1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

WTCC included in GRID 2?

Discussion in 'GRID 2' started by aaee1122, Dec 5, 2012.

1. WTCC will be included???

2. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

There is no word yet on other car classes or tracks. As soon as more information comes available, I will update we'll let you know :)

3. thank you!!!!!!!!!

4. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I am not surprised if it will be included. Heard some rumors earlier this year about the WTCC license going to a game developer again. Not sure if that is again SimBin or maybe this time Codemasters.

If they include it into GRID2 I for sure hope they include the full season of cars and tracks and not just a random selection of both.

5. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

I'm not sure about the WTCC license going to Codemasters would do the WTCC series justice. I mean, GRID 2 will obviously be more arcade based. I'd rather drive an as authentic rendition of the series as possible, which means I'd prefer a sim developer like Simbin to get the license. It would be great though, if GRID 2 were to include a number touring cars from the WTCC class like they did in the original GRID. Just my two cents :)

6. Christopher Vrettos

Christopher Vrettos
    Premium Member

I have a feeling that the license may have gone to Simraceway...

This is listed under the "Licensors" section of the website:

Eurosport
    WTCCâ„¢ word and logo marks are protected trademarks (2005-2011) of Eurosports Events Limited.

Also heard from one of the devs that they have driven one of the cars already.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Yeah I noticed that on the SRW site as well some time ago but 2005-2011 has passed now :)