1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

WTCC @ Falkenburg, Tuesday January 14th 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
    Car: WTCC '06, 07 [Vauxhall Vectra excluded]
    Track: Falkenberg
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07, STCC or STCC2 or Race Injection

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification [Superpole]
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (45 Minutes, no mandatory pitstop)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Martin Leyfield
    3. Nelson Ullinskey
    4. Björn Golda
    5. Reggie Blain Snr
    6. Reggie Blain
    7. Björn Golda
    8. Stefan Beemsterboer
    9. Franklin Stegink
    10. Murat Erdogdu
    11. Gasper Grebenc
    12. Arne Dopudja
    13. Blaz Kosir
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  2. Sign me up please.

3. I will be there!

4. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

I'm in :)

5. Me tooo, pls

6. Anyone got a setup for this? :)

I usually hate asking this question, and I am learning to make my own setups, but my learning is slow. :unsure:

Edit: So sorry for posting this before searching. I just found a nice setup for the Volvo C30 that runs quite well on the Alfa 156.

7. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

Hey Nelson, the way I learned about setups was obseriving stuff in LFS since ti has a nice physics engine where you can see all the forces and such. Maybe try playing around in that? Race has no direct visual representation of things so its a guess for new people. Questions are good. :)

Though I tend to avoid hatchback setups for sedans, weight distribution is different anso the possible shorter wheelbase - Most apparent on the S60, which has to be set completely different.

Another thing is, setup behaves like you think it will, so I always made my own setups, good or bad, I was confident.

What I do in R07, load the premade setup dry, change it to what seems the most fitting for the track and then work from there. For instance, I was running some ~3.x negative front camber on monza for quite a while with all cars, then figured out its not needed and toned down to 2.5 negative and it works perfectly - Good on braking, good through corners, wear is low enough. Yesterday, looking at the temerature data (which i ignored for a year of having R07) I found out I had my tire underinflated, which resulted in cold center part and uneven wear and grip... You learn something everyday. :p

Why not create a thread about setup help/discussion, should be interesting I say?

Oh, and Dennis, why arent races run in Random weather? Just out of curiosity. :) (I'm that type of guy who would set the damage to 200% if possible and keep weather random. :p)

8. Franklin Stegink

Franklin Stegink
    Premium Member

Sign me in please.

9. @nelson try MoToC i2 pro....there you can find all the data you want to know; about tyres, suspension, fuel, carweight. Google around and you find enough for making up a suitable carsetup.

During pratise time you can ask (aspec. the fastest guys) for more help ;)

Good luck. Less tyre pressure gives btw more grip @ front and to lose (unstable) @ back

10. i hope i can make it on time tonight!!

11. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

Can we not run the STCC2 cars tonight???

12. I'm in.

13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Reggie Blain , the STCC cars are not in the lineup for today. Thursday is STCC2 only, no WTCC.

14. Sign me in please :)

15. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

Please sign me up.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

Sign me up, please add Blaz Kosir aswell, i hopee we make it for quali.

17. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Martin Leyfield
    @Nelson Ullinskey
    @Björn Golda
    @Reggie Blain Snr
    @Reggie Blain
    @Björn Golda
    @Stefan Beemsterboer
    @Franklin Stegink
    @Murat Erdogdu
    @Gasper Grebenc
    @Arne Dopudja
    @Blaz Kosir

Please remember that all RD rules are in effect. This is a tight track and narrow. IF you happen to bump a driver off of his racing line, not necessarily off the track, during a pass attempt and do not slow to wait for him to regain his position you ARE violating the Golden Rule. These races are for fun, if you take it so seriously that every position is gotten "regardless" then you may be punished.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

I have CTD when trying to enter.
    TA mode loads the track, no minidump file created either (the too-many-tracks issue).
    Shall I delete tracks?

19. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Andreas Scholz , The [downloaded]tracks we have used recently will not be returned to in the near future.

20. I can.t join the server, game it's not compatibile, i have race injection, race 07, stcc 2, falkenberg . May i miss something ?