1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTCC @ Melbourne: Tuesday, 18 March 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
    Car: WTCC '06, 07 [Vauxhall Vectra excluded]
    Track: Melbourne [download here]
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification [Superpole]
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (45 Minutes, mandatory pitstop)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Justin Swan
    3. Nelson Ullinskey
    4. Vaughn Stegeman
    5. -
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -

Reserves:
    Server is UP!

You MUST sign up for this race before 2000 GMT on Monday, 17 March 2014
    or you will not be permitted to participate in P2 and the following sessions!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  2. Put me down for this race please :)

3. Sounds fun, and I've got my sleep back in order. :rolleyes:
    Sign me up please

4. Me please :)

5. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Sorry Dan, entries closed.

6. Gundars

Gundars
    Pedal to the metal Premium Member

No more late singups? :unsure: or, why is this new rulle?

7. Wtf!?! what a stupid rule is that mate........:thumbsdown: a very wrong choice youre making here

if we had enough racers ...... ok!
    but if you prefer to race with 4, good luck with it.......
    .....................i really need to find another place than

bye bye!!

@Bram Hengeveld are you agree with this kind of actions? well i think you can shut down some servers than

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Really why do I need to be dragged into this discussion?

If you want to race then why not sign up earlier? As I see it its in bold and red so no need to go over the top with something that is clearly stated.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. not sure abot this, i think a lot of people including myself never sign up in advance, i just look at the event on a race day and if im 100% sure ill have the time i sign up, but if signing up in advance is necessary for more people to show up then u might as well put me in every race automatically and if i have time ill join

10. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

That might work for you but once everyone signs up and then doesn't show we still have empty grids. One could easily not be allowed to race for a period if they sign up all the time and then either don't show or remove their request.

There are a number of drivers that will only race with an reasonably full grid. Low signup numbers and they don't show either. The thing is, there are drivers that will fill the grids but they're not and we've found that removing signups is death.

Some people can plan a week ahead. Surely there are a few people that can plan a few days ahead? Two days? One day is really nothing.

11. Only four people? .. i gotta be honest here, I kinda don't see the point driving this with such a tiny grid. :(
    I understand using a sign-up deadline, and certainly don't disagree with them. Day-before is totally reasonable IMHO.

However, it did just kinda suddenly happen. It may have been good to make a general announcement regarding this change, so as to not catch people unawares.

I'm also curious about the 15-grid limit and why that is?

I'll check back in here before the race a few times, but I'm really not interested in driving with only four people (or anything less than 6, maybe 5 really). For me it would be little-to-no different than doing a single-player practice race offline. :unsure: Sorry .. I have other things I could really be spending time on instead.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

It did suddenly happen, with the ability to sign up three days in advance of the event, so does it really matter when it was started? The small grid, just to get some action. Reserves signed up in time would be allowed in. As there are only four signups, the server is set for four drivers. I expect there will be fewer than that now.

To answer the BIG question, it's my hope that soon drivers will look ahead, that they CAN see time available for racing and will make a commitment to drive the cars and tracks offered. If we have few signups and small grids till that happens, so be it. If it goes downhill, I 'll try something else to get the same thing to happen. I want more drivers, simple, more fun for you and me and makes my time setting this all up more worthwhile.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Sounds like some of us don't have kids or have a job and can plan everything in life to the last second.....:sleep:

a few weeks ago we had the discussion that you can't sign-up as a maybe....and now this

sadly enough it's not doable for me. Hopefully makes that sense to some of us :unsure:

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Nothing stops a person from signing up and then, finding an obstacle, asking to be signed out. That only becomes a problem when, like anything else[not showing up for signed up races] too many times, one might expect to see a penalty for that.

Time on track to day was spent working once again the tame the white monster known as the BMW. Still a tad slower than the Honda but I think I'm getting a better grasp on the reins!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Sorry for not making it Dennis. Personal problems at the mo.

• Love Love x 1
  16. Please do any statistics, race results, users' races information on RD portal. Something as it is on Race2play format and believe me there will be much more people here. DRIVERS LOVE STATISTICS :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  17. Franklin Stegink

Franklin Stegink
    Premium Member

Its a idiot rule.

Some people can not watch every day for the race events.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Bram

Bram

Yes when we had race log enabled and put in all those extra hours of work the three people actually checking their stats were thrilled with it.

@Franklin Stegink you know thats just not true. Dennis is one of those organizers that puts up his events online way up front many days in advance.

If people then cant be bothered to sign in or even check the site in all those days makes me wonder why they do show up 10 minutes before the session starts.

Its just a matter of not willing to sign up first instead of not being able to sign up.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

The next weeks Club racing events have been posted on Friday's and Saturday's, so some event are posted a full week ahead of time. The Calender is back up on the top banner and events will be listed there as well making it much easier to pick your weeks races from any of the Clubs.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bram

Bram

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1