wtcc settings (gtr-evo)

I usually race WTCC with autoclutch off, manual gear (H) and no electronic help, but my lap times are horrible, far from the lap times most of forum users do. Is there someone racing like me? Do all people race WTCC with automatic autoclutch and automatic or sequential gear?

Regards

As far as I know the clutch is optional in the seqential gearboxes, I know for example that Alain Menu does use the clutch for downshifts, there was some footage of the footwell of his car at Brands Hatch last year.
In the STCC expansion there are some 6-Speed Seqential BMW's :)

Naah,

Beemers run a 5-speed h-shifter in real life (except for Zanardi whois running sequential 6-speed).

The FWD run 6-speed sequentials. All cars run without an autoclutch, but they only use clutch in 1st gear. They just hammer it in the gearbox!

For me: autoclutch on, but I use a clutch when starting or when executing a power 180 turn. G25 on sequential also for BMW. No extra help features. Cockpit view + real mirrors.

I don't think the clutch is used a lot in real live.

As far as I know the clutch is optional in the seqential gearboxes, I know for example that Alain Menu does use the clutch for downshifts...

Usually with a sequential gearbox one doesn't use the clutch when going up, going down its advisable to use it to protect the gearbox...

When driving "actively" but with “time and care”, the downshift can be timed to the point of not needing the clutch, but in competition all that goes in, that sticks and doesn’t brake it... is valid :wink2:

For open road going, just use the “nice” clutch, up or down…

…and there is a difference between a 100.000€ transmission group (differential, gearbox and so on) and an everyday car (with sequential gearbox) that costs as all less then ½ of that :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%