1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

WTCC @ Lime Rock, Thursday 18th July 2013

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM WTCC
    Car: WTCC
    Track: Lime Rock [download]
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07, Crowne Plaza[FREE Download of Vauxhall Vectra]

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:50 GMT: Warmup
    20:00 GMT: Race (2 x 22 Minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Kacper Kolodziejczyk
    3. Krisztián Tóth
    4. -
    5. -
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    utp#10Server is UP!

2. Hardcore track to race :) Good times \o/

Sign me up pls.

3. Kacper Kolodziejczyk

Kacper Kolodziejczyk
    Keep calm and race on! Staff

Sign me up please :)

Definitely seems like a tough track to race, but it has a nice flow to it in these cars :)

4. Nice track ^^ Sign me up pls!:)

5. I am invited for a BBQ this evening, and with only four on track I hope you don't mind me bailing out..

6. Sure not! ;)

7. Hi I'm getting this error :( I tried launching through Race 07 but then mod is not found. What am I doing wrong?

race07.JPG

8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I'm sorry Stefan, never seen this.
    Did you just get Crowne Plaza?
    Reboot?

9. Kacper Kolodziejczyk

Kacper Kolodziejczyk

Hmm, this is weird, I've never gotten this message or the problem with "mod is not found" you're getting, unluckily I have no idea how to resolve it :(

10. Yes, I installed it just now.

Hehe, no problem guys :) I'll try to figure it out

Shall I run Race 07 or Race 07 Crown Plaza?

11. Kacper Kolodziejczyk

Kacper Kolodziejczyk

I think you should run Race 07, just to be safe. You don't get anything anyway if you run it though the Crown Plaza

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

We ended up with four cars and three drivers on TeamSpeak!
    Kacper had the speed, I had a car that would go for a few laps until the tires started to get too hot.

R1: Kacper too off, leaving Gundars, Krisztián and I to sort out the back. After a wild passing spree we settled down and I got taken out as my tires put me in places I had no intention of going. Ended up being lapped.

R2: Krisztián took off at the start and I followed until Kacper caught up to me and since he had so much speed, let him by. The pressure was too much for Krisztián and he gave me the entire width of the track to get by him as he cooled his tires in the grass. I tried to maintain my tires too and did do a better job than in R1 but slowly Gundars brought it to me and blew by on the front straight. As muy tires wore out Krisztián closed but didn't get the chance to catch.

Fun races for such a small grid. Thanks to all that signed up and for Gundars for his last minute arrival!

• Like Like x 3
  13. This was the first time i race at RD,, but i really enjoyed both race! Thanks guys!:)

• Like Like x 3
  14. Kacper Kolodziejczyk

Kacper Kolodziejczyk

From the beginning I knew this is a track where when you get the flow, you can just keep pushing, so so I did. I've been doing fairly good times in practice, but by the end of qualifying I have improved by .9s compared to what was my time before I started the final practice for the race. It put me in Pole by 1.2 seconds if I remember well.

Race 1: This went perfectly, without the BMW in the front row I was pretty safe, and with a start typical for me I have just flew off with an early lead into the first corner. From then on it was just a matter of pushing as much as I can in clean air so even if my tires would go away I would have a safe gap. I think they absolutely hated me in the 2nd half of the race, but they did last and I have lapped Dennis and was really close to lapping Krisztián and Gundars(over 50s of a lead), but I decided that if I slow down I can drive for a lap less and it's the safer option than running another lap.

Race 2: Started 4th, which was basically last. It began with me instantly taking Gundars before the 1st corner and was on the tail of Dennis soon after, I've got a run off at him on the straight and he let me by, which I am thankful for. Now only Krisztián left in front, again caught up to him and a couple laps later he made a mistake in the first sector run slightly wide, I've stuck to my inside line and he has gone off onto the grass and I think behind Dennis. Then it was the same story, lap after lap of consistent, quick lap times, running away. My tires were in a better condition as I had to run some slower laps behind the guys so that wasn't a concern really in this race. I've reached a gap of around 30 seconds and realised if I'll wait for about 3-4 seconds I can again cut the race one lap shorter and so I did.

All in all, everything worked out perfectly and here I am with the double win. Thank you all , and hope to see more people on the next time and hope to see you all around me next time ;)

Oh and If anyone wondered I have used default setup with 720 degrees on the wheel and 26.5 degrees steering lock.

• Like Like x 2