1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTCC @ Sturup Raceway, Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM WTCC
    Car: WTCC '06, 07 [Vauxhall Vectra excluded]
    Track: Sturup
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07, STCC

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification [Superpole]
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)
    Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Tobias Liesaus
    3. Jonas Dautaras
    4. Nelson Ullinskey
    5. Belet Michel
    6. David Kingshott
    7. Krzysztof Wolek
    8. Gundars Brigis
    9. Nuno Rodrigues
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  2. Can you maybe do some of this on the weekends? In Arizona, this happens at 2:00 pm so I wouldn't be able to make any of the weekday races.

3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Joe Nathan , we're only scheduling special events on weekends and sorry but not too many of them. One is coming up on 30th August so stay tuned for that one. While waiting, join us in the time trial event, its open for running 24 hours a day.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'll look into the time trial events.

5. sign me up

6. Signing up

7. Looks fun, sign me up please!

8. Please sign me up.

9. I'm in, sign me up pleaze! Funny track, den!

10. Sign me up please Dennis

11. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

I'm in!

/edit: my, my.. and there I was, thinking the gear ratios at Gothenburg were a bit extreme :D
    Also, the barriers over here are likely made of landmines, so be careful ;)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack:
    [​IMG]
    For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  12. Gundars

Gundars
    Pedal to the metal Premium Member

Sing me up please ;)

13. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues
    Premium Member

I will do impossible efforts to be on this one, first time for me at tuesday´s. Hope to meet u all at the track :thumbsup:

14. I don't get it. I have all expansions, but it's showing "unknown" track and when I try to join it says server may be running a modified version of the game

EDIT: Nevermind

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  15. Sign me up please.

16. Gonna make it short here.

Qualified second after being third or so quick in practice. I did not let it bother me that Bjorn and Nuno were faster than me in practice, I worked more on driving conservatively to protect my tyres :sneaky:. This turned out to be the right call as I pulled away from Bjorn after the first turn of the first lap of the first race :D. Dominated the whole thing, but the track was fun to drive :thumbsup:!

Second race I started way in the back alongside Bjorn :ninja:. Lights went off, he, I and Nuno began to carve our way through the field like a knife would tender steak :p. Quickly, Nuno got to the front, I behind him, followed by Bjorn . We were all pretty close, and my tyres were screaming bloody murder as I tried to catch Nuno :ninja:. After the half way point, I got past him and led to the finish :D.

Great event, thanks for organizing Dennis, and I look forward to another awesome event on Thursday! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4
  17. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Phew.. Can't we do another round of Gothenburg? ;) Yet another tyre-burning track over here.

Was doing fairly well through practice sessions and quals put me in pole - when warm up came up, however, everyone was suddenly improving and driving sub-1:03's :O
    In addition to that, I started quite lousy and Nelson passed me in T1. Even though I tried to keep up with him, that was about it - I wasn't losing too much time (at first) but getting close enough to pass was never an option ;) Halfway into the race, the tyres got really hot and pretty much decomposed - I concentrated on keeping enough time between me and Nuno in 3rd, which worked well. Right until the final lap's T1, when I spun and almost lost P2. I could recover just in time to finish about 2secs ahead of Nuno :)

With that history tyre-wise, I was pretty worried about race #2, considering I'd have to push pretty hard, starting from P7. However, a rather.. hectic first lap put Nuno, Nelson and myself into P1-3 respectively. Nuno did a great job defending P1 until he had an off in T3 allowing the two of us to pass him. Once again, my tyres were burning away while Nelson was pulling away ;) Safely drove P2 home with slightly less tyre wear.

Thanks for racing everyone & thanks for organising, Dennis! See you around next time!

• Like Like x 4
  18. Thanks boy,in the second i was push out, in the first corner, maybe u see!
    But its not grave, i was good qualify and races fightin' with dennis in first, and two with gundars, was fun!
    I was good for twoth when my screen wanted to go sleepin! crazy!!:sleep:
    :confused::)mad:)so gundars passed to me at one lap to the end!:cry:

• Like Like x 3
  19. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

In general I love 3rd gear corner, but not these third gear corners! Unfortunately it's on the schedule and run we must :)

The car came together well in the practices and I got in a good lap for quali. In warmup everyone was, as Bjorn said, much quicker but what could I do.

Race 1: Not boring but for me rather uneventful, a bump here a pass there, not in my favor though.

Race 2: I bumped an Alfa in T1 and couldn't get back out, I think another car had a touch on my rear though replay doesn't show it. Anyhow, ended up on the infield grass and way last. Running close behind Krzysztof snd I got sa bump from Belet, no problem guy! Recovering from that I ran straight into a wall and suffered damage that hurt performance but did not require a pit stop. I tried to charge up to whoever was up ahead , closed a bit but fell way short.

Thanks all for signing up!

• Like Like x 4
  20. Nearly forgot about this :redface:!

Here's the link for the race winning setup :coffee:. So there is no confusion, I used Ramon's setup. Also, much of it comes down to driver style and protecting tyres. Seat Leon STCC - Sturup | RaceDepartment - F1, Motorsport, Sim Racing Also, I only made one adjustment and lowered the steering lock to 18 degrees with my wheel set to 270 degrees of rotation ;)

• Beer Beer x 1