1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTCC @ Thunderforest: Tuesday, 22 April 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM WTCC
    Car: WTCC '06, 07 [Vauxhall Vectra excluded]
    Track: Thunderforest [download here]
    Weather:
    Dry
    Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification [Superpole]
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (40 Minutes, mandatory pitstop)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Arne Dopudja
    3. Daniel Linder
    4. David Kingshott
    5. Kacper Kolodziejczyk
    6. Bjorn Golda
    7. Blaz Kosir
    8. Mert Kayar
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!
    You MUST sign up for this race before 2000 GMT on Monday, 21 2014 or you may not be permitted to participate in P2 and the following sessions!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  2. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

I'm in! Let's see what this track is about.

3. I'm in!! Go to test this track!

4. I should be good for this not sure about Thursday at the minute as it's Anzac Day here, and I will be looking after some aircraft.

5. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Cars are cheap in the RD Club races, grab one!

6. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Unfortunately can't make it today, but I'm in for this one :)

7. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

I believe Tuesday is the 22nd, not the 21st :p
    And so is the deadline not Monday 20th, but 21st :)

• Beer Beer x 1
  8. Kacper Kolodziejczyk

Kacper Kolodziejczyk
    Keep calm and race on! Staff

Sorry for being a bit late with the signup, I'd like to race tomorrow, so sign me up if you wouldn't mind. ;)

9. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

10. sign me up please.

11. My name is misspelled:D

12. Sorry but i can't drive this evening, see you next week!!

13. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

it's been a while since I raced. (been very very very busy with GTR2) and I have never even driven on this track. So sign me up!!.

14. Akis

Akis
    Over 9000 Premium Member

delete me.

15. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Big Sorry to Daniel.
    I was looking for the tree I use as a brake point and missed it completely nailing hard.

16. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

Great, race was ruined on the 2nd lap or something. Amazing.

/Edit

Ahh, Okay Dennis. No worries. To bad thou, this track was really fun.

17. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Well, that could've worked out better :/

Knowing I wouldn't be able to make it Monday, I had some more time to practice and managed to become quite fast - resulting in pole position during quals.

Hooooowever, I quickly ruined that nice start into the event by starting lousy and then screwing up the first chicane in lap 2 - sadly, I couldn't get out of the way in time to avoid Mert crashing into me - sorry about that!
    Afterwards, something on the car was broken beyond repair (red symbol without option to repair) and the steering was off due to a suspension damage - went in for an early pit for the latter I got out placed 4th and (now) last - however, I managed to pass David some laps in. While Kacper was completely out of reach for now, I did gain some time on Arne after he crashed somewhere but the race was a few laps too short to get close enough ;)

Given the track is great fun, though, I'll go and signup for Thursday now ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kacper Kolodziejczyk

Kacper Kolodziejczyk
    Keep calm and race on! Staff

Starting second place was ok, I took my hotlap really easy, as to not start further. The first few corners I took really easy to make sure I'll make it. Arne overtook me into first chicane as the FWDs were able to brake a lot later, but then overtook him back in the second chicane and there was my lead.

Now just keeping Arne and Björn behind me was the goal, but Björn crashed out couple laps later, and Arne waited for him I think. I now had a massive lead, such big in fact that once I pitted exactly mid way through the race I was only 4 seconds behind Arne. His used tyres and mistakes didn't help him and I overtook him just a couple laps later. Now it was just a matter of not making mistakes. Overall I've made 2 of them through the race that were noticeable at all. Thankfully they weren't too bad, and I was able to finish the race way in front of Arne after he made a few more mistakes. Really enjoyed driving this car on this track, so winning the race is a nice little topping for that. :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. No problem @Björn Golda anyway race did not go well for me :)