1.99 right now: https://www.indiegala.com/weekly :)

8. Yep! one spot for me pls

9. Dave Cerio

Dave Cerio
    Premium Member

I'm going in to P1 now. If anyone wants to join me for a little while.

10. Dave Cerio

Dave Cerio
    Premium Member

Ran about 17 laps. Boy, that Chevy can dance when you get into it! Not sure if posting lap times is allowed, but I would like to know if I'm even close to what you guys can do...

11. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

No lap times please, club racing is just for fun. If we post lap times it may just deter some people from joining if they don't think they would be competitive enough. We like to encourage racers of all abilities so everybody can have a battle on track no matter what position they are in :)

12. Guys, I'm gonna hafta pull out today. .. Why? Because today is just TOO GORGEOUS to sit inside. I'm gonna go for a nice long bike ride, and perhaps do a little fishing. I need the exercise, and it'll only serve to improve my mood even more ... and that's a good thing. More important that playing games at this point.
    I'll be back in soon enuf here, but I need to keep this positive trend going.
    :cool:
    GL HF

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  13. im in

14. Dave Cerio

Dave Cerio
    Premium Member

I compleatly understand. Had a ton of fun in p1 though. :)

15. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

You are not racing tonight?

16. Dave Cerio

Dave Cerio
    Premium Member

Still at work...

17. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Well.. I gotta be honest, I don't particularly like Valencia and with the resulting low general lap count and track experience, me being quite late into P2 didn't exactly increase my odds :D

I opted for a different base setup than usual and got going, managed to put in a few laps and get to a decent pace allowing me to qualify 5th.
    Started fairly well but still fell back to last place after getting kicked into the gravel in T1 :/
    Managed to make my way through the field back to fifth place and stayed there until the end as I managed to create a bit of a gap to the drivers behind but couldn't catch up with P4.

Introducing some variety, I started really, really lousy into the second race and fell back once more. Made it back to fifth, though and could profit on some events in front of me. First, Hristo went into the gravel just as I had reached him. Now in P4, I got closer to Nuno and Dario but chose to let them battle for a while - which resulted in yet another two positions gained after one slightly hit the other somewhere at midtime.
    Justin, once again, was out of reach, though - I gained some tenths, but not nearly enough to get close ;)

Good fun, and congratulations on finishing, everyone :)

PS: Unfortunately, as discussed briefly on TS, I saw David getting kicked into the gravel twice in one lap - please consider driving a bit more cautious when getting back to the outer side after a mid-turn pass, and, more importantly, wait if you noticed hitting anything moving ;)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I can get the Beemer to be manageable and I can manage it but I'm still off the curve on getting it to go fast. Certainly I make a few more mistakes during the races that add an instant 2-5 seconds to a laptime, far from being consistent.

But I'm happily applying myself trying to understand these bitty beats as all of you pull offf into the distance.

• Haha Haha x 1
  19. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

I take my hat off to you! I struggle with them and would only drive them if I had to.

• Love Love x 1
  20. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

@Björn Golda I saw David go off after I went along side him on the inside and thought at the time it was a bit excessive the way he went off and convinced myself something else had happened as there was no collision. When I looked at the replay, I saw we did indeed touch and then some crazy physics followed as if he was rammed in the side, which obviously, wasn't the case.

• Agree Agree x 1