1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTCC @ Road America, Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: WTCC '06, 07 [Vauxhall Vectra excluded]
    Track: Road America
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07, Race On

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification [Superpole]
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)
    Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Björn Golda
    3. Bob Miley
    4. Daniel Linder
    5. Radek Bialek
    6. Belet Michel
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  2. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

I'll have to go with a rather unlikely maybe over here as I'm gonna have relatives visiting at 16:00 GMT - might just make it to qualy :)
  3. Sign me up please and hopefully nobody will turn up to take me out.
  4. H34d5h07

No money, no team racing.

Put me up as a maybe. Should be able to make it, but I might join late, like during Q session.
  5. Sign me up
  6. I'm in, sign me up please!
  7. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I hope a few more decide to drop in before the start :)
  8. H34d5h07

I cant join, but im working on it. I think it's retro exp that trolls me, so im re-installing it

I meant race on
  9. Only 4 of us but good fun learning to drive the BMW.
  10. H34d5h07

Okay, just watched the replay and this is how it went.

Right before T1, I clearly had the wrong line, and little to much speed.
    Bumped Michel, but it wasn't a hard bump at all, so he recovered super fast.
    It looks like Dennis didn't want crash into me, so he did some kind of avoiding maneuver, that somehow made him spun around.
    He never bumped me, but also I never bumped him.
    Nevertheless, a very strange chain-reaction :D

Otherwise it was a fun event. I think we all were very equal and it could had gone either way

/ EDIT

Rest of the report:

As Dennis has already mentioned, we both had our eyes on the trophy today. After a few laps he sadly went for a picnic in the warm sand. Bob started to catch up to me in the end, around lap 6-7 I think. It was also at this time I started to feel the tire wear. In the end, I won with just 1 second to spare.

After a somewhat messy turmoil at T1, I had my eyes set on Michel. After 1-2 laps, we were both side by side at the T7/8. I managed to pass him, and after that it was pretty much smooth sailing all the way to the checkered flag.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Only four but that certainly did not mean there was no racing!

I picked a Honda for this fast track, hadn't driven one in a long time. I pulled up an old setup and smashed a few changes into it and had a real flier! HowdIdIdodat! Anyhow a competitive car was needed since the track was wide open.

Dan was the Man for both races for sure and if Bob hadn't had trailing wheels on his Beemer it could have been different.

R1: Dan headed out and I could stay right with him, again "HowdIdIdodat". We had some good laps together, I liked that! All was good until while braking for the last turn I got some dirt on my left front and spun leaving Bob to go through. For the rest of the race it was chasing down Michel, lap times the same as mine at this point and making the point only because he missed a a turn.

R2: I had an big eyeful of Dan's car and in swerving to avoid went to the gravel on the outside, spinning. Still close, another full throttle push to catch up. Bob was just ahead, also trying to get back up and we both caught up with Michel about the same time. Michel off and Bob pursuing me, there was no taking it easy and I just tried to make as few mistakes as possible. My setup did not fail and I worked the car to make another point!

While this was a really, really good set of races I would have loved to have a few other cars on track. Maybe I should cancel the time trails? :D
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Björn

Noooooo! :D

Actually I thought I could make it but when I checked the servers, you were already in R1, started early? Should've been around 19:40 GMT. But I had a few beers anyway, so the airfield might've been the safer place ;)
  13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Björn Golda , Once agian I forgot to include a Warmup session:rolleyes:
  14. Björn

Ah, that might just explain it ;) Nevermind though, I think I've made good use of the time, the BMW's a tricky one though :D