1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTCC @ Hockenheim Tuesday October 7th 2008

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

USA time zone event

Welcome USA time some event.

This race is primarily aimed towards our members in the United-states, Canada, and South America so the race times are set for that zone. However, we welcome entrants from other timezones who would like to race at this time and help us to maximize our starting grid.
    The only thing we ask is that priority be given to US/Canada and south american members since they often don't get the opportunity to race other events.

For this event, we will use the WTCC 07 cars and will use the Hockenheim track

Signups will close 1Hr before the Practice start time

Event details
    Game: Race 07
    Date: Tuesday October 7th 2008
    Car: WTCC 07
    Skins: Custom skins allowed.
    Circuit: Hockenheim 04 (click here)

Password: click here

Event schedule (GMT time)
    Practice: 9:30 pm EST, 30 mins (Wednesday 1:30 GMT)
    Qualifying: 10:00 pm EST, 30 mins (Wednesday 2:00 GMT)
    Race: 10:30 pm EST (Wednesday 2:30 GMT)
    Laps: 2 by 10 laps

Server settings
    Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
    Weather: Dry
    Failures: Normal
    Start: Standing

Please use the following format for sign up:

Name on RD forum:
    Name in game:
    Your Country:
    Special remarks:

*** Prepared to step aside to make room for US/Canada members if needed.

1. Yves Larose - BMW E90 [skin]
    2. Timothy Miller - Seat Cupra [skin]
    3. Chris Buchanan - Chevrolet Lacetti
    4. Marcel vd Aa - Seat Leon ***
    5. William Yunck - Honda [skin]
    6. Corey Theman - Honda [skin]
    7. Gaynall Hudgins

1. Luis Carlos - Seat Leon
  2. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Name on RD forum: Yves Larose
    Name in game: Yves Larose
    Your Country: Canada
    Car: BMW E90
    Special remarks: thats the skin i use for the one that doesn't already have it

Attached Files:

3. I wish I could make that :(
  4. Name on RD forum: Timothy Miller
    Name in game: Timothy Miller
    Your Country: USA
    Car: Seat Cupra
    Special remarks: I will use my personal Skin:

Edit: Ive repackaged the file into a new zip. Located at the above link...
  5. Name on RD forum: Christopher Buchanan
    Name in game: Christopher Buchanan
    Car: Chevrolet Lacetti
    Special remarks: Hopefully one of the last weeks I'm on the Joypad but until I get my room in the basement back I'm gonna just let it ride baby!!!
  6. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Just because i like racing with you guys ( the fact that i didn't finish the last 2 events also helps :becky:).

Name on RD forum: Marcel vd Aa
    Name in game: Marcel vd Aa
    Your Country: The Netherlands
    Car: Seat Leon
    Special remarks: Will step aside if needed
  7. Name on RD forum: William Yunck
    Name in game: William Yunck
    Car: Honda Accord :)
    Special remarks: This is my personal car that I purchased from Swedish Racer Thomas Engstrom. It is "works" and very fast so watch out...:becky:

Attached Files:

8. Name on RD forum: Corey Theman
    Name in game: Corey Theman
    Car: Alfa Romeo
    Special remarks: using the attached skin

Attached Files:

9. Name on RD forum: Gaynall Hudgins
    Name in game: Gaynall Hudgins
    Your Country: :usa:
    Car: Alfa
    Special remarks: :cool:
  10. Uh-Oh! The aliens are among us now!
  11. Hey Timothy, I am not sure your skin files are right - I doesn't look right when I unzip the folder. I don't see the .ini or the .dds files.
  12. Hmm. Let me re-upload them...If you downloaded them last time we raced, they should be alright. It's the same Adobe skin I've been using for awhile now.

Please see my first post in this thread about the skins please.

Okay, I've been able to repost the new file to the original thread. No changes are necessary to the skin link.
  13. Eck Simpson

Eck Simpson
    Premium Member

Sorry gents, I line myself for a race I'm sure isn't gonna be in the way of anything. Now I find, it is... lucky bleeder me... lol.

Sorry again.
  14. Name on RD forum: Luis Carlos
    Name in game: Luis Carlos
    Your Country: Brazil
    Car: Seat Leon
    Special remarks: I´m not sure if I can race, too late on my local time, and I have to wake up 6:00 am everyday. I will be on the reserve list. I´ll do my best to race.
  15. I know I'm well overdue for signups, but would it be possible for me to drive considering the low amount numbers? If yes, here is my car and such.

Name on RD forum: Richard Hamstead
    Name in game: Richard Hamstead
    Your Country: Australia
    Car: BMW e90
    Special remarks: If you don't allow me to race I'll understand.
  16. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Yep, hop right in.
  17. Wooo, tough night
    Qualy was looking good til the last 5 minutes when I went from 2nd to 4th.
    Race one - bad start and a lot of hitting, I was guilty too, I think the tracks with long break zones after high speed straights are tough. Different breaking points and I tried going inside a few times which yeilds bad results, sorry guys.
    Race 2 - Started 3rd and got a good start which had me gaining on Gaynall into turn 1, I saw Corey to my right but i didn't see Yves way outside of him. He was inside me coming into the turn which put me into Gaynall and we both went wide. as I came back to line Yves was there again in my blind spot and it sent me into the wall, were i bounce striaght and continued. As I approached turn 2 I got a puncture warning and sure enough when I applied the breaks not much stopping happened. The result was me spinning Gaynall and getting another tire puncture. I drove to turn three and was pretty much done. got in the sand and couldn't get out with 2 punctured tires.
    Very sorry Gaynall for the spin - disappointing tuesday night - as was last sunday, hopefully this sunday gets better. See you next time - :)
  18. Once again Yves allows me to sneak in without paying :banplease:

I got such a good start from 2nd at one point i thought i was going to take the BMW of Yves for T1 :p,but not close enough,happy to follow Yves a lap,but Marcel had the pace to not be happy following me,we had a lovely little argument over 2nd place,great close battling :thumb:,at this early stage we both were on the case of Yves,a fantastic 3 way tussle!!(yummy),i think a small problem at the hairpin saw Yves become sideways at the exit there :(,lonely race from then for me.
    Race 2 from 8th it got really crowded approaching T1,i decided to hang back from it all slightly,so glad i did,i managed to pick my way through after T1,all a bit of a blur,cars going odd directions all around me,but some good luck let me go untouched,had some good fun with Corey in his Alfa,just certain places where my approx 100,000 laps of Hockenheim payed off a bit at braking zones,but still Coreys pace overall was very respectable,so to pass needed thought and care,then going off a bit and having to do it all over again :p:becky:.
    Now in 2nd i was sure i had cooked my chances to catch Yves,but eventually i got settled and got some smooth laps going,one very small slip up let me through just before we start final lap,i could see rear view Yves pushing so hard on a car looking loose and hard to control on burger cheese tyres,he wanted to challenge back for the win before the end,i could feel it and see it in his cars "body language",terrible luck when he pushed it too hard on final turn and spun out,Marcel was there to pick up 2nd place,Yves recovers 3rd.
    Many Thanks Yves m8,very enjoyable races on a track i love,and i forgot how much i really like the Vectra too :).
  19. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

qualif : did my personnal best and reach the goal i had which was being in the 1:49 ish.

race 1 : gotta love the bemmer for its start. came first at T1 with Gary and Marcel right behind my bumper. they were pushing hard, great 3 way battle guy's :thumb: then in lap 3 ( i think ) gary was right beside me at the end of the long straight and i knew i couldn't out brake him but i know i was faster then him on the exit so i went for a late apex to be along side him for the next turn but Marcel tried to take advange of my wide entry line and hit me at the exit which spun me ( don't worry Marcel you couldn't have known my strategy, nice racing man :thumb: ). at this point i think i was 6 or 7 and caught a fight with Tim and William. so sorry William for the 2 hits, i misjudge your braking capability :Cry: all my fault. after that not much to tell took 5th place i think.

race 2: once again loved my bemmer for its start and was along side of William at T1 and like he said i was in his blind spot no way for him to know i was there then i saw him come right back in my left front panel and i was wondering where he was coming from :pound: once again i was in his blind spot and that when i heard the lovely voice of my pit guy saying " you got a suspension problem " :rolleyes: at that time i was 2nd behind Corey and i overtook him under braking at the end of the long straight ( i think ) i started to build a small gap because him and Gary was battling, so i decided not to push too hard to save my tires from when Gary would start catching me. once again we had a nice clean battle but i missed my braking point and i ran wide which opened the door for him to pass me, i tried to get back at him to only spun at the last turn and finishing 3th.

overall : not a bad night all in all and had some good, clean and fair fights, thanks guy's :thumb:
  20. This was my first race at RD and it was pretty good.

Race 1: Qualified sixth but had a bad start and only moved up one position off the start. I was just driving around until Marcel and Yves got together which moved me uop to third. I can't remember what happened after that but I got second somehow.

Race 2 - Started seventh and again got a bad start. I almost made it through the T1 mayhem but just at the end of it I made contact with another car which sent me into a wall. That damaged my suspension and I had to drive with the wheel in about the 10 to 4 position. After that the best I could get was fifth.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.