1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

WTCC @ Hockenheim GP, Tuesday 25th February 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Justin Swan, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM WTCC
    Car: WTCC '06, 07 [Vauxhall Vectra excluded]
    Track: Hockenheim GP
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07, Raceroom expansion

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification [Superpole]
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (45 Minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here
    WTCC Skinpack, download: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Justin Swan
    2. Nelson Ullinskey
    3. Vaughn Stegeman
    4. Gavin Hendley
    5. Sven-Arne Andersson
    6. Mert Kayar
    7. Mark Bushell
    8. Ricardo Umans
    9. Björn Golda
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -

Server is UP!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  2. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

[​IMG]
    WTCC SkinPack (version 1.5)

[​IMG]

3. I am in for this one!

4. aw yeah! sign me up plz

5. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley
    Meta-SIM-morphosing

Yes please!

6. Sven-Arne Andersson

Sven-Arne Andersson
    Premium Member

Sign me up please.

7. sign me up pls.

8. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Just a quick heads up: The "multi-car-GP" server doesn't seem to include WTCC07 at the moment :)

9. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

I'll be there in my awesome FWD something car :)

10. Dux

Dux
    The 1st MK Formula 1 rFactor Sim-Racing Champion Premium Member

cannot find the password
    [edit] - found

11. Björn

Björn

Yet another lastminute-signup over here ;)

12. Björn

Björn

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hooray for last minute sign ups!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Blip ! The Throttle Premium Member

Hi
    Sign me up
    Stig bidstrup

15. Dux

Dux

me too :D

16. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

Crashed terribly hard :(
    Never had any huge crashes in practice, quali, whatever. 4 laps into the race I crashed :(
    Do want to apologize for a first lap incident in the stadium, I saw a gap but I came from to far on Stefan Beemsterboer.
    And Dusko, due to a glitch you almost got me DQ´d because of blue flag ignoring on the first lap. You were ranked first for no reason at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  17. Dux

Dux

I have no idea what you talk about :D i was starting as last, avoid those in front of me :D went in the hairpin from inside touched no one and spun on the gravel prior exiting the turn, and even i think someone hit me from behind.

Also i saw that bug, i was wondering why i was on P1 but after lap1 finished i was put where i truly was.

Ps. Didnt know that on quals you can only press once drive, i escaped and had to start as last :/ but had 4th 5th time which wasnt bad for my first time

more luck next time :D

• Like Like x 2
  18. Björn

Björn

What a race!

Doing fairly well in the second training session, I was having hopes for quals - that were bound to be smashed as I screwed up T8/Mercedes. Still qualified in P4 and kept it during start only to lose some positions due to a small error in T1 (I think). Thus, @Nelson Ullinskey , @Stig Bidstrup and @Sven-Arne Andersson passed and the hunt was on :D
    Sven spun out a bit later so I regained that position, now on to Stig, I had some great laps battling him and ultimately passed him, as well.
    Now gaining time on @Mert Kayar, the next battle was on (Nelson had since made intimate contact with T1's gutter, I think ;)) - another few great laps until I could slip through approaching the hairpin and Mert braked to late - he regained position during the lap, though and the same procedure was on for the next lap - this time, he braked too late and went straight on.
    Having lost some time due to the battle, it was now Nelson who was approaching - what a shame to see him spinning in the rearview mirror, that would have surely been another great fight :)
    Now it was only Justin in front of me as @Matthias Klein had left in the meantime - no idea what happened :( I had to pit anyways and came back to the track in P4 behind @Stefan Beemsterboer (who pitted a lap later) and @Gavin Hendley who was on a daring no-pit-strategy.
    Passed him a few kilometres down the track and was now in P2 again. Justin was definitely out of reach though, as I could hardly maintain the gap of about 20secs - at least I could keep and even build up the gap to Nelson in P3 to about the same amount and was thus able to relax a bit after that intense first half of the race :)

Great racing guys, thanks for joining! I'll try to make it Thursday as I'm definitely out for tomorrow and Friday.

That's exclusive to the superpole mode used in the WTCC/STCC2 events, though :)

• Like Like x 4
  19. What a crazy race! I was going backwards, forwards just like everyone else! Battles everywhere and anywhere, cars all over the track! So exciting!

I qualified sixth out of thirteen. Had a somewhat decent start and passed a few people. Wiped out a few laps later in T1 I wrecked and had to work my way back up. Had a similar incident in the turn after the kink after the hairpin (If any of that makes any sense :roflmao:) After pits, I went on again. Pretty much a bunch of getting sent back and charging up. After all this, I finished in third. Had great fighting with almost everyone. :cool:

And a few notes: When I was lapping you Vaughn, we made contact a few times. Nothing on my car was destroyed and I carried on, so I am fine. If I inconvenienced you during that, I am sorry.

And also, @Björn Golda you just gave me 300th positive rating by liking my post about late minute sign ups. Thank you and cake for everyone! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
  20. Very good race guys. Thanks to everyone who participated.

• Like Like x 2